Trump Rips Bill Cosby -- He's a Two-Faced Phony!

4/11/2011 4:08 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Donald Trump is firing back at Bill Cosby after the comedian blasted the billionaire on "The Today Show" last week -- claiming Bill's nothing more than an underhanded backstabber.

0411_trump_bill_BN_TMZ

It's all over a statement Bill made on "The Today Show," claiming the Donald should either "run or shut up" -- referring to Trump's ambiguous stance on running for President in 2012.

Trump -- who can't publicly declare his candidacy until "Celebrity Apprentice" is over -- returned fire today in a statement, claiming, "While I have never been a fan of Cosby’s, I had always assumed he liked or respected me because every time I met him ... he was always so nice."

Trumps adds, "If [Bill] doesn’t want me to run because he’s obviously an Obama fan, he should state the reasons and not ... treat me like his best friend, only to denigrate me when I’m not around."

Check out Trump's full statement after the jump.

The Donald's Statement

April 11, 2011

The other day on The Today Show, right after I was interviewed by Meredith Vieira, a terrific person and reporter, I happened to watch Bill Cosby who was on at the end of the show. While I have never been a fan of Cosby’s, I had always assumed he liked or respected me because every time I met him—the last time at the David Letterman show where I preceded him as a guest—he was always so nice, saying “let’s get together”—asking me out to dinner, and being polite to the point of offering to buy me a suit because he has a “great tailor.”

In any event, as I watched the show, the subject of Donald Trump came up.  I was surprised to hear him blabber, somewhat incoherently “you run or shut up.” The hatred was pouring out of his eyes when he said this. As I am sure he must know I cannot run until this season of Celebrity Apprentice ends. I know that he has taken a lot of heat over the years  in that he seems to be talking down to the people he’s talking to and purportedly trying to help. Actually, based on the way he acted, things are not looking too good for Cosby.

I wish he would be more honest, and if he doesn’t want me to run because he’s obviously an Obama fan, he should state the reasons and not come into my “green room” in front of numerous witnesses and treat me like his best friend, only to denigrate me when I’m not around. Sadly, he got more attention talking about me than he did on the merits of his own appearance—maybe he is not as dumb as I thought.

HamptonsHarry

Right on va reb

Brian B.

@ Jeanie:

LoL...thanks. I see whatcha mean...Even though you said you ignore the nasty comments--just look at the stupid comment #116...Where do these ppl come from? 1950's Alabama??

LOL!!

Home Skillet

@Juju - BINGO!!! Very well said!!

HamptonsHarry

Egged on? Go back to school.

Jeanie

@ #124 (by juju)

I AGREE WITH YOU 100%...YOU ARE DEAD-ON POINT!!

Kathy

Have you ever noticed that anytime a GOP individual is ever slighted by someone, they ATTACK. Most of the time, they can't take a joke--but they sure can dish it out.

HamptonsHarry

Obummer is a One Term Loser. Nothing can save him now.

julie

How old is Cosby anyway? 92? Why is he looking for publicity at his age? He should just sit on his rocking chair and keep quiet.

va reb

egged on are you from this Plantet?? What language is that???

Jeanie

What would really surprise me if the haters on this board would actually say something intelligible. Guess ya's don't have a high enough I.Q...

Thank GOD for selective reading here...or else my genius I.Q. (no lie, lol, I'll throw that in there ANY chance I get!! :-D) would plummet....

LMAO!!!!!!!!

Jeanie

HEY DONALD TRUMP...Your idea to run for president is as absurd as your hair!!!

william

donald trump is an ass. who the hell would ever vote for him. we need a REAL canidate

HamptonsHarry

Someone call a moving truck for loser Obama. He needs to get his garbage out of our White House. He is a disgrace.

Brian B.

Hey, let's not forget that Obama INHERITED this sh*t-storm of a national DEBT that good old Georgie-boy ran up--catering to Wall Street!!!

Trump will do the same.

HamptonsHarry

Ahh Jeanie the "high IQ" explains your craziness.