Maksim

DROPS Kirstie Alley on 'Dancing'

4/5/2011 9:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Yep ... it happened.
040511_2fab_dwts_still

Kirstie Alley had to pick herself up off the ground last night after Maksim Chmerkovskiy suffered a "charlie horse" type pain that made his leg give out.

Kirstie eventually forgave Maksim -- tweeting after the show, "I salute u... U r a gladiator .... A champion... I'm honored to be your partner."

Hate BB This Year

WTG WTG WTG WTG WTG WTG WTG WTG WTG WTG WTG WTG WTG WTG WTG WTG
MAKS AND KRISTI, SO WHAT HE WAS RUDE TO BRANDI SHE DESERVED ALOT OF IT AND YOU COULD TELL HE WAS NOT HAPPY DANCING WITH HER, BUT HE IS HAVING A GREAT TIME WITH KRISTI MORE POWER TO THEM BOTH, I HOPE THEY WIN.......SHE IS SHOWING LOTS OF CLASS

SusanInFlorida

@ericajxx: Oh you are really gonna be in for a shock when you get older and you gain weight just by breathing! Kirstie did not cause his fall. He sustained a severe leg cramp which happens quite frequently with dancers. Get over yourself, Erica, and just keep your mouth shut if you have nothing nice to say.

Shelly Smith

I agree with comment 14, "As soon as this happened, I knew people were going to start cracking jokes about her weight". I thought the same exact thing when I watched DWS last night. What a shame that people are so mean! I am also wondering if George Lopez is going to "misjudge a joke" again.

Erica

Geez....she's giant. I can't believe it didn't happen sooner.We're pointing out her weight b/c we are being realistic. She is a big ole gal and if anything it's selfish of her to expect him to drag her big @$$ around the stage week after week. As for me thinking I am perfect, yeah I do think I am perfect. I know I am in the weight dept. at least. I'm sorry, I don't feel sorry for fatties, not in the least. quit eating so damn much, take the stair every once in a while and maybe people won't point out the obvious.

gloria

Why are people so rude? It takes all kinds of people to make this world of ours and I guess it take rude people to. But I think she is a beautiful woman. She knows how to handle herself and make the best of any situation. I had a gastric bypass a couple years ago and I dare saY I am probably about her size now. I feel as light as a feather on my feet now. And although still whatt people consider overweight, I am me and I like me and I feel great. And I think the rude comments about her are awful, I wonder what some of those people look like.

Rob

Trying to toss around that horse gave him a charlie horse...

LMG

I have watched DWTS since it began, and there have been other falls, but I could genuinely tell that Max was in pain. They went on to complete their dance and did well. For all idiots that are posting their little stupid remarks....please look in the mirror. The ugliest parts of your body are your brain and your mouth. Glad I don't know you.

laura

Maksim didn't drop her, her large body fell on him and injured him..let's be real here. Taking on a heavy woman like that in ballroom dancing is dangerous as you can see!

messenger69

Looks to me like Maks was just trying to get a QUICKIE on national television. I dont blame him Kristie hot Fatty!

Kiki

you all should leave Kristi alone, all you haterz, i'm sure Max practiced that routine with her alot, but then he dropped her and all you guys end up doing is calling her fat, guess what all you will do is hate her while she makes her money and have a good life, everyone speaks against bullies, but guess what making fun of someone's weight is bulling, calling them names. people really need to get over themselves, but then opinion is like a *******, everyone has one.
people who make fun of others really do have deep issues they need to deal with.

Jimmie

I don't think people realize how hard it is and how much effort it takes to be able to dance. I think Maks is wonderful and Kristie looks as if she is putting her all out there. I personally think they are doing a wonderful job and I can actually see them being in the finals. So for all of you out there that have negative comments, until you have danced in their shoes you need to think before you speak up.

rwgun

Maks may have to support Kirstie in some of the holds, but she holds her own in the rest of the dancing. She is one of the few "stars" that seem to know what the steps are and does them, instead of pausing, waiting for a clue from the professional as to what to do next.

Kirstie admits to having self-esteem issues and she obviously has worked hard to overcome them in the moment. She easily could have used Maks' injury as an excuse to stop the dance and she didn't.

While she and I both know she will be happier with less weight, I also am amazed that she is showing that a larger woman can be sexy. As with so many things in life, attitude makes the difference. She displays a confidence on the dance floor that I find extremely attractive and yes, sexy!

Jackandash

Jennie Garth fell the year she danced when Derek accidentally stepped on her dress. It happens. Kirstie and Maks got back up and did their thing and handled the aftermath with grace. Class act both of them.

TMZgossip

thank gawd he didn't bleed...

she'd have thought it was ketchup and bitten into him

MusicMaven

Whoa...Guess he didn't 'eat his Wheaties'!