Jackson Statue Erected Outside Soccer Stadium

4/3/2011 1:26 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

English Premier League soccer and Michael Jackson are synonymous with each other (just go with it) so it should come as no surprise that a statute in his honor was unveiled outside a stadium in London today.

0403_michael_jackson_statue_getty
Turns out the owner of the Fulham FC, Mohamed Al Fayed, was close friends with Jackson. He had originally planned to put the statue outside of Harrods in London, but he sold the store last year.

So now it is displayed outside of a soccer stadium in London. Perfect match.

SantaFeJack

I'll leave the scathing remarks to others, but the statue really is more butch-looking than Michael ever was in real life. Artistic license? Oh,hell, why not? When I was much younger, I always laughed at the incredibly youthful pictures newspapers and magazines published upon a luminaries death...even if they hadn't looked like that in MANY decades. Now that I am old, I understand what a kindness it is to have that approach. The "skinny Elvis stamp" comes immediately to mind.

kimd

Too true.Whenever I think of drunken,English football hooligans,I automatically think of Michael Jackson.

donna

I think that is awesome. Does not like just like him but the fact that they did that with the statue is nice. MJ deserves that and more. I loved the movie This Is It.....but I found it amazing the message he gives at the end of the movie about taking care of the planet and how we have 4 years to get it right. This was a day(s) before he died. This man served his purpose not only as a entertainer but something even BIGGER....to use the stage as a platform to send a very important message around the world and I just hope everyone who watches the movie or listens to his music, gets the message loud and clear. Love you Michael.....

Emmanuelle Rodriguez

for the people who talk trash about a great singer, F*** You, especially the people who want to talk about children and Michael jackson in a sexual sense, obviously you have nothing better to do than think about than young boys and their private parts... I think people like you are sick, Michael deserves it, it was done in his honor, nothing more.. you people need to just shut it for once...

Andie

The face doesn't look like him - not distord enough. It needs some plastic surgery.

SAVAGE

WHO ARE YOU PEOPLE TO JUDGE HIM YALL DONT KNOW THE TRUTH SO SHUT THT F UP GOSH !!!!!!! GET A LIFE BUT ITS GOOD SEEING A LEGEND OF ALL TIME(MICHAEL JACKSON)

Dan Kemp

yeah, that shows that someone sucks..)dk

mildly insane

I'd love to see someone hang
a to old don't want sign on it

cementmixer

Should be on his back with his hands on his chest.

HumanNature

LONG LIVE THE QUEEN OF "ALL" CHILD MOLESTERS, SICKO WACKO JACKO

THANK GOD THE CREEP IS DEAD & GONE INFINITY & BEYOND!!1!!

AND MURRAY "STILL" HAS NO WORRIES!!!

Posted at 7:34 PM on Apr 3, 2011 by HumanNature

OhWell

CLONING MY NAME WILL NEVER STOP THE "L.O.V.E" FOR MJ!!!!

JUST TO SHOW THAT PEOPLE ALL OVER WORLD ARE STILL REMEMBERING "THE KING"

LONG LIVE THE KING OF "ALL" MUSIC, MICHAEL JOSEPH JACKSON

@@@@@@@@@@@@

IF THE "QUACK" IS NOT WORRY (MONEY PROBLEM) THEN WHY IS HE ON TRIAL????

CON "RAT" THE MURDERER STILL DOES NOT HAS/HAVE A DEFENSE!!!

Damien

I always appreciate anyone who honors MJ, but, this statue looks horrible! What kind of budget were they on?? It looks like it was slapped together rather hastily. Nevertheless, I love me some Michael Jackson. R.I.P.

themaestrosgirl

I appreciate the thought, I really do, it's great to have MJ remembered and I miss him every day, but I'm sorry - That statue is just God awful LOL. Not MJ at all, and the pose is all wrong and as far as I know MJ had only a passing (investment) interest in football, that didn't pan out, if memory serves...