Eddie Murphy -- I'm Shrek'd Out!

4/12/2011 10:50 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Eddie Murphy's days as a donkey are OVER ... because last night outside Mastro's steakhouse, the comic legend told us, "No more Shrek ... I'm Shrek'd out!"041211_eddie_murphy_still

Maybe he'll finally get back into stand-up (fingers crossed)?????

MIDNIGHT TOKER

his brother is funny as hell on the chapelle show

Kevin

He needs to stick to stand up and stop making movies like Chris Rock. They both kill on stage, but make some pretty awful movie role choices.

noneofyourbusiness

So.....yeah....what other things have you done recently other than Shrek? You used to be the BOMB Eddie!

w

now unless he is planning on doing stand up (classic eddie murphy style) then I would agree that he shouldn't do kids movies anymore BUT if he just doesnt want to do it because hes "tired" of it I hope he knows that there are millions of children that love shrek and the movie wouldnt be the same with out him, so if they decide to make another I hope either they find someone who sounds just like him or figure something out, Shrek can't be without the donkey, he made that damn movie.
Don't be selfish Eddie!!! hummmina hummmina hummina

BREAKFAST4

I guess he already forgot when no one would hire him. His stand up was funny but it was 25+ years ago. The atari 260...0 was cool back then too. He should take his foot fetish skills to the interwebz now.

Stephanie

What an ungrateful SOB. He can't act so he should make another Shrek.He needs to get back 2 his roots.

lily

He'll probably do another one when he needs money. What is he doing now? Anything?

MacGuffin

Let's hope Eddie does some good roles like he used to instead of being a complete sell-out, doing the same crap over and over again.

BigTim

Take whatever job you can get, loser.

Superman

No comment other than Eddie has always been an ass.

sparced

you know he'll just make some other kids movie instead.

don't count on him doing more stand-up or anything truly comedy related anymore.

You should have watched his acceptance speech of an award at The Comedy Awards the other night... they had a highlight reel which really showed how far he is from his stand-up days.

Ginger

Yeah, I guess he is Shrecