« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

LeBron's Mother ARRESTED In Miami

4/7/2011 10:36 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

LeBron James' mom, Gloria James, was arrested in Miami Beach early this morning for allegedly assaulting a parking valet at the famous Fontainebleau Hotel ... this according to law enforcement.

LeBron James Mother

Hotel sources tell us ... Gloria was partying at LIV nightclub with some of her girlfriends earlier in the evening ... but when she tried to leave the hotel, she got into an altercation with one of the valet parking attendants.

We're told Gloria allegedly assaulted the valet. Cops received a call about the incident at 4:47 AM. Gloria was eventually arrested on suspicion of misdemeanor assault. The valet was not arrested.

We're told Gloria has been released from custody.

Gloria has been in trouble with the law before ... having been arrested in 2006 for DUI in Ohio.

LeBron was in Miami last night -- where the Heat played the Bucks ... and lost.

A rep for the hotel confirmed the incident ... but had no further comment.

0712_lebron_footer

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Titanium

I think he has enough money to make it go away.

Just Sayin

Violence resolves EVERYTHING!

Fan

A simple equation... If you can answer YES to both questions:

Is the person a celebrity or related to a celebrity?
Is it between the hours of 1am and 5am?

Then someone's going to jail. Heh.

Tamara H

Back off!!! This is the guys mother! I am all in about ragging on celebs but mothers should be off limits!

Mikey

Das how they do, keepin it real. LeBron's going nowhere in the playoffs, just got beat by a lame sub 500 team last night at home.

Jack

#5 Back off? How about f*ck off Tamara? Who made you the queen of the TMZ speech police?

Dave

They played the Bucks last night, not the Nets!

Tamara H

Oh Please Jack! Who are you! A Nobody who is angry! Go handle that loser!

janet

I will repeat myself again. MONEY DOES NOT EQUATE CLASS.

Gloria, should have kept her mouth shout and hands to herself.

who-me

Tamara is a turd and so is her mom.

SuzyQ

I guess he didn't have "cover up my mom's problems" in his contract with the Heat like he had in Ctown. Somethings never change and yes, LeBron, Karma is a B**ch but unfortunately she moved with you!

Smitty

She's too old to be acting like that. Seriously, have some class.

Tamara H

Let me tell you something Who-me! You dont ****ing know me so lets not go there! I dont like anyone talking about my mom! So you can play tough over the computer but if I were to EVER see you and you said that **** to me it would be over for you! And your name will be who is that!

Dobonacus