« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

LeBron on Mom's Arrest -- It's A 'Sensitive Subject'

4/7/2011 5:28 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

LeBron James broke his silence after the Miami Heat's practice today -- calling his mother's arrest early this morning "a sensitive subject" ... and insisting it's "being taken care of."

0407_lebron_mom_BN_Getty

LeBron told reporters, “You have to move forward ... It is my life and there’s certain things you have to deal with. You try not to let it be a distraction. I have a job to do, still.”

He continued, “It’s very sensitive because it’s your mother. Of course to have an incident, it’s very sensitive. But the people around me are helping me."

As we previously reported, LeBron's mom was arrested this morning for allegedly assaulting a parking valet outside a Miami hotel. She was processed and released.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Donna

The bottom line is this, I commend Lebron for loving his mother as we are told in Gods greatest commandments, and he is not judging her but merely being the son he was brought up to be. Yes his mother could use some help, but no one knows how she became an alcoholic, no one knows what tragics this woman has suffered in her life therefore we must mind our own business and allow Lebron who is mentally and physically capable of handling his mother problem without the media help, it's already an embarrassment to him to have her business expose on national television. If you don't have anything good to say, then keep your mouth closed.

john johnson

last season around this time she got it on with a few of lebrons teamates, now, one year later she slapping valets. LEAVE THE ALCOHOL ALONE! MOVE AWAY FROM THE BAR! GET SOME HELP!!!!

TheMick

A waste of time to even comment on this waste of flesh.

Throwback kid

The woman is ghetto and uneducated. Come on TMZ, delete this post for the third time, get off your a-s-s already

brassring

Makes no differance what color you, If Your Trash, You're Trash......

annabelle k

i now find it my mission to find this chick and have her slap me....cuz i'll get PAID....and LeBron obviously wont give a crap....

masonbrammell

NC Kingz

aleximaq

Classy....this is why I love this guy.....purchase a minority stake in a British soccer team and making moves with the Red Sox marketing....great business man and stand up guy. Yes, moms has a drinking problem but instead of denying it he owns up to it, protects her and gets her the help she needs....I love this dude...

JB

Delonte West said shes a sensitive woman....

Jayde

Wow, I am surprised to see so many racist comments...what is that stemming from? Its not a black or white issue - its actually a personal family matter...if your mad because he is a black man and makes millions of dollars and your to busy spreading hate on TMZ...sucks to be you!

MaryEllen

If Lebron was smart he would have left his mother here in Akron. She is a loose cannon. I would not let her jeopardize my career or the safety of my children. She needs help in a Betty Ford kind of way. I have no respect for her and if she gets sued she deserves it. No one has a right to slap anyone.

Lewy

Trash begets trash.

padeeya

People should not slap anybody around, I think that is so rude!!! signed Chris Brown

NonRacist

Alan, you are a low life piece of trash that isn't worth the air that you breath. With your kind on this planet, it's no wonder why this planet will never be populated with anything but hate mongering bigots. You should be ashamed that your parents didn't have an abortion when they conceived you. All your morals must have run down your whore mothers leg that night. Tell her to stick to blow jobs.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4