« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Chuck Liddell Asks Judge for Full Custody

4/1/2011 2:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Chuck Liddell is in an L.A. courtroom asking a judge for full custody of his son, after the boy allegedly told him he didn't want to live with his mom anymore.

040111_chuck_liddel_video
Sources tell us 12-year-old Cade was visiting Chuck from Colorado, where he lives with him mom, Lori Geyer.  Chuck claims the boy was depressed and upset and didn't want to go back.  And, Chuck says, Cade complained he was "living with a severe toothache for 2 to 3 months."

Chuck took Cade to a dentist, but feels his son's "health and safety are at risk."

Chuck's lawyer mentioned in court the boy was allegedly abused by being forced to perform physical labor -- including snow removal.

The judge ruled that the Colorado courts have jurisdiction over custody so a hearing has been scheduled there on Tuesday.

UPDATE: After the hearing, Chuck said he was there to "protect" his son.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

artie help

how much chuck would a wood chuck **** if a woodchuck could **** wood

boo

Snow shoveling is abuse????? WTH????? By the time I was 7, I was doing dishes, by 12, laundry, snow shoveling, mowing the yard. I babysat and worked the muck fields like the rest of the kids in my neighborhood. Our future generation will be sadly lacking for a work ethic.

MIDNIGHT TOKER

The kid is mad because mommy made him shovel snow so he invents a 2 or 3 month toothache for daddy.Im sure she is getting much cash from chcuck in child support so I doubt she would not take the kid to the dentist.If my dad was chuck I would want to live with him too.
much ado about nothing me thinks

Maileeann

So what happened at the dentist? Nothing was mentioned about that. Was the kid faking or was there really something wrong? If there was then there may be a problem. But doing "snow removal" and other chores is now called abuse?
Guess I abuse my son on a daily basis by making him take out the trash, doing his homework, mowing the lawn, and cleaning his room. Give me a break!!! The kid sounds like he is playing his dad like some kids do. I'd feel awful if something really bad was happening so I am hoping for the kid playing his dad scenario.

Spider

Well, the 2-3 months of toothache is a child neglect and/or endangerment issue because it could become infected and lead to serious problems. As for the snow removal, I wouldn't be too concerned if he lived in New York, but there's A LOT of snow ALL THE TIME in Colorado. Hence, I'd need more information.

Off the subject: this is EXACTLY why the Ox is trying to remove Mel fron Lucia's life: she doesn't want her to turn 12 and say she wants to live with him because there goes Ox's gravy train.

Posted at 11:52 AM on Apr 1, 2011 by Tammy
***********************************************

Only the mountains in Colorado get a bunch of snow. The front range, Denver/Boulder, get less than a lot of areas around the country. Even if we did, shoveling simply isn't abuse and this lawyer should be ashamed of himself.

happilywed

A 12 year old would rather live with famous rich father in Southern California than his mother who expected him to shovel snow in a place where there's lots of snow -- is anyone surprised?

Elijah

Unless this kid is shoveling snow for 3-4 hours solid everyday, than that wont hold up in court. The tooth ache is just wrong, take your damn kid to the dentist. It's just good to see the Iceman caring for his son, I know he has his own problems and all... but its great to hear him being a good dad.

Liz

Abused by having to shovel snow. Really ? Come on that is how most 12 year old kids on the east coast made money this winter.

MoonDust

WHO???????????????????WHAT IS GOING ON WITH TMZ AND ALL THESE STORIES ABOUT PEOPLE WHO ARE NOT RELEVANT AND HAVE NEVER HEARD OF, I'M SURE I AM NOT THE ONLY ONE. BORING!

CrashAndBurn

LMAO... snow removal = physical labor. Last time I checked it's called a chore for kids. Luckily, it melts. Thank goodness he doesn't live in the desert where dirt removal is actually a physical labor.

janet

The kid had to shovel snow? Is this for real? A tooth ache 2-3 months if serious his face would have swelled up like a baloon.

Sounds classic. The kid is playing both mom and dad to get what he wants.

Wendy A.

REALLY! SNOW REMOVAL IS A CRIME? THEN I WAS REALLY FU****D UP AS A KID.

Santeria

sorry but making your child do chores is not abuse it builds character if he wants to live with his Dad then fine but soamny kids are really being abused the toothache is the better the child labor sounds ****ing stupid!!

Chris

Shoveling snow for 20 or 30 minutes is probably just a chore.

Shoveling snow for 10 or 12 hours is probably abusive.

So how long was this kid shoveling? We have no idea based on what's printed thus far, so saying Chuck has no case is ASSuming facts not in evidence.

ManiacalZebra

I don't doubt that a kid would say that a parent is "abusing" them by making them do chores that most kids have to do, but for a parent to buy into it and try and get custody from it is really low. That kid is going to be in a lot of trouble later if he doesn't learn responsibility now.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments