Pia After 'Idol' -- 'Everyone Was Sobbing'

4/8/2011 3:49 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Pia Toscano and the rest of the "American idol" finalists were a crying mess after the 22-year-old's shocking elimination last night -- sources connected with the show tell TMZ.

Pia Toscano American Idol
"Everyone was sobbing" after the show, says one of our "Idol" spies.  We're told Pia was probably the most popular contestant among the contestants, and, "They were totally bummed out she was leaving."

The contestants -- sans Pia -- showed up for the "Kiss Off Dinner" at a restaurant in L.A.  Pia made her entrance after everyone was seated  ... followed by tears, more tears, and then one of the producers put it in perspective to make it all better, saying, "The point of 'Idol' is to launch careers.  Pia, you're launched."

We're told Pia didn't check out of the "Idol" hotel last night, but she'll be out of there today.

UPDATE: Apparently, Pia ran out of tears, because earlier today she was seen out in L.A. with a big, fat smile on her face.

0408_pia_PCN

Previous 15 Comments | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15

JACK

most of these comments I don't know jugding by them sounds like alot of you are tone deaf Pia is awesome she's the best I've heard since Carrie Underwood.weather you buy her music or not she still will be a success GOD BLESS YOU PIA

JACK

PraoWolf all you need is a at&t plan that has unlimited text it's already paid for,& you can text unlimited ,plus 50 times online,nothing fair about that kind of vote for anybody,my gf's daughter has unlimited text through sprint cost me 15 a month,I didn't want a surprize bill so that's why she got it,but to vote unlimited for 2hrs isn't fair plus 50 online again for any contestant

chartman

pis america does not think you are an idol sweetheart. you really are not a lasting good singer. frankly i'm sick of you already. i sure won't be buying any of your cd's.

georges

Her musical interpretation is trite and she has no grip on melody. Her voice is tremendous and she looks great, but I would never buy anything she sings. She tried to pull off a Tina Turner song which required way more artistic talent than she ever dreamt about to ever be able to follow the song.
May I suggest you a link very usefull for design/redesign websites or other web service...just look at this site below and recomand forward ..maybe is enyone interested for a website or grapfics.Look here: http://webdesignprofesional.com is for business.

Veggiesaurus

Sorry America, but ya'll hypocrites. I must chuckle to myself how America is shocked and upset that Pia was voted off, but guess what?; That is exactly what happened when you don't ****ing vote. If you don't want to see your favorites go home, vote for them. If you do not vote, you have no right to get upset. I've always voted for my top three, every week. Those people are James, Scotty, and Casey. Needless to say, I had a damn right when Casey went home because I voted for him, and he shouldn't of gone. It's sickening that he was voted off, and that boring cow Lauren is somehow still there. Alas, I'll continue voting for James and Scotty because they're the best of the best. STFU about this, if you didn't vote, you've got no one but yourself to blame!

Previous 15 Comments | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15