Britney Spears

Signs Nicki Minaj for Concert Tour

4/11/2011 2:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

It's official. TMZ has learned ... Nicki Minaj will be Britney Spears' opening act for her upcoming concert tour.

0410_brintey_nicki_ex_concert_getty

Sources involved in the negotiation tell TMZ ... the deal was signed several days ago, and Britney is elated. Everyone involved in the concert is relieved Enrique Iglesias' ego couldn't handle opening for Britney and feel Nicki will be infinitely better.

Minaj, who is on tour with Lil Wayne until the end of the month, currently has two singles on the Billboard Top 100 -- "Moment 4 Life" and "Did It On'em"

Everyone connected with the concert series thinks Nicki will create even more heat for the tour, which kicks off on June 17 in Sacramento, CA.

TMZ broke the story Nicki and Britney were in serious negotiations.
Right after we posted that story, the comments and emails were almost unanimous that Nicki is an infinitely better choice than Enrique.

Anya

Both fugly and talentless, perfect match.

Joe

Sorry witchy1der.... if you look at several performances prior to any "injury" she was doing it back then too. Injury is an excuse and a lame one at that. She doesn't even try to do any upper body moves, but just walks around. Sorry, one day she'll be back in the swamp serving gator fritters to the rednecks.

Dodging Hollywood VOMIT

Smart move, Enrique, Pissy little Diva. It's really smart NOT to take a job that would keep your name and face out there. Say what you want about BritBrit, but she's rakin' in cash. People say she sucks and then buy tickets for her concerts. She's thinkin' Ha! Losers, say what ever you want, just keep payin' my bills!I'm LOL'in all the way to the bank! I'll be handin' Enrique spare change out my window at the off ramp next week.

megan

People who are leaving negative comments, Get up off the couch and GET A LIFE!!!!! Britney tour will be amazing and awesome and haters are just pressed.

Damon

I'd rather watch a 9 month pregnant PINK sing with a baby sitting diaphram than waste money on lip-sync-o-rama!

Remember her last tour, on the Australian leg, people were asking for their money back because she was lip-syncing!

Her music hasn't progressed with age; she's singing songs that the current teen sensations (Miley-Selena-Bieber) are performing.

dd

@Criss that's a great idea.

Jinny

I love Britney, and I was planning on seeing this concert. However, with Nicki on the tour now I refuse to go. I want to see a pop concert, not some talentless "rapper"!

Jbo

This DEF will NOT be a concert for children!!! These two are both a little too slutty for my taste and don't leave much to the imagination...

However, best of luck!

Carl

I'm not a huge fan of any of them. But if I had to go I'd prefer an Enrique/ Nicki concert over anything with Britney.

Canadasux

So, is the tour now going to be called, the "Beauty and the Beast" tour?

Snooki'sHairBump

So instead of one untalented, over-rated/over-the-top "musician" performing (lip-singing) live there will be two of them.

I hope a lot of people don't end up wasting their money on this.

Jim in Cali

LOL at Enrique's flop ass. Nobody cares about him.

I'm actually debating whether to go see this. The Ti*s and Ass tour coming to a city near you!!

Tea Party Mom

I think Nicki is a bad choice because she will attract the ghetto element to her shows.

Juan

I would pay to see that. My girl Nicki performing with Britney. I don't know who the f*ck is Enrique. Only reason I know him because of Pitbull.

femonanon

I'm sorry, never heard of her.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments