Trump Rips Bill Cosby -- He's a Two-Faced Phony!

4/11/2011 4:08 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Donald Trump is firing back at Bill Cosby after the comedian blasted the billionaire on "The Today Show" last week -- claiming Bill's nothing more than an underhanded backstabber.

0411_trump_bill_BN_TMZ

It's all over a statement Bill made on "The Today Show," claiming the Donald should either "run or shut up" -- referring to Trump's ambiguous stance on running for President in 2012.

Trump -- who can't publicly declare his candidacy until "Celebrity Apprentice" is over -- returned fire today in a statement, claiming, "While I have never been a fan of Cosby’s, I had always assumed he liked or respected me because every time I met him ... he was always so nice."

Trumps adds, "If [Bill] doesn’t want me to run because he’s obviously an Obama fan, he should state the reasons and not ... treat me like his best friend, only to denigrate me when I’m not around."

Check out Trump's full statement after the jump.

The Donald's Statement

April 11, 2011

The other day on The Today Show, right after I was interviewed by Meredith Vieira, a terrific person and reporter, I happened to watch Bill Cosby who was on at the end of the show. While I have never been a fan of Cosby’s, I had always assumed he liked or respected me because every time I met him—the last time at the David Letterman show where I preceded him as a guest—he was always so nice, saying “let’s get together”—asking me out to dinner, and being polite to the point of offering to buy me a suit because he has a “great tailor.”

In any event, as I watched the show, the subject of Donald Trump came up.  I was surprised to hear him blabber, somewhat incoherently “you run or shut up.” The hatred was pouring out of his eyes when he said this. As I am sure he must know I cannot run until this season of Celebrity Apprentice ends. I know that he has taken a lot of heat over the years  in that he seems to be talking down to the people he’s talking to and purportedly trying to help. Actually, based on the way he acted, things are not looking too good for Cosby.

I wish he would be more honest, and if he doesn’t want me to run because he’s obviously an Obama fan, he should state the reasons and not come into my “green room” in front of numerous witnesses and treat me like his best friend, only to denigrate me when I’m not around. Sadly, he got more attention talking about me than he did on the merits of his own appearance—maybe he is not as dumb as I thought.

LolaFalana

mike

ah.springtime in New York...........topper.............

Jay Singer

OMG: You have to look hard to see that what Trump said is evidence of his covert racism against Cosby and President Obama. He said that Cosby was obviously a fan of "Obama" (notice he didn't credit him with being the President of the United States). What Bill Cosby said was that Trump was "running his mouth" and if he was serious about running for the office of President of the U.S. he should just do it. What kind of candidate puts his t.v. show as a priority over the American people, their safety, their needs, and their welfare?

karen

GO DONALD TRUMP! YOU WILL HAVE MY VOTE!

vincenzo

"W: Bush ??is the most putrid president ever. ! What else can you expect from this miserable carpetbagger whose family made their bones in the '30's from doing business with the Nazi party

true independent

The worst president in the United States are you f^%$# serious
we gave this man the keys to a burning house created by red neck policies and call him a socialist when he spent billions to save capitalism. No my SIMPLISTIC friend George Bush carries that title. Donald Trump Is an egotistical buffoon that does not have any presidential qualities being a loudmouth
camera whore does not go over very well with the American public he can take that horse ****
Speech to fix news.

Conservatives are Cowards

Donald Trump is a joke, as is anyone who supports him. He's a perpetual failure who has maintained the image of success by manipulating the bankruptcy code and costing taxpayers and his creditors money.

But I see that the racist mouth breathers that are TMZ posters are in support of this loser. Good bunch of ignorant wage slaves you all are. Before blaming Obama for the country's problems, look in the mirror and assign blame where it truly belong: the stupid people of America (which are well represented on this site).

The people who post on this site are such losers it's not even funny anymore.

Grace Richardson

I also watched the Today show when this happened. Mr. Cosby also said, all Trump can run is his mouth. Not very kind words, Mr. Cosby.

