Trump Rips Bill Cosby -- He's a Two-Faced Phony!

4/11/2011 4:08 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Donald Trump is firing back at Bill Cosby after the comedian blasted the billionaire on "The Today Show" last week -- claiming Bill's nothing more than an underhanded backstabber.

0411_trump_bill_BN_TMZ

It's all over a statement Bill made on "The Today Show," claiming the Donald should either "run or shut up" -- referring to Trump's ambiguous stance on running for President in 2012.

Trump -- who can't publicly declare his candidacy until "Celebrity Apprentice" is over -- returned fire today in a statement, claiming, "While I have never been a fan of Cosby’s, I had always assumed he liked or respected me because every time I met him ... he was always so nice."

Trumps adds, "If [Bill] doesn’t want me to run because he’s obviously an Obama fan, he should state the reasons and not ... treat me like his best friend, only to denigrate me when I’m not around."

Check out Trump's full statement after the jump.

The Donald's Statement

April 11, 2011

The other day on The Today Show, right after I was interviewed by Meredith Vieira, a terrific person and reporter, I happened to watch Bill Cosby who was on at the end of the show. While I have never been a fan of Cosby’s, I had always assumed he liked or respected me because every time I met him—the last time at the David Letterman show where I preceded him as a guest—he was always so nice, saying “let’s get together”—asking me out to dinner, and being polite to the point of offering to buy me a suit because he has a “great tailor.”

In any event, as I watched the show, the subject of Donald Trump came up.  I was surprised to hear him blabber, somewhat incoherently “you run or shut up.” The hatred was pouring out of his eyes when he said this. As I am sure he must know I cannot run until this season of Celebrity Apprentice ends. I know that he has taken a lot of heat over the years  in that he seems to be talking down to the people he’s talking to and purportedly trying to help. Actually, based on the way he acted, things are not looking too good for Cosby.

I wish he would be more honest, and if he doesn’t want me to run because he’s obviously an Obama fan, he should state the reasons and not come into my “green room” in front of numerous witnesses and treat me like his best friend, only to denigrate me when I’m not around. Sadly, he got more attention talking about me than he did on the merits of his own appearance—maybe he is not as dumb as I thought.

kylee

bill is just trying to prove he can hang with the other blacks sucking berry's balls. run Donald run or at least find out who is really running this country in to the ground

DirtySouth

First Rosie and now Bill. What happens when SNL starts to spoof him, or when hosts for the MTV awards and similar shows start to make fun of him? What if his response to a natural disaster is similar to Bush's response to Katrina, and the media rips him a new one? What will he do if other countries' leaders start to criticize his policies?

He should grow thicker skin and be careful. He's working himself into a corner with all of this buildup. If he announces that he will not be running, he could potentially alienate a large amount of the small number of viewers (7-8 million) watching the Apprentice.

Celeb Gossip Addict

Why is Bill 2 faced again? He has only run into Donald in passing and has smiled pleasantly. As for Donalds political talk without running Bill says run or shut up. I don't know why Donald has his panties in a bunch over this. I like Donald and think MAYBE he could be a decent politician, but unless you come up with definative proof that the president was born elsewhere, just shut up about it. He sounds silly harping on that. What do you plan to do for this country besides search for birth records Donald? That's what I want to know.

Nama Na

"The hatred was pouring out of his eyes when he said this." Is Trumpers seriously that stupid? BC was bored and exhausted from listening to Trump blather on about... oh hell I can't even remember it was so captivating. Get a hair cut you spoiled rotten knob.

dreamon

If Donald can't take "run or shut up" he's way too thin skinned to run for President.

Originalkat

Trump is just working on the ratings for his show. I actually think this is all a build up of nothing. His is just trying to cause more seperation of America. I think he is a smart man in business but it wouldn't work for the Office of the President.
Maybe I should change that to "crude" instead of "smart".

squeakermama

Pretty sure I've had enough Bill for a life time. He would love to believe that he is a wholesome family man when indeed he is a money grubbing skirt chaser like everyone else.
Drives me nuts how he simply is unable to have his hand in any project without smearing his name all over it.
Move on folks, there is nothing to see.

Ltbloomer38

Mr Trump is not serious at all about running for President. Don't believe it people! As for racism, I don't believe that he is one. I dont think color is the issue, I think ignorance is. Mr Trump cant attack people who don't like him and if he was really running for President, then he would already be giving politically correct answers and keeping his mouth shut. He is simply trying to polarize the public and get discussions going.

