Dr. Phil

Tried to Blindside Oprah

4/1/2011 1:38 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Dr. Phil set out to scoop Oprah -- the woman who discovered him -- on a huge show ... even warning his staff to keep Oprah in the dark.

0401_phil_oprah_launch_EX

TMZ has obtained legal docs filed in a lawsuit against Dr. Phil for allegedly defaming two men in the Natalee Holloway case -- the girl who disappeared in Aruba.

We placed a call to Dr. Phil's rep.  So far ... no comment.

Oprah had scheduled to do an exclusive interview with Natalee's mom, Beth on Sept. 20, 2005.  But Phil had been working as well to snag the same interview, when he found out Oprah was in the game.

In the docs, there is a chain of emails between Dr. Phil and his staff.  One of the producers wrote an email to Phil, saying she had found out that Oprah had an interview with Beth.  The producer had a plan: "But we can OUT SCOOP Oprah & do the show w/ her first no matter what we find tomorrow we still have an interesting show - plus only YOU can really help."

Phil (using initials DPM - Dr. Phil McGraw) responded, "WE DEFINITELY NEED TO SCOOP THE DEAL SO IF WE NEED TO SHOOT THIS WEEK THEN LETS DO IT."  Phil adds this caution:  "IF SHE [Beth] TELLS THE OPRAH PEOPLE ABOUT US THEY WILL LIKELY ATTEMPT TO DERAIL IT BY MOVING UP THEIR SCHEDULE."

The producer responds, "Grea[t] & she won't say anything to oprahs peeps she knows it would jeopardize what we are doing - I'll email you both tomorrow as soon as I talk to jamie & we can go from there!! Yippie scoopen the big O!!"

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6

Doreen Lewis

Serves Oprah right for unleashing him onto the american public.

bruisednotbroken

l noticed the quack name-dropping, made me throw up in my mouth. He's always introducing celebrities as "my good friend".... makes me cringe. Don't watch him anymore, only by accident when l turned on TV, l change channels immediately. His wife makes me cringe too the way she fawns all over him. Uhggggggg, what a couple. They deserved each other...

HesAMagicManMama

I wish they both would jump off the planet. ...and this new channel of her's OWN....c'MON!! She OWNS enough dont ya think?? b!t

HesAMagicManMama

...and OWN is just another way to keep her **** opinions on television. As if the first 25 years werent enough!

BOWLEGS

sad u just cant trust anyone. HE'S A BIG JERK AND AN AZZHOLE.....

DEBRA

Oprah maybe you should consider doing more favors for your own kind because the ones you make famous and rich wind up backstabing you! Dr. Phil (you should not bite the hand the fed your ass,)if it wasnt for her you wouldn't be where you right now!!! in my opinion you ARE a fake and i'm not a fan at all! SAME THING FOR RACHEL RAY!!

Sondra

Never could stand or watch this poser. Phil needs to go back where he came from.

Cynthia

The so-called Doctor Phil is not an MD first off...he is a Phd. and is no longer licensed in his State...so like any professional he is NOT allowed to practice! Oprah could do the same if not more for Beth than Fake Doctor, rather Phd...
I think he is a sneak and I cannot stand to watch such a totally big hoax!
I am a professional and do not like imposters! All that Oprah has done for him?? Does he think he is acting like a man? A mouse is more like it!

Tom

Dr. Phil, the professional? I would like to see a copy of his medical degree! The same as someone's birth certificate. I'm not from the show me state but I would like to see both.

KAREN LINDA HARRIS

THE BIG O BETTER WATCH IT PEOPLE LOVED OJ AT ONE TIME LOOK HOW THEY FEEL ABOUT HIM NOW SHE HELPS THE WRONG PEOPLE.

Bonnie

Dr. Phil is sketchy. Never liked him or his advice. He makes Jerry look good! :)

Nellie

I have watched Dr. Phil since he came on the O show and I am telling everybody this guy has HELPED so many people in so many ways and I myself am helped just listening to his advice! Sure the man has money but the GENIUNE help he gives to so many people gets your mind off his money!!!! There is always jealousy in any personality who does make money but DR.PHIL is legitimate, this wonderful human being has saved a lot of lives just by talking to parents of wayward kids, etc. LISTEN WITH YOUR HEART!!!!!!!! Dr. Phil is a God's Blessing to so many people in all ways of life!!!!! I cannot believe what I have just read from people that absolutely are NOT physological minded.... More sucess to you Dr. Phil!!!!!!!!!!!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6