Alyssa

Yayy Mr.Trump, Boo loser Cosbyy he can't even afford to buy his own dam starbucks and made some random chauffeur(my father) buy it for him not even bothering to pay. I think he is a two faced loser who should have never been on the spot light. I even watched his performance and he was so lame a whole bunch of old dumb jokes.

Amused

Donald Trump could never be elected president. He's a business man and a entertainer. Anyone who takes him seriously is naive or just not very bright. So sad. Ignorance is not bliss.

Linda

I'm so surprised Trump let Cosby bother him so bad. What's he going to do when they attack him and his family worse and they will.(Is it the right wing) who personally goes after these guys. I'm voting obama all the way. When the crap hits the fan, who is trump calling wallstreet. Obama knows everybody personally, Trump has enemies, plus knowbody is going to trust him Maybe he can get gas. This country needs alot more than that to make it.Trump proved in his reactions with Mr.Cosby,he doesn't take anyattacks bad. Can you see obama doing this NO!!!! Mr. Obama all the way. He has a great head on his shoulders. plus he did a wonderful job on his last term. I want him back.

ELM

I just laugh when I read all the comments on how Bush was the worst President etc..Talk about the extreme ignorance out there!I bet if you were asked a bunch of past history/economic etc questions, you would bomb them all.It's so old and repetative.."clean up Bush's mess" blah blah.At what point will you all stop blaming EVERYTHING on Bush and allow our poor excuse for a President to take responsibility for his own actions/agenda? Pure and simple,he was voted in because he was black and because people wew suffering from the "anybody but Bush syndrome".What actual experience did he have?...oh ya..a "community organizer"....so Impressive.So he speaks well,likes to portray himself as cool by playing some basketball and drinking beer at the white house! Even the polls (from both sides) indicate that there is a growing # of Obama voters who are dissapointed with him as President.People laugh at the others who are persuing his birth certificate issue...why?,what is everyons so afraid of? We have laws in our country that specifically dictate the criteria for becoming President.Tell me why he has spent thousands of dollars protecting his BC information?Why his grandmother said he was born in Kenya and then recanted?...interesting.If he went to college in the states, why has no one come forward with the fact that they remember him or produce a photo etc?...are you all just that stupid? or are you willing to push all to the side because he is OBAMA! Don't many of his ties to the wrong people (Ayers etc.)bother you just a little? Hilarious that all that many Obama supporters are so quick to sat it's a racial issue,please is that all your ignorant minds can come up with? What has he done positive to our country so far??

dennis mitchell

Donald Trump, you forget you had to put a chunk of your property under bankrupt protection...Some of us knows better "Mr.Chump" I mean Mr. Trump.. You talk all of this crap about being a great President if you decide to run for office..You're not worth a crap!! like the dead animal hair that is dying on top of your head...President Obama was already given an already economically battered and bruised America under the likes of the outgoing burning " Bush"..You freakin hypocrites kill me how you judge, crucify, and question Obama and his policies, including if he is true American.Shut your trap!!...Nobody's is buying into your con game..Come here sir, come closer to my computer screen...You're fired!! freakin penis wrinkle!!! You are a joke plain and simple..You talk soo much that you're breath stinks like old folks toe nails..Your arrogance is unbecoming. My suggestion to you, go swallow a whole bottle Valium, eat some pudding...and go to sleep forever...You got diarrhea at the mouth..For talking so much **it!!!

nanci

At least donald trump showed an interest in producing a movie based on our father's probate estate in hawaii and the fraud criminal lawyer

and http://www.xtranormal.com/watch/11682398/mayor-elvin-meek-trust-probate-fraud-and-forgery?listid=22166582

Cosby is NOT an obama fan These guys used to be good friends Trump and Cosby I remember when Cosby would perform at the indian casinos in Palm Springs that trump owned The Spotlight 29 I watched the two of them laughing like crazy Mend the feud guys

runningman

Trump has a set of you know what to say the things that most are afraid to. I like the guy and if he runs he has my vote. Why is it that when something negative is said to a black person about their prez they go totally crazy and trash the person that says it? Coz is a racist

Previous 15 Comments | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments