Maksim

DROPS Kirstie Alley on 'Dancing'

4/5/2011 9:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Yep ... it happened.
040511_2fab_dwts_still

Kirstie Alley had to pick herself up off the ground last night after Maksim Chmerkovskiy suffered a "charlie horse" type pain that made his leg give out.

Kirstie eventually forgave Maksim -- tweeting after the show, "I salute u... U r a gladiator .... A champion... I'm honored to be your partner."

lorree

Truth............Brandy threw Maks under the bus on the second or third show, she was horrible and thought she was wonderful and going to win, well I had voted for her every way that I could, until she said that about Maks to the judges, that did it for me. I am so happy she got beat, but it had nothing to do with Maks. Maks does his job very, very well!!

EricaJxx

LTBK:
Ahhhhhh ha ha ha ha haaaa!!!! You're so stupid. You're probably just as fat and ugly as she is or you wouldn't have let me get to you so much. That comment of yours literally made me laugh out loud :-) It really was awesome, it really was! I appreciate so much you taking time out of your day to tell me how horrible I am. Idiot.

Jennifer

Oh TMZ, why insinuate that Kirstie was ever upset with Maks? She was immediately concerned and surprised when he indicated that they would continue. They came back and had an awesome dance last night!

JulieN AZ

The look on his face is PAIN. They should never have planned any kind of lifting of a woman who probably outweighs him!

sotiredofthis

BRAVO! ala Charlie Sheen. Doesn't anyone else see this for what it is? S-T-A-G-E-D. My brother-in-law, who doesn't even have a f****** TV was talking about it this a.m. Maxim on the morning shows. Great thinking guys -- ABC/Kirstie/Max/Somebody. Don't feel sorry for Kirstie Alley people. Had a reality show called FAT ACTRESS - she isn't low on self esteem - she KNOWS how to manipulate. Max isn't a wimp in that arena either. Great TV guys. Bet the episode tonight will be THE best rated EVER.

Jennifer

@ Bravo..They have an ex-stripper/Playboy on the show and you think they would use Kirstie as a ratings booster? LMBO! A Kendra wardrobe malfunction would draw in more viewers if that was the intent! I'm a Kirstie fan yes, but there's no way one can convince me this was staged.

pyrochick

Well, in case none of you noticed, look closely under her dress, not only is it a smaller dress, the woman is losing weight! Yes, it is still a bit of a struggle for Maks, but he has no doubt worked with more people besides Kirstie who weigh more than 98 lbs. Sh-t happens! He obviously got a Charlie Horse or just twisted his leg wrong by accident. I think they were both very professional to get back up and going again so gracefully even though it was obvious he was still in pain. At least she doesnt' faint on purpose like Marie Osmond. Good job for losing weight Kirstie! Keep it up. Take it easy Maks! You guys are gonna win!

Vernon P. Alarcon

MAKESUM IS A WIMP! He's supposed to be a professional. Good thing he's not an airline pilot or a surgeon. Man up boi and do your job....

Bondo

Gladiator? More like a weight lifter, if he's got to dance with that rhino.

Patti

If I understand correctly, the professional dancer is the one who choreographs the dance. If Maks wasn't up to doing this move, he shouldn't have put the move in the dance. Didn't they practice this dance?

Bunny

I knew when this happened that the fat jokes would come out, especially from late night talk ho's who aren't in the least bit funny, especially fetterman and side kick bald dude, don't know his name.

Uffda

Ok, all you PERFECT individuals, professional dancers (conclusion based upon the extreme authority of your comments) commenting here about Kirstie's weight, that it was her fault for the fall due her weight, etc; 1) Yes, Kirstie is heavy; she is the first to admit it, give her credit for her respectable dancing and trying to lose weight through this venue as other celebs have done. Anyone who has EVER had a want to lose weight knows that it is hard. And before you all start attacking me for my comment - I weigh 105 pounds and never have been over 110 pounds max. 2) Unless you are a professional dancer do not sit there on you ivory throne and think you know how this fall occurred. As a professional dancer, I could see that Max's thigh muscle was showing weakness before the fall. Max is a professional dancer he would not have added the routine to his choreography had he felt Kirstie's weight was an issue which would result an injury to him. Take the man at his word when he said that fall was his fault and not Kirstie. We all who have been watchers of DWTS know that Max would say so if it was different for he has done so in the past. Those who live in glass houses should not throw stones.

Hanging to da lef

Time to bring back that old 70's song, " I ain't going to dance no more with no big fat woman!"

sotiredofthis

Dollar to a doughnut there WILL be a wardrobe malfuncion this season!

assmouth