Armenian Group

SLAMS Cosmo

Over Kim K Cover

4/11/2011 7:50 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The largest Armenian group in America is lashing out at Cosmo for featuring Kim Kardashian on the cover of their Turkish edition ... calling the move "disrespectful" to Kim and "all Armenians."

Armenian National Committee of America
Aram Hamparian -- executive director of the Armenian National Committee of America -- tells TMZ, "It's disrespectful to Kim Kardashian and to all Armenians for the publishers of Cosmopolitan to use her image, without her permission, on the month we mark Turkey's genocide against the Armenian people."

Hamparian continues, "Instead of trying to turn a profit in Turkey by callously featuring a cover photo of a descendant of Armenian Genocide survivors in its April issue, Cosmopolitan should find creative ways to educate its readers about the Turkish government's shameful effort to cover up this atrocity."

Wocka

What a joke! Mommy Manager must not be too swift if she didn't check out the details. Of course, we know she's not. Look who she married (Jenner?) and look at her trashy daughters. All to make a buck. They are all a joke.

en Todo Momento!!

maybe armenia is just where the region keeps all the clean blood genes alive ('christian whores'), after they have inbred their populations to the point of no return...yeah, that does seems like something the leaders in that region would do. to isolate and lock in a population of attractive genes, so that they have access to cleaning up their inbred genes.

Ann

I find this funny because she claims to be a quarter Turkish, knows nothing about her Armanian hertitage and pulls this crap? Why do we even give this nobody attention?
There is so much more to the Armanian Genocide than they think! A lot of Turkish people died too! It was long before her time and it's something in the past.
Turkey should never put an idiot on the cover! She only cares about money! If you hate Turkish people stop saying your part Turkish!

Lucy

As an Armenian myself, I don't find this cover offensive. I'm more offended by the sex tape and the fact that the entire family is full of attention seekers. However, if you want to come here and deny the genocide, you are a ****ing prick. Look at the pictures, the videos. Heat the stories from survivors, the few that remain. The Turks who deny the genocide are bastards and I hope they are all beat senseless and pissed on. I don't care what you think of the Kardashians, Kim or any other specific Armenian, but you do NOT deny that your ancestors senselessly murdered 1.5 million Armenians during the first World War. Your ancestors committed genocide and you know it, you ****ing jerkoffs. The Turks should be ashamed of themselves and I hope those denying the genocide are slaughtered on cable TV, I'd love to watch.

Caligirl

Kim K is only Armenian when it suits her and only when it's good for publicity. Hamparian is only using this to grandstand on his group, period.

I doubt highly that Kim K did not know about this cover for this magazine. It's all about the money people. Kim would sell out her heritage for a buck, believe it. She sold her body for cash for the sex tape, yes??? I'd think her body is more important than the Armenians.

Roberta

Oh please, give us a break, she's such a media whore. Did she have any remorse before someone actually brought the anniversary of the Armenian massacre by the Turks to her attention? I very much doubt it!

AyeJay

Anyone else notice how most of Armenian last names end with an IAN?
Hmph, interesting.

BigUglyTexan

Let's all hold our breath for a minute and allow ourselves to come to terms with the idea that nothing in this ridiculous bitch's life is an accident. She couldn't find Armenia on a map, she doesn't even know why Turkey's pissed off, and she lies incessantly about her plastic surgery. All she needs is a dead Chihuahua in a purse and she's Paris Hilton with a decent ass.

Muppet

This is just a ploy by Kim K to get everyone to notice that she's on the cover of cosmo! How many people would even know if this story didn't run? Fame whore!

cochino

I doubt Cosmo puts politics before profits. The cow got paid to pose for international cover pics, doing so gave Cosmo the right to publish them as they wished. If she had any concern she should have agreed on the condition that Turkey be excluded.

She does know that Turkey is considered "international" right?

This is nothing more than self promotion all over again because her popularity is waning, as it should be. Now you're supposed to run out and buy this edition to because she's on it making it a top seller so they will hire her fat ass again.

Barb

You gotta to love that even the Turkish edition of Cosmo has the word SEX on the cover.

Posted at 4:02 PM on Apr 11, 2011 by Christopher
_____________________________

That was funny! Thanks.

Bubbles The Chimp

Just give the skank a black male private part to fondle and she will forget about the whole thing.

Michael

NEWSFLASH : Kim has released a statement on her website regarding this and she is not mad at all she is on Turkeys cover and is glad she brought attention to the issue. She also mentions nothing about how Turkey denies the genocide or anything about the genocide.

Some generic BS statement// Armenians,, Why do you idolize and support someone so fake?

just found out today that I am on the cover of Cosmopolitan Magazine in Turkey this month. Cosmopolitan Magazine has a number of international editions all around the world that run in various territories, and when I did this shoot for the international covers I had no idea that Turkey was planning to run my story on their cover THIS month, considering Genocide Remembrance Day is this month. My Armenian heritage means a lot to me and I’ve been brought up to be incredibly proud of my family’s background and culture so as an Armenian-American woman it is a huge honor for me to be on the first ever Armenian Cosmopolitan cover (pic above.)

I have an amazing relationship with Cosmopolitan Magazine. World-over, Cosmo is known as a fun and inspiring magazine for women of all races, shapes, sizes, regardless of their political beliefs and I really hope that if I can bring awareness to the issue, then this in an accomplishment.

zzyzx

Glendale.

Raejean

The Turks and Armenians have been arguing about this for a long time and both groups are convinced that they are the victims. They have even tried to hijack and cause chaos in state legislatures demanding to get recognitions and remembrance days and so forth for their views.

The best policy is just to steer clear of the whole damn thing, because the truth is undoubtedly somewhere in between.