Kim Kardashian

Upset at Cosmo

for Turkish Cover

4/11/2011 6:40 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Sources close to Kim Kardashian tell TMZ ... Kim is upset that a picture from one of her photo shoots ended up on the cover of Turkish Cosmopolitan -- the country that committed genocide on the Armenian people.

Kim Kardashian Cosmo Cover Upset
We're told Kim -- an Armenian-American who has been vocal about the genocide -- did an international photo shoot that went to various magazines published by Cosmo, but she didn't know it would end up on the Turkish version of the mag.

Sources say Cosmo let Kim's people know which international outlets of the magazine would use her picture -- but we're told Cosmo never mentioned Turkey to Kim or her reps.  Our sources say Kim would never have approved the use of her pic in the Turkish version.

Rubbing salt in the wound ...  April 24 is the day Armenians commemorate the genocide -- just weeks after her pic was splashed on the cover of Turkish Cosmo.

We contacted Cosmo for a statement ... and here's what they told us -- “Kim Kardashian is one of our favorite cover girls.  We were thrilled to have the opportunity to photograph her for the Cosmopolitan editions worldwide.”

0927_kim_kardashian_footer

Michael

First of all thanks TMZ for letting people know about the Armenian genocide. I'm American but my grandparents came to America almost 100 yrs ago as orphaned children from the genocide.. Anyway In my opinion Kim gave the permission or her Mom who is her manager. Kim brags about wearing "turkish delight" lipgloss and has stated she is part "turkish" because her dads family comes from there-first time i ever heard an armenian say that.. She has NEVER been vocal about the genocide, all she did was say to recognize it on her twitter, never has she spoke about it on her show, posted any info on it, reccomended books, movies, etc. She did state she is a 4th generation Armenian American and her family came here before the genocide and were not affected-- I highly doubt that, just her way of getting out of talking about it.
Shes really fake and im personally ashamed of Armenians who idolize her, Armenians are conservative and for them to idolize a woman who made a sex tape with an African American none the less is a joke, if any normal Armenian girl did that with no fame or money they would be "outcasted" by the entire Armenian community!

Harvey's Shirt

Who the heck is this girl? What is she famous for? Oh ! Now I remember, her dad represented a murderer and got him off that charge. Okay , now what is she famous for?????????

Anoinette

TO BABY K #7

Wooooooooow, that was beautiful!!
I am suffering from a deep depression but with your wonderful post you made my life much much better....that was BRILLIANT!!!
You deserve somekind of award from your beautiful words!!
Got damn, i hope you are a guy!
I would marry you.....love you!!!
Thank you!!!!

Say what?!

Does Kim even know where Armenia is?

Sarah

WHY???????????

Bruno

It sucks being a fame ho.

richard pierce

Seriously, Does ANYONE really give a rat's behind what this fat fame whore is upset about? No talent, no morals, no class, no ethics! Who cares! She is one the Turks SHOULD have offed! What about that Mr. Ataturk - how did this low grade bitch escape?

truth about kim

BABY K #7

Woooooooooow, i love you!
Thank you, no really thank you!!!
You just made the world a better place to live in.....DAMN!!!
Brilliant!!!
I hope you are a guy....i would marry you in a heartbeat!!!
FANTASTIC!!!!!!

gigi

A couple of years ago a TMZ papparazzi asked her if she was doing anything to help System of a Down's fundraiser to raise awareness about the Armenian genocide...She had no clue what they were talking about. Now she realizes she can get publicity and she is suddenly "very vocal" about it?

barney

If she was'nt such a publicity WHORE wanting to always have her pictures on the covers of Magazines she would'nt have this problem.She and her ugly,dumbass family need to do everyone a favor and vanish.

alex

Guys there is nothing wrong with her photo, she is upset because the photo does not represent her views. Geeezzzz Some of you people need to grow up and get off her already. I do not like her nor do I know what she is all about but at least I do not put her down.

You people are losers btw

Areg

American of half Armenian descent. NOT Armenian American #justsaying

Mel

Read the fine print stupid B****

CCJ

First off, "that many believe committed genocide on the Armenian people"

There is no "belief", there is substantiated FACT that there was massive killings of Armenians by Turks. These massive killings have been labeled a genocide by many counties.

wishes

This is probably the same chick who probably complains behind closed doors that she doesn't get as much press or attention as white chicks. Posted at 1:31 PM on Apr 11, 2011 by adelle

Adelle, Kim IS white!! She merely uses the Armenian heritage to confuse stupid Americans, because most Americans don't realize that Armenians are Euorpeans. Which means Anglo. Which means "white."

And she feels it will justify her relationships with black men. Why? Because the black women won't supposedly "hate" her for dating black men if she does not call herself "white". It would be like me calling myself "Italian" or my wife calling herself "Greek" --- it's our ancestor's who came over from Europe.

Kim is insulting every American by thinking we are stupid. KIM< WE KNOW YOU WERE BORN IN LOS ANGELES 30 YEARS AGO. Your parents were NOT immigrants!! Your great-great grandparents were from Armenia. Mine were from Italy. BUT I am still proud to be born in AMERICA, and call myself AMERICAN. Yep, I'm white too, and proud of it!!

But I guess the American people are as dumb as you think they are. They still think you are "not white." But then again, most Americans has single-digit IQ's (I'm just not one of them that you can fool!!!)