The thought of 'President Trump' is not scary, but the 'birthers' and people who want to use fear instead of facts is more frightening than anything. If you want to debate, then debate with facts, not name calling. Keep in mind, this is the man who had a months-long battle with Rosie O' Donnell! If Rosie was bugging the man that much, then how will he deal with North Korea?
He's not running for president, no way.

kylee

Oh and i love the picture you picked for Bill he looks like he just got his bottle of MD20/20 and is looking for a bum fight lol ugh no sorry libs Berry is one and done we cant take another 4 years he is no leader and you can cry all you want but its not going to happen so pick a new horse to bet on

Sonja

I"m with Home Skillet.. I just don't understand how some can see the guy who can't seem to clean up 8yrs of one man's mess as being worse than the moron who made the whole mess in the first place. Did they think he would just roll on in and wave a magic wand?? Keep doing what's been done for the last 8yrs? I'm not happy the way things are going but I sure as hell don't want them going back to the way they were and I sure as hell don't lay all the blame on the guy handed the shovel and pointed towards the mountain of crap.

Jeanie

I very much fear for people that think the Donald will help our country...DON'T LET HIM FOOL ya!! He's a MASTER at manipulation!!!

All you have to do--is see that he will only protect his personal interests: BIG BUSINESS not PEOPLE...

Common Sense

Its funny to watch all the racists scream how its not about race, or how they ARE NOT racist. Your true colors are showing. Where was all this patriotism and Americana when George Bush was anally raping the country, abusing civil rights of detainees, engaging in 2 unlawful wars, and driving up the deficit? Funny how you're so offended NOW, but you were all on board when the guy doing the damage looked like you. Now that he doesn't, and e has extra melanin...he's un-American, and you want his birth cerificate...and when he shows one, you idiots say "Oh, thats not it, we wanna see another one." I and my entire community voted and will continue to vote for Obama just to negate closeted bigots like Chaz and N.O. Lady.

victorpark

Yo Yo Yo, Home Skillet....Yo Yo Yo...and you too Tinalouise...the 2 biggest racists posting today about the Kool Aid they be drinking: Please explain this. Please.

1. Occidental College records -- Not released
2. Columbia College records -- Not released
3. Columbia Thesis paper -- "Not available"
4. Harvard College records -- Not released
5. Selective Service Registration -- Not released
6. Medical records -- Not released
7. Illinois State Senate schedule -- Not available
8. Illinois State Senate records -- Not available
9. Law practice client list -- Not released
10. Certified Copy of original Birth certificate -- Not released, BUT HIDDEN IN HAWAII UNDER THE LAW... CLAIMED...
11. Embossed, signed paper Certification of Live Birth -- Not released
12. Record of his baptism -- Not available
13. Why can't his wife, Michelle, no longer practice law as an attorney?
14. Why his wife has 22 assistants, when other First Ladies had one?
15. Why was he getting "foreign student aid" as a college student?
16. Which country's "passport" did he have when you visited Pakistan in 1981?

Oh and one more thing, I can't seem to find any articles he published as editor of the Harvard Law Review, or as a Lecturer at the University of Chicago. (Note: not 'professor' as every Kool Aid drinker loves to claim. He was a lecturer.)Can you explain that to us?

Jim

He can't run. His ego could not handle a presidential debate..let alone any debate.
Like #9 indicated, Trump cannot handle any push back, at all. The other day he had a lot of air time on CNN with Suzanne M.: all he could harp on about was Obama's birth certificate. Literally, had nothing else to day. Any time another question was asked, his voice would go louder, and he would continue to squeal about Obama's birth certificate.
It would be interesting to watch him and Palin debate. lol
Then SNL, the following weekend. Not to mention Fallon. The entertainment would be epic!

Home Skillet

LoL@ Home Skillet you forgot to answer whether or not you drive a LOWRIDER? People will see you and white haters ranting and vote for anyone but obama. You hate Louisiana? I bet you've never been anywhere other than your little town hun.

Posted at 2:00 PM on Apr 11, 2011 by N.O.Lady
_____________________________________________________

I've been to your God-forsaken town. I wouldn't spit on Bourbon Street. What a ****hole. To be fair, there were nice parts of New Orleans, but definitely overrated.

SINCE you are sooooo interested, I AM WHITE. I'm not sure why you need to know what kind of car I drive, but since you're from the Deep South and, therefore, likely have an IQ of 71, I guess I can understand you wanting to know. Shiny objects - you're easily swayed by shiny objects, and easily-manipulated, otherwise you'd understand just how ****ing stupid you are for being a conservatard.