Katie Couric Has NOT Made CBS Exit Deal

4/4/2011 12:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Katie Couric has not officially quit CBS, but nonetheless network sources tell us it's a virtual certainty that she will be leaving.

Katie Couric

Sources connected with Couric tell us ... Katie has no hard feelings toward CBS and may end up staying at the network, but feels her role as anchor of the CBS Evening News has been way too confining.

We're told Couric is most interested in doing a syndicated show -- probably a talk show -- but wants to end up somewhere that has a news operation where she can contribute.  Sources say she's in serious talks with CBS, NBC and CNN.  Her reps are talking to ABC, but that's a long shot.

Katie's exit from CBS Evening News is "not 100%" but it's just a matter of time before Katie announces her departure -- sources say it will come in the next few weeks.

Katie's plan is to start a syndicated show in September, 2012.

As far as front-runners, a Katie source says there are none -- "Everything and everyone is in play."

Katie Couric Photos

paigehop

and Megan Kelly's extremely intelligent and very easy on the eyes. Seriously, best replacement option.

CutTheCrap

If she is not really quitting as of yet, why report on it? Why not wait till the two weeks from now to? You know I am starting to think Harvey's staff was straight up hired off the street.

Kathy

I thought she never should have left the Today Show. Never watched her at CBS. Sort of boring.

Weasel

Action

Smarter Human

ANYone from FAUXNews would NOT be a good replacement because they are not journalists. They are dolled up mouth pieces. Good for nothing, except perhaps on their knees.

Puckett

@ Gene Hardin, she does work for the Democratic Party. They just don't pay her to do it. You know, kind of like FOX News does for the Republicans with their Fair and Balanced (TM) reporting.

It's all a bad joke anymore. They're all a bunch of parrots.

PhilipMarkum

*** I think Charlie Sheen should deliver the news every night. Give him $2 million dollars a week and hire him - WINNING! ***

Puckett

"I often wondered how long she would be a viable asset to any program other than "looney tunes". She has been a waste of good air time on any station. If you note, the folks a "FOX" did not jump in with an offer!!!!!

Posted at 10:37 AM on Apr 4, 2011 by Action"

That couldn't possibly have anything to do with Katie being a flaming Liberal and FOX being right wing alarmists... they would be a perfect fit, right? /sarcasm

Go watch Glenn Beck...

PhilipMarkum

*** #60.... "Weasel" - that was hilarious so I have to quote it again: "What an unflattering photo of Couric. Last time I saw a gaping mouth like that it was trying leaning across a split rail fence, trying to eat an apple slice out of my hand." You should Twitter that! ***

Shread

She is horrible and seems to be the sneaky backstabber type. I bet she was the creep in school who would polish the teachers apple and snitch on other kids.
Just vile! Go away!

Puckett

Oh and Action, politics aside FOX would never hire her for the simple fact that she looks old enough to be the matronly grandmother of those blonde bimbo talking heads that they hire. Not that FOX would ever admit that...

Michael

Don't worry guys, nobody is going to hire her. I don't even think she can find a nitch on local Cable, with 400 channels.

Well, unless it's a reality show about an ex-tv host who blew her way to the news anchor position at a major network.

Cujeaux

Her weird shaped eyes are so distracting that I can't focus on what she's saying. When she was on the Today Show it was hard to decide who was the most unbearable between her, Bryant and that geriatric weatherman. She's WAY overvalued and overpaid. Her talk show will fail, just like Byrant's 'Public Brown Eye.'

MariJoy

I am not a regular TV watcher, that being said,
the only thing I vividly recall about this woman was reading an expose' about how she did a NUMBER on her husband while he was dying of colo-rectal cancer (putting HER career first, ignored him & never there for him in any meaningful way), then she EXPLOITED his death for her own ratings on whatever news show she was on by staging a LIVE on-air colonoscopy!!

That's all I need to know about Ms Couric, she can't go away fast enough or far enough to suit me.