'Deadliest Catch' -- New Captain, MAJOR Tension

4/4/2011 4:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The guy who took over for Captain Phil Harris on "Deadliest Catch" could really use some sensitivity training ... because dude used Phil's death to rip a crew member ... in front of Phil's TWO SONS.

040111_deadliest_catch_video
TMZ has obtained a clip from the upcoming season of "D.C." ... in which Derrick Ray -- the new skipper of the F/V Cornelia Marie -- gets into a serious verbal spat with engineer Steve Ward.

During the fight, Phil's son Jake pleads for the two to make up ... and that's when Ray heartlessly snaps and says,"Phil's not here, he's f**king dead, okay?"

To make things worse ... Phil's other son Josh is also in earshot.

The new season kicks off April 12.

Tracey B

they got shot of Derrick Ray, he called in the cops on Jake over his drug use. Freddie left the Cornelia Marie too, wonder if we find out why and had it anything to do with not trusting a crew member like Jake who may or not be under the influence. they put their lives in the hands of other crew members and if one of them is off their head all the time must not be a good environment

Tania

The new captain is an ass... if he is that arrogant in port under calm conditions, what will he do when it really gets stressful.
That kind of posturing and bull wont make for a good working ship.
Capt Phil (god bless him) could get away with that.. but he earned the right and he never needed to prove he was top man.

fishfan

mutiny on the "Cornelia Marie"! I give em one week at sea before it gets real ugly! Those boys are still grieving and one will snap if this douche keeps treating people like this. Its one thing when its your dad yelling at you a whole other thing when its someone else who you dont have that built in respect for.

OzRose

I'm waiting for the next series to start , we get it a bit behind some of you lot so I'm not up with all that happening but if the clown carried on like that , I'm wishing that someone chucks him overboard .

R.I.P Cap'n Phil , I'm gunna miss your blue eyes .
Keep safe watch over those lovely boys of yours.

Bob

The Boy's should put this Capt. Derrick Ray Jerkoff in a Crab Pot and send him to the Bottom... What A Douche Bag!

proudmarinemom09

I hope he was fired. There was no reason to say what he did about aptain Phil, I hope the boys both punched him good. I thought Keith on the wizard was a jacka@@ but this guy is worse.

David C Bihlman

First off ''CAPT-PHILL'' REST IN PEACE! SECOND YOU TAKE A CREW THAT WHO HAD A GOOD RELATIONSHIP WITH THE ''CAPT'' AND HE WITH THEM,AND HAD HIS TWO BOY AS MAITS,AS WELL AS OTHERS ON THE BOAT,iGUESS WHAT I'M SAYING IN A NUT SHELL ''DUDE''! ARE YOU FOR REAL? THE F****** GEARS STOPED TURNING? (HAY ''CAPT.'' BE AFRIAD-VERY AFRID!) ''YOU MITE
FALL OVER BORD!

nina

Derrick Ray Why would you say something like that? Are you upset cause you are not getting to be the big man in the show like Phil was. He was your friend why would yu do something like that????? Maybe you was having a bad day.....but you was wrong in what you did!!!!!!!!!!!

Mary

Okay, so why didn't one of Capt. Phil's sons take over as captain??? I love the show & have watched every season, even some re-runs! I miss you Capt. Phil. You had moxy!

sherry

tell me that jerk got the stuffin beat out of him later if i was josh or jake id say yeah hes gone but you know he was one hell of a captain n this is still his boat so get your stuff n get your butt off of it n dont look back you are not needed or wanted here see ya buster brown

P.J.

Josh Harris should be the New Captain of the "Cornelia Marie" not! this clown Derrick Ray who is already throwing his weight around, like he owns the boat, which he does not! and I feel that he should not be on Deadliest Catch at all! If anything, Captain Phil's son's should be running the "Cornelia Marie" because Captain Phil Harris owned 50% of the boat, not this guy Derrick Ray. The Discovery Channel should not have anything to do with this clown, he is already ruining the memory of our beloved Captain Phil of the "Cornelia Marie". Get Rid! of this Guy!!!!!!!!!! he doesn't belong on the "Cornelia Marie" Josh Harris needs to step up to the plate and get his license to be the new Captain..

Joe

I'll guarantee you this, that Capitan or anyone else got in my face like that he would be missing a lower jaw, and to say Capitan Phil is "dead" right in front of Phil’s sons, If I ever meet this guy his ass is mine!!!! I can’t believe Phil’s sons didn’t kick his ass!!! I’m pissed!!!

Peggy

I think he might need some senstivity training. I hope the boys's are strong enough for this. Have a good season.

lynne

whoa! lose the douche! what a jerk. Totally uncalled for comment, not cool at all.

linda chitwood

I think they should FIRE HIM that is a terrible thing to say he is lucky the brothers didnt punch him dead in the face they have been through enough. its a wonder the deck hands didnt throw him over board time to get another captain