Bristol

HUGE Payday for

Teen Pregnancy Work

4/5/2011 3:47 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Bristol Palin BANKED more than $262 thousand in 2009, for her role as a spokesperson for a teen pregnancy prevention campaign.

0405_bristol_palin_tmz_bn
 The former "Dancing With The Stars" contestant became an ambassador for The Candie’s Foundation in 2009 when she was 18 ... just a few months after giving birth to her son, Tripp ... and according to tax documents, the job PAID OFF.

The foundation’s website says Bristol "plays an important role by helping other teens understand the incredible challenges teen parents face, and encouraging them to wait until they are socially and financially independent to start their families.”

According to the website, Bristol is still working for the organization.

Pat

The Candies Foundation tax form shows that they disbursed ONLY $35,000 in grants to actual teen pregnancy health and counseling clinics: $25,000 to the Mt. Sinai Adolescent Health Center and $10,000 to the National Campaign to Prevent Teen Pregnancy.
Thus, the nonprofit paid Bristol OVER SEVEN TIMES what it paid to teen pregnancy prevention groups. In addition, the Candie’s Foundation spent $165,000 on advertising, including that awful video ad with Bristol and “The Situation” of MTV’s Jersey Shore.
Whoever knew that being a griffin' HO (like Mommie) could pay so much?

jack

and I thought she was being charitable, I should have known! Isn't teenage pregnancy a redneck right of passage?

e33

YOu can thank all the ignorant baggers out there for feeding the pockets. Stupid is as stupid does.

Ann

I do not dislike Bristol or her family or wish them any ill. They just seem to be more interested in promoting self interest than the public interest, which I believe is a bit hypocritical for those who claim to be promoting the public interest.

While I appreciate that Bristol is not on welfare, it should be noted that if she did not have wealthy and/or famous parents, she would be on welfare, like so many teenage girls. I think that is the point that many people are trying to make.

always

Can't wait for Levi's tell all book should be some good inside dirt and the truth will come out on this family once and for all.

SNAFU

Well, I guess getting knocked up was good for her wasn't it.

e33

Teen abstinence? She didn't abstain. Why don't they get someone who is a virgin at 30 to speak? I think the mother has something to do with this. Oh yea, and dumb people in America

camaguey

Was her campaign as ambassador for the Candie's Foundation that all teen girls gain tremendous weight like she did so that they would be unattractive and not get impregnated?

lincoel

I have no problem with Briston receiving a paycheck. I have a problem with the Candies Foundation paying her 260...,000 when it only spent 35,000 on actual programming to prevent teen pregnancy. Based upon the foundation's filing, it seems to me that the foundation is nothing more than a PR effort to boost the Candies brand.

anonymous

I'm am happy she isn't on welfare as well. I just feel she is not a good role model or someone young teens and adults can relate to. IF Bristol wanted to be a real role model she would do those speaking gigs for free (maybe BASIC travel expenses paid for) and go to school part time or online and get her degree. Not writing so called Memoirs or going on Dancing with the Stars or doing her Mommy's Reality Show. This girl making almost ONE million dollars and upwards of $20,000 per speaking occasion and getting paid over $250k from one organization that barely gives $50,000 to the causes she is supposedly representing is really bad.

KateMae

262 thou for doing what?

danster

Congrats to a working teenager, we need more of these tax paying citzens. Think about the ability to make a living instead of sitting aroud fussing about what isn't right and knocking other people success. Get a job , get over your juvenile jealously, and get off the entitlement payrolls. I think her son will be very proud of how the family has accepted the responsibilty. I doubt Bristols son will end up on some fedral aid program and sitting around surfing the web and fussing about what ain't right.....

mayagibson

Kudos to her, I applaud her for choosing life over abortion. Despite the public scrutiny for being Palin's daughter and engaging in premarital sex, she remains strong and found ways to turn her life around. For that she is a role model. Being a single young mother is tough and I don't find anything wrong with her being paid 262K/yr for being a speaker - in the end it will help support her child's financial needs.

grannyj

Does this bimbo even have a high school diploma. When she finally gets her GED, she'll financially outpace (what am I saying) what a full professor with a PHD earns. Someway to run a country.

T. Bag Jones

I love it. She gets knocked up as a teen and is now the poster child for abstinence. Really? Is she the best we could get? I hope she takes her kid on tour with her and puts him in a t-shirt that says "HUGE MISTAKE".