'Deadliest Catch' -- New Captain, MAJOR Tension

4/4/2011 4:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The guy who took over for Captain Phil Harris on "Deadliest Catch" could really use some sensitivity training ... because dude used Phil's death to rip a crew member ... in front of Phil's TWO SONS.

040111_deadliest_catch_video
TMZ has obtained a clip from the upcoming season of "D.C." ... in which Derrick Ray -- the new skipper of the F/V Cornelia Marie -- gets into a serious verbal spat with engineer Steve Ward.

During the fight, Phil's son Jake pleads for the two to make up ... and that's when Ray heartlessly snaps and says,"Phil's not here, he's f**king dead, okay?"

To make things worse ... Phil's other son Josh is also in earshot.

The new season kicks off April 12.

sam

What a jerk that capitan is. Not only by the comments made about Capitan Phil's death in front of his sons but also the way he shoulder shoved Steven when he (Steve) was attempting to get passed him in doorway. Was glad to see that Steve shoved him back and then told him he was tired of capitan **** shoving him around. What a bully that new capitan is and needs to be put in his place ASAP, by the entire crew....

April Bailey

That so-called skipper is an A**hole!!! To start s*** with Steve the way he did, and to keep going at it when Steve is walking away is rediculous...And to talk about Capt. Phil the way he did with the boys being there is disrespectful!! He clams he deserves respect, well I think he needs to earn it. And starting trouble on the boat is no way to be... Its gonna be hard to see that guy at the wheel of that boat b/c he shouldn't be there... Phils boys are smart and they will take care of that piece of S***!!! I didn't like him at the end of last season and I sure dont like him NOW!!!. R.I.P. Capt. Phil....WE LOVE U & MISS U :( :(

JohnDoe

It appears no one here saw the show, or understands what the term "mutiny" means...two of Derek's crew left and went AWOL for nearly 3 hours before leaving port without notice or communication. That was a badly phrased comment from Derek, but he has every right to fire Steve at any time. He could have said, "I don't give a **** whether you were friends with Phil or not, you don't show disrespect to your Captain, and you're fired, goodbye". Imagine if an engineer had talked to Sig or Keith like that...

Kbear

What a jerk! Wasn't he suppose to have been Phil's friend? Comments like that you can't take back and there is no excuse for them ever being said. He is clearly a person who "thinks he is all that" well news flash! Your a captain Phil wanna be and you will NEVER come close to the man captain Phil was! Hopefully this is your one and only season on the boat! You make me want to turn the channel everytime I see your face!

Anonymous

I'm surprised Jake and Josh didn't throw the new Captain overboard!!!!! The guy seems like a real a-hole!!!

Anonymous

R.I.P. Captain Phil!!!! I cannot sit through one hour of this show without you on it. You weren't just a part of the show, you were the show.

ELLEN PARKS

Josh or jake should have literally let go on his ass, Josh or Jake how could you let some bad mouth your dad? POOR CAPTAIN PHIL' Both of you did NOTHING!!!!! wHAT DOES THAT SAY ABOUT EITHER OF YOU LOVE YOU GUY'S MURRAY, STEVE OR FREDDIE WOULD HAVE DECKED HIM

Barb

I don't like the new captain at all. He hasn't turned a profit when it comes to the crab fishing as of yet, and he is just an ******* to everyone on the ship. He needs to go. Josh should have been captain of the ship, because despite what the new captain said I think Phil trained his boys on how to operate a successful ship.

Marcel Garrubba Sr

Get rid of that captain Derrick Ray he is using the brothers, he took them to bad crab catchibng grounds, Remember when the team loses they get rid of the captain not the players!!!

blindseven

cant believe that punk so called captain says he will hold his head high after only 21000lbs in 8days? And getting so bent about failing that he snitched on a 24yr old kid. what a homo

J.J. Wright

Sleep deprivation causes people to say things they regret later and leads to real drama, just as a major Alaskan storm causes tension and adrenaline. I'm sure the guy regretted his harsh words.

I just read a great Kindle book about an ex-crab fisherman who finds treasure on his Aleutian Island. It's called The Golden Catch by Roger Weston.

michaelh

that dude derrick is the biggest Di#k ive ever seen.what a selfish arogant pr#ck.i hope u read this derrick ,U SU#K.

CAROL

THIS CAPTAIN NEEDS TO GO,,, AS IF JOSH AND JAKE HAVE NOT GONE THROUGH ENOUGH,, YOU GET A JERK AND UNCARING MAN LIKE THAT,,, I WOULD LOVE TO SEE THE OTHER CAPTAINS TAKE CARE OF HIM AND SET HIM STRAIGHT,, UNTIL I KNOW THAT JERK IS OFF THE CM,, I WILL NOT WATCH THE SHOW.......

Angel

That JERK Derrick Ray is got no respect. I love watching Deadliest Catch. Hope Josh and Jake would comeback next season without the Jerk. He doesn't know where to fine the crabs, he knows his not a good captain.I hope for the best with the Harris boys! I hope Josh and Jake would show that STUPID JERK they can stand on their on two feet.Ego maniac captain. God bless you Harris boys!!

jim

I AM A FISHERMAN, i would not go to the beach with this guy,much less to far out to sea. His captains may be intact , but no boat owner would in his right mind would hire this baby moron.