Trump Rips Bill Cosby -- He's a Two-Faced Phony!

4/11/2011 4:08 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Donald Trump is firing back at Bill Cosby after the comedian blasted the billionaire on "The Today Show" last week -- claiming Bill's nothing more than an underhanded backstabber.

0411_trump_bill_BN_TMZ

It's all over a statement Bill made on "The Today Show," claiming the Donald should either "run or shut up" -- referring to Trump's ambiguous stance on running for President in 2012.

Trump -- who can't publicly declare his candidacy until "Celebrity Apprentice" is over -- returned fire today in a statement, claiming, "While I have never been a fan of Cosby’s, I had always assumed he liked or respected me because every time I met him ... he was always so nice."

Trumps adds, "If [Bill] doesn’t want me to run because he’s obviously an Obama fan, he should state the reasons and not ... treat me like his best friend, only to denigrate me when I’m not around."

Check out Trump's full statement after the jump.

The Donald's Statement

April 11, 2011

The other day on The Today Show, right after I was interviewed by Meredith Vieira, a terrific person and reporter, I happened to watch Bill Cosby who was on at the end of the show. While I have never been a fan of Cosby’s, I had always assumed he liked or respected me because every time I met him—the last time at the David Letterman show where I preceded him as a guest—he was always so nice, saying “let’s get together”—asking me out to dinner, and being polite to the point of offering to buy me a suit because he has a “great tailor.”

In any event, as I watched the show, the subject of Donald Trump came up.  I was surprised to hear him blabber, somewhat incoherently “you run or shut up.” The hatred was pouring out of his eyes when he said this. As I am sure he must know I cannot run until this season of Celebrity Apprentice ends. I know that he has taken a lot of heat over the years  in that he seems to be talking down to the people he’s talking to and purportedly trying to help. Actually, based on the way he acted, things are not looking too good for Cosby.

I wish he would be more honest, and if he doesn’t want me to run because he’s obviously an Obama fan, he should state the reasons and not come into my “green room” in front of numerous witnesses and treat me like his best friend, only to denigrate me when I’m not around. Sadly, he got more attention talking about me than he did on the merits of his own appearance—maybe he is not as dumb as I thought.

Liss

Wow. Trump is a complete a-hole. There goes any chance of me or my family voting for him.

#1sexybeast

TRUMP HAS THE SHORT PENIS MAN SYNDROME, THAT IS WHY HE IS SOOOOOO DEFENSIVE. IF THAT IS HOW HE PLAYS POLITICS I PRAY HE NEVER ENTERS OFFICE. HE NEEDS TO GROW A SPINE. WHATTA DOUCHE BAG.

spitt

f--- donald chump he gets no votes from here!!!!

Julie Campbell

Bill Cosby is soooooo ugly!!! UGH that nose and those beady eyes. He has bought his way out of so many sexual harrassment suits. Can you imagine someone that ugly making a pass at you? P U K E

ggsophie

Trump for president. The left again are running scared and now it's there job to criticize. Cosby used to talk like a republican until Odumbo got in office. It's obvious it's because he's black.

Adria

Trump needs to just run his businesses and stop trying to be a celebrity. The only thing he's talented at is making money. So back the f* off Mr. Cosby before you get jacked up. He was asked a question by Meridith and he answered it honestly. I watched from home and it's as if he read my thoughts.
And I doubt he treated you 'like a best friend'. The man hardly knows you. Trump takes it as a personal attack anyone doesn't kiss his a*. I gather he's attacked OFTEN. He gives a visual of the saying 'tight lipped'. Now, I also watched the interview with Meredith where he went after Rosie [again] in his usual playground battling style. 'She started it...and I finished it. And she was sorry she started it.' He reminds me of Biff in Back to the Future. It's ridiculous to consider him to represent this country and Mr. Cosby said it. Period.

Romia78

my mother who's now 61 and my sister who has two degrees was unemployeed at the time Obama took office. He extended unemployement like he promised. He brought our troops home like he promised. He put the tax breaks in our paychecks like he promised. And contrary to what everybody groaned about, the auto bailout participants have already if not completely repaid their loans. The minute the mid-term elections took place and the house and senate split, the GOP got Hard they couldn't wait to revoke the unemployment extension. Thankfully my sister was rehired just as this took place but it's not the same outcome for my mother.

Those who wanna back Trumps ignorant behind up with that UnAmerican statement: don't you think this would have all came to light while he was in the Senate? Let's say it escaped their view. Don't you think it would have came to light as he put in his bid for presidency? Do you all believe what others tell you and don't have a mind of your own to think for yourselves?

Cosby has done more in education, humanitarian efforts and not once bragged or boast about any of it. After over 50 years in the business, putting several thousands of other people's children through school but also being a victim of senseless violence with the murder of his son, Cosby should be able to voice his opinion and say whatever the heck he wants to. Just because you're not rude in someone's face don't make you a friend. That's Trump's arognant wispy haired behind for thinking otherwise.

