'The Wood' Star -- Emotional Prison Release Video

4/9/2011 7:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Actor De'aundre Bonds was released from prison last month after serving nearly 10 years behind bars for manslaughter -- and TMZ has emotional footage of his first moments of freedom.

0408_bonds_video_ex
In 2001, Bonds -- who had roles in films like "The Wood," "Get on the Bus," and "Sunset Park" -- was convicted of manslaughter in the death of his aunt's boyfriend. He was finally released from Chuckawalla Valley State Prison on March 29, where his mom was there to pick him up.

Bonds tells TMZ he had a rough go of it in prison, but he's looking forward to getting his career back on track: "I am trying to get like Jamie Foxx, get that Oscar. Next up, you will hear De’aundre will get that Oscar."

Maybe take it one step at a time.

Fuck Celebrities

TMZ, you are really digging for stories... a murderer getting out of prison who was in movies I've ever heard of.

How entertaining.

Angel

That was a nice video, Harvey, The man was probably beating up his Ant when he killed him,

of all they sh*tty news stories out everyday, this one was touching.

Wish him well!!! Start acting asap! Best of luck

ak

wellll how touching...too bad the man he killed won't have a touching reunion with his family. I bet they will appreciate seeing this. let's reward him and give him a movie and millions of dollars.. after all he does look so remorseful.. another great role model for America !

Celeb Gossip Addict

I hope he stays on track and gets back to work. I'm definately a fan. Maybe he could really do the reality show Tiffany "New York" Pollard tried to do where we see his journey back into acting. He'd landed a role in Antwon Fisher just prior to the incident that led to his incarceration.

Celeb Gossip Addict

Grouch and AK

You don't know this man's story. While this situation was self inflicted because of alcohol abuse the victim was in the process of beating the crap out of him when he killed him.

MIDNIGHT TOKER

if he is out of prison why does it look like he wants to have sex with the other guy

Truth

JAMIE FOXX'S OSCAR? AND WHERE IS THAT DUDE TODAY?? EXACTLY... NOWHERE. LAST I HEARD DOING SOME STUPID AZZ RADIO SHOW GETTING LEVELED BY HOWARD STERN BOTH IN DISS AND IN RATINGS. HAVENT HEARD OF FOXX'S RADIO SHOW RECENTLY. BET THEY CANCELED THAT SHIET.

kcv

Wow, I remember him...had no idea he was in prison!
I looked up his history: no father, drug addict mother, started acting career playing a drug dealer, kept getting gangster roles, landed a role in Antoine Fisher; but got in an altercation with aunts boyfriend (supposedly he was the "non agressor") and ended up stabbing and killing him, the rest is history. He was a pretty good actor, I hope he has a productive and happy life going forward, and he finds a way to give back to his community in a positive way.

kcv

Wow, I remember him...had no idea he was in prison!

Boney Starks!

I certainly hope none of you have ever committed any crimes or done any dirt. You don't know the cir***stances under which the death happened, its from my understanding that he was defending his aunt.

But like many who hide behind the monitor on the internet, we talk crap about people without taking a step in the shoes or looking at it from another perspective.

De'Aundre paid his debt to society, he's a free man. Hopefully he never sees the inside of a prison again although all statistics are against him. I'm rooting for him. *cues 'The Wood' on Netflix*

Bob Dole

Apparently "truth" hasn't figured out what IMDB is.

Stiletto

That was "emotional"? He looks like a young Billy Dee Williams. I hope he gets that Oscar soon...after 10 years in prison, it will probably come in handy as a butt plug so he does not constantly crap on himself.

atlqt

Chaz, you are a racist **hole. You are certainly entitled to your opinion, but the last time I checked black people weren't the only ones committing crimes and this situation doesn't exactly fit the profile anyway. As the previous poster mentioned, this was a case of defense. It was an unfortunate situation that I'm sure he regrets. Furthermore, your comment, "He's black. That information goes without saying" is completely and utterly ignorant and totally disgusting. All black people do not come from broken home or such harsh conditions the same way all whites are not mean-spirited, racists like you. Luckily there is one bright spot in all of this, you and the rest if your hate-filled kind are a dying breed. I just wish there was a way to speed up the process. Kick rocks.

Lisha

Chaz you sound retarded 100% stupid!! Species?? to classify a group of people who are just as good as you is piggish. Let me guess you're white right. It figures, none of his facts were excuses they were FACTS!! and while we're on facts its NOT BLACK PEOPLE who eat people, kill their parents, have sex with children with no reguard to their own, or go around killing people for fun (statistic for a serial killer is a white male in his thirties!!) This was about one man who has paid his dept no matter what is was and is looking forward to moving on! Not about race. Stupidity!!

Mona

All the negative ass holes need to get a LIFE and stop worring about the next man's life.... Your opinion's dont matter he will still do his thing... De'aundre is going to shine.....

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments