Idol's 'Haunted' Mansion -- $12 Million Price Tag

4/9/2011 10:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Must be tough to rent out a giant mansion after several frightened "American Idol" contestants accuse the place of being haunted -- because TMZ has learned, the place is now up for sale ... for $12 million.

0408_idol_mansion_sale_launch_EX
The private gated 15,000 square foot home sits on a 2-acre compound -- and features a giant pool, one especially large room with a 28-foot ceiling ... basically marble everything ... and a "motor court" with enough room to park 100 CARS.

In other words, it's the perfect home for scary ghosts.

Louis

I think I might know why the mansion is haunted. You guys know what was there BEFORE the mansion was built?. Back in 1969, Charles Manson's "Family" killed Sharon Tate and several others in a house that occupied the SAME land/location 40+ years ago. That house was demolished around the mid-90's and they built the current mansion there. Since then, it's been hard to sell...I'm amazed it's even at $12 million now. Not sure I'd want to live or even rent there either.

BeachBoy

Isn't that the same house where MTV filmed A SHOT OF LOVE with Tila Tequila? Not that I ever watched the show, but that could also explain the evil spirits.

JACKIE

oh my god,its haunted when people start puttin ghost storeis to it,why dont people get it when you die you no nothing,dont even come back alive or even as ghost,Most past candidates thought its was haven of beauty,untill know.GET A LIFE AND SUPPORT OBAMA

BoyRocco

Looks like it's in the middle of friggin nowhere.

RJ Hunt

That sounds about right...A bunch of young kids willing to sell there souls living all under one roof...I guess if I were an evil spirit that's were I'd be hanging out...LOL!!!!

mija

There's no difference between trying to get renters or buyers to stay in this home. However, probably nobody will buy it until they get some sorry ghost hunters in there to give the clear. On those ghost shows like Ghost Hunters, their are people who call them because they cannot get business or sell because of a ghost legacy. The owner might as well give up.

MIDNIGHT TOKER

I am thinking about buying it

Marisa

Yeah, too bad that it leaks terribly when it rains....re-roof that SOB and I may buy it from you.

Darla

NOT the same location as the murders of Sharon Tate. Polanski/Tate residence was 100050 Cielo Drive. That house was torn down, but this is not the new house.
The Idol house is haunted because it's UGLY! And what's with the kiddie fence around a 12 mil dollar house?

tim

wasn't this the house that Josh Altman looked at on Million Dollar Listing and his client hated it.

Straight Talkin Texan

For that kind of money, I wouldn't buy that house. It lacks warmth and coziness.

Don

If they take bad checks and a promise to pay. I will take that house right now. Oh I need the butler to stay. I have a collection of hair pins I found on a subway. Maybe I can use them as a down payment? I will have to get me a segway just to make it to the fridge and back.

Muppet

Who's going to buy that house for 12 million when the roof leaks like a sieve??

likeomg

#1, "Louis" you are a fool. The place where the murders took place is now an Italian Villa on a cliff. Jeff Franklin (TV PRODUCER, FUll HOUSE) lives there!

Physical Graffiti

Not interested...I can only park 100 of my cars there, and 28 foot ceiling? Too low...minimum acceptable is 35 feet.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments