Trump Rips Bill Cosby -- He's a Two-Faced Phony!

4/11/2011 4:08 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Donald Trump is firing back at Bill Cosby after the comedian blasted the billionaire on "The Today Show" last week -- claiming Bill's nothing more than an underhanded backstabber.

0411_trump_bill_BN_TMZ

It's all over a statement Bill made on "The Today Show," claiming the Donald should either "run or shut up" -- referring to Trump's ambiguous stance on running for President in 2012.

Trump -- who can't publicly declare his candidacy until "Celebrity Apprentice" is over -- returned fire today in a statement, claiming, "While I have never been a fan of Cosby’s, I had always assumed he liked or respected me because every time I met him ... he was always so nice."

Trumps adds, "If [Bill] doesn’t want me to run because he’s obviously an Obama fan, he should state the reasons and not ... treat me like his best friend, only to denigrate me when I’m not around."

Check out Trump's full statement after the jump.

The Donald's Statement

April 11, 2011

The other day on The Today Show, right after I was interviewed by Meredith Vieira, a terrific person and reporter, I happened to watch Bill Cosby who was on at the end of the show. While I have never been a fan of Cosby’s, I had always assumed he liked or respected me because every time I met him—the last time at the David Letterman show where I preceded him as a guest—he was always so nice, saying “let’s get together”—asking me out to dinner, and being polite to the point of offering to buy me a suit because he has a “great tailor.”

In any event, as I watched the show, the subject of Donald Trump came up.  I was surprised to hear him blabber, somewhat incoherently “you run or shut up.” The hatred was pouring out of his eyes when he said this. As I am sure he must know I cannot run until this season of Celebrity Apprentice ends. I know that he has taken a lot of heat over the years  in that he seems to be talking down to the people he’s talking to and purportedly trying to help. Actually, based on the way he acted, things are not looking too good for Cosby.

I wish he would be more honest, and if he doesn’t want me to run because he’s obviously an Obama fan, he should state the reasons and not come into my “green room” in front of numerous witnesses and treat me like his best friend, only to denigrate me when I’m not around. Sadly, he got more attention talking about me than he did on the merits of his own appearance—maybe he is not as dumb as I thought.

Previous 15 Comments | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30

dennis mitchell

Donald Trump has become infamous for telling business mogul wannabes "You're fired!" every week on primetime television. Yet, after Trump's casino operations filed bankruptcy for the second time.Many have wondered if it isn't time for board members to give Trump a pink slip. Despite the company failings, Trump will remain as chairman and CEO and continue to collect a $2 million dollar paycheck. So...how does a CEO decide to file for bankruptcy twice and still come out at the top of the heap?First, Trump doesn't get personally involved. He knows how to protect his personal finances. In both instances, Trump's corporations have filed for bankruptcy; Trump personally has not. Hence, when his casino fell into about a billion dollars in debt, the corporation filed for Chapter 11. Trump only made the decision to do so once he had spoken to his banks and bondholders. But, by filing, he gave his business the opportunity to regroup and reduce his business debt. It didn't hurt however that it would also reduce his personal debt, as Trump is likely the one every creditor would look to if the Taj Mahal couldn't pay up. So, in fact, Trump avoided potential lawsuits from credits and he may have also avoided personal bankruptcy by keeping his own bank account insulated.

Trump, it appeared, had triumphed. His company had dire financial problems but seemed to rise just as quickly from those bankruptcy ashes. Just three years later, he combined the hotels into the publicly held Trump Hotels and Casino Resorts.

For several years, the new company enjoyed double digit stock prices. His personal fortune in turn also skyrocketed. And the man who came close to losing it all leap onto Forbes' most wealthy list. On the backs of taxpayers "who us all" have to pay the piper.

Yet, Trump's public company would eventually fall...again. Within a few years of soaring high prices, the company stock had fallen into single digits. The one-time powerhouse company remained profitless and struggled just to pay the interest on the $2 billion debt. Trump claimed that the properties were unable to make the improvements necessary for keeping up with its flashier competitors. These financial troubles led to Trump's second trip into bankruptcy. Donald is an con artist plan and simple..And some Gullible Americans are starting to believe his sh*t!!!!!!!

How the hell you foolish ignorant ass folks think Donald will be able to run a country...He is always angry with his speech. He is extremely condescending. He uses others to do his dirty work, to keep his hands clean. Just look how he played the system through his bankruptcy filings. He is a modern day "Pontius Pilate"..Who was responsible for the crucifying of Jesus, yet he was guilty as hell in the first place. Donald accused President Obama for running the country to the ground..When the **** had already happened under the like of mr. Bush...Go figure...Donald Trumps show is a joke...and so is he and believing he could run our country with pure integrity and honesty. Donald has a ton of enemies, I truly really believe would take him out. He is a liability I damn show don't wanna see in office..The world would truly laugh at us with this clown in office..Donald shut up already!!!...You who are believing in his rhetoric...I leave you with this.."If the blind leads the blind...all of your "arses" will fall in the ditch"..Even through Obamas campaign he has shown more character,control,professionalism, and leadership than anybody in a long time...Trump you cant file for bankruptcy for a country when you screw up from the beginning by your decision making, and backdoor dealings...I will never trust your busted up ass in office..Not for one "New York minute"..lol...You probably push the "nuke button" because some body looked at you funny..You arrogant jerk!

Don José Manuel Fernando Villareal de Assumpción Gómez Bolaños Smith

America's worst president? Obama? C'mon! He's a close second, but no one beats Jimmy Carter.

David E

Bill wan't being nice when he offered to buy Trump a suit. He was telling him his suits suck, and he ought to change tailors. The Don is a little dense.

Rocketmare

Trump is a grandiose narcissist who feels the need to lash out at anyone who offers him the least bit of criticism. The idea that this buffoon could be President is ludicrous. He's delusional.

parker

Tinalouise is a moron, Cosby likes the attention of helping the blacks and does want to help them but they wont help themselves but Cosby loves his ego!

Iknnow aliarwhenIseeone

"the Donald" will announce his intentions on the season ender of his TV show.

That is reason enough to believe he is ONLY interested in the ratings of his show and NOT running for POTUS.

He is a failure as a husband and a "business man".

MANY of his enterprises have gone bankrupt, including his involvement with casinos.

His reputation on the business world is sooo bad, he is BANNED from investing or managing casinos in LasVegas!!

"The Donald" goes from failure to failure carried on his own hot air.

His remarks about the beloved Bill Cosby caused his ratings to PLUMMET.

He's just a fool.

DenverTIM

Donald Trump is a very immature man.

lone wolf

hey 2012 it all ends anyway so who really gives a **** who the president is they all are alike each and everyone of them past, present,and future.... its all a scam anyways, start a war just to reduce the population. take over a country just to get their oil then Jack all the prices up to keep us all down while they line their pockets..... get a clue they are all in on it together... when dooms day come each and everyone of them will be deep in a bunker while we all die, they don't care about the people just all he connected ones...

Hal

Do any of you know about the Tawana Bralley case where she lied about a white cop raping her. Big Bill and Al will ready to hang this guy. They never even said they were sorry after this guys life was almost destroyed. Any comment on that.

Geffrey Daniel

I used to be a big fan of Donald, respecting all he has done right from building the Trump Taj Mahal at the cost of a biliion Dollars at an age at whicch some people his age were still in the university, but to insult Bill Cosby is like crossing over the line.Wake up Donald.I came from a culture that respects old people-Africa.As for the bigots that are calling Obama the worst president,they need to have their heads re-examined.

Geffrey Daniel

I used to like and respect Donald Trump a lot, but his recent attacks on America's dad is not welcome at all not only by me but so many other people who his life and givings have affected.
Imagine doing a show in Calgary with all the proceeds going to the family of Owen Hart to support them. To me Bill deserves a better treatment and honour than the insult that Donald i heaping on him.As for those that call Obama the worst president should have their heads examined.Maybe the've not been born when George W Bush ran the country for 8 horrible years.No wonder why Louis Farrakhan called him the savior.

Geff Ezeokonkwo

C'mon Mr. Trump ain't you got better things to do.Mind you you are trashing somebody who has given so much to America and the world at- large.From the tens of millions he has given to his alma- matta to doing a show and donating the entire proceeds to late Owen Hart's family to help the wife and kids cope with life without the bread winner.I think that he has done better and bigger things than you that for you to call him dumb might be something that makes ne recommend you to a psycologist for proper examining of your head and state of mind.By the way, when are you getting married to another woman or putting another of your business into bankruptcy.As for the bigots that call Obama the worst president, maybe they were not yet born when George W Bush ran the country for 8 horrible years.Obama is only trying his best to clean the mess that George W Bush left behind.With time we will know who was the better president

James

Does anyone know where Donald Trump gets his suits done? Somebody told me it was in Los Angeles at http://www.DressBespoke.com and others tell me it was at Jack Taylor's in Beverly Hills.

Why would he travel this far? I'm sure he can find a tailor in Manhatton.

Previous 15 Comments | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30