Lindsay -- Closing In On Deal for New Gotti Flick

4/7/2011 10:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Lindsay Lohan's on the verge of signing her first big contract out of rehab -- in fact, we're told the actress is in "final talks" to play John Gotti's daughter Victoria in the upcoming biopic about the mafioso's life.

0311_lindsay_EX

As we previously reported, John Travolta is currently hammering out a deal to play the bossman himself.

It's no small movie either -- according to sources, the budget so far is $75 million.

No word yet on what Lindsay would be getting paid -- but hey, a job's a job.

0811_lindsay_lohan_footer

lou

Don't believe this at all. The closer April 22 gets, the more "final talks" movie parts pop up. Anyone with half a brain and a 75 million budget would be a fool to cast Blohan in their movie. The problems and drama Lindsay and her family will cause on any movie set with her in it will eat up even a 75 million budget quickly!

Posted at 3:19 AM on Apr 7, 2011 by themare

Exactly. Extremely well put.

thomas

Who would want to see a movie with her in it? Besides she could well wind up in jail before the movie even gets started or be "a klutz" again and walk off with more jewelry by "accident".

Grandma Cracker

NICOLE, my apologies for referring to "anger" it is just that I get clumped into the "hater" category when I criticize LL about her anti sobriety behavior.

Nicole, please know, and this is the God's honest truth, sobriety is not an external thing. Well, gee, if I have this I won't drink anymore. I only drink because I don't have this or that in my life. Lindsay is facing serious charges and a trial. WHY IN THE WORLD WOULD SHE BE DRINKING ESPECIALLY NOW?

Nicole, her actions speak volumes.

AddieTrish

What does "Starring John Travolta" mean now-a-days anyway? Hes a far cry from Saturday Night Fever,Grease, and Pulp Fiction! Whats he been in as on late? A Love Song for Bobby Long (bomb), Roadhogs (bomb), Old Dogs (bomb)! BFD! He's over! Maybe, just MAYBE he will make a few more hits but lets face it that closeted crazy coot's ship has sailed!

lou

Morning, AddieTrish,

AddieTrish

Good morning rock my love!

Puckett

"So who is willing to hire her? Will their insurance cover this girl? She's a train wreck. Somehow I doubt a lot of this 'movie' stuff she's spouting.

Posted at 5:38 AM on Apr 7, 2011 by Ginger"

Despite all the silly talk about down on their luck actors being uninsurable, the truth is there isn't an actor in Hollywood that isn't insurable. It's simply a question of whether the insurance premium is worth it. They don't refuse to cover anyone. If you want to cast someone and get insurance you can, it's just a matter of deciding if the cost is worth it.

AddieTrish

Hey Lou, I'm beginning to think we are brain twins!

ilovegossip

imdb has John Travolta listed for this movie, but not one thing about Lindsay Lohan. Don't believe what you read here until it's announced by the studio.

AddieTrish

@Puckett just curious do you have insider info about the movie biz? You sure seem to know alot.

Puckett

"My opinion mirrors yours. Notice that the TMZ story carefully omits who the source of this little tale is. Interesting, that.

Posted at 6:01 AM on Apr 7, 2011 by lou"

And yet your tool enough to suck it up and feverishly write the production company that your going to boycott the film if Lindsay is in it. You're the definition of the word TOOL. How's it feel to be used on a daily basis? lol

Carvey

If she actually does get cast in this film I would bet a hundred bucks (hey, I work for a living so $100 is all I'm throwing in to the pot) that John Travolta successfully recruits Lindsay in to Scientology which will cause her annoyance factor to rise to heights unparalleled by even Tom Cruise.

AddieTrish

Posted at 6:04 AM on Apr 7, 2011 by ilovegossip
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Wahhhhhhhhh believe IMBD a reputable source over TMZ? NEVER!!!!

Truth

DESPITE ALL THE FAULTS OF VICTORIA GOTTI, NO WAY IN HELL SHE WANTS THIS WORSE LOSER IN LINDSAY LOHAN PLAY HER. THAT'S A TRAVESTY. PUT AN INJUNCTION IN THIS FLICK UNTIL THE PRODUCERS GUARANTEE LILO WONT BE ASSOCIATED WHATSOEVER. TRUTH!!!

lou

AddieTrish, John still may pull off a spectacular performance. The casting seems perfect.

And if it bombs, it won't bomb as spectacularly as if Lindsay were in it. I mean, what would she add, acting wise, to the film? A Machete-esque performance? Very underwhelming.

I can understand producers of low budget movies still cueing up for Lindsay's notoriety for their projects, but what on earth would Lindsay bring to the table for a real project?