Ya'll want to keep backing Bush halfed azz attempt at continuing to make the rich richer, then go ahead. Vote for Trump. Until we get regulations on how many terms these stubborn horses patoots in the House and Senate can stay, we'll never get anywhere i.e. Nancy Palosky, she's been there forever!

Debra

Donald Trump is a very sad person. He's mad at Bill Cosby, because he said "run or shut up"???? So, if Bill cosby was a white man would he have said all that. Donald is making this into a race issue. I really thought things were getting better as far as race relations, but things really have not changed.

Well, I just learned something, becasue you have money does not make you too smart, it just means you can live your dreams whatever they may be (running for president).

ElisabethIsDisgusting

TEAM COSBY!!!

There is no chance in HELL Trump will ever be President! He can't take the heat!

toya

trump betta watch out people r going to start to think hes a racist and then his chances r all out the window get it together trump

jason

Trump represents 70% of all white Americans, so looks like we are getting another Bush in another year... With him as Prez and PALIN AS VICE PREZ, wow we would have so MUCH Stupidity, FOX NEWS would start a new reality show and more then half of you rednecks on here would be the suckers to vote for them.. Why because you hate minorities so much most of you would vote for them just because you know you are smarter then the 2 of them..
TRUMP is an Idiot TO THE 5TH POWER and if you agree with him you know what that makes you... SUCKERS

Rikki Todd

Is Trump new or does he just have amnesia? When you see someone on the set of a television show, weather you are a guest or just working there, one exchanges pleasantries and light conversation as a rule of thumb. That's all. I find it extremely egocentric, presumptuous, and peculiar for someone to assume that a person is a fan or has an individual's respect just because they say "Hi, how are you?" and exchange a few pleasantries while waiting for their interview. It's similar to waiting in the lobby at the dentist's office. It is never meant to get too deep. Having met both Cosby(he's my Mom's neighbor in Shelbourne, MA) and Trump(My helicopter, SkyFOX used to be parked next to his Agusta at the south hangar at Teterboro Airport in Jersey), I seriously doubt that Mr.Cosby acted like he was Mr. Trump's "best friend" in the Green Room. That is most assuredly a gross exaggeration. However, since Donald is in the limelight and is ever the showman, especially with all of the media buzz over all of the speculation about his possible pending campaign...you get the picture :) Mr. Cosby on the other hand is in the twilight of his career and his life. So,that being said, I doubt that he has as much of an agenda as Donald. He merely voiced an opinion which Donald found threatening. Hence the reactive response to what Donald found as an objectionable statement from a venerable and well respected celebrity. Not a fan of Bill Cosby? Maybe not, but Dr. Huxtable's popularity far outweighed Trumps for over the past 4 decades. From I Spy with Robert Culpp, to the Bill Cosby show, to all of the Bill Cosby holiday specials, and the New Bill Cosby Show, his books, records, his highly successful comedy tours, Films, and his extensive philanthropy Bill Cosby's body of work speaks for itself. Sorry to say, Donald Trump is still playing catch up. He is not as trusted a household name as Bill Cosby...and he knows it. So what do you do? Sling some mud and grand stand. Bill Cosby made his fortune all by himself on his own dime. I do believe that Donald Trump, like Michael Dell, had a little help from daddy to the tune of almost a half a million dollars when he started out. Hell, how could he lose? Nothing but the facts, Ma'am ;)

Reginald dumornay

Come on n.o lady you cannot be tha dumb and ignorant, Donald for president at least he has your vote.

Debra

Donald Trump is a very sad person. He's mad at Bill Cosby, because he said "run or shut up"???? So, if Bill Cosby was a white man would (The Donald)he be so angry? Donald is making this into a race issue and making himself look silly. I really thought things were getting better as far as race relations, but things really have not changed. The media is talking about the Donald to, because he wants to be in the kitchen, but he can't deal with the heat.
For those of you that do not like President Obama, it's okay just don't vote for him. You really need to pick up a paper and do some research and find out the truth about the mess that man had to clean up behind the past president. I just don't understand where you people were living on an island. If you don't like the man because, he's black that is on you too, but het your facts together. We really need God right now, some of you people are really sick and very racist. The things that I have read, really breaks my heart. The man just said "run or shut up", and it went from that to black people are racist, the president is not an American (birth certificate is public knowledge), you hate Bill Cosby because he said what he felt. People this is your First Amendment Right (Freedom of Speech).
Well, I just learned something, because you have money does not make you so smart, it just means you can live your dreams and throw money away (running for president).

Ivan Bial

For Trump top call Bill Cosby a Two-Faced Phony is the acting like a a Two-Faced Phony.

Trump is the number one two face phony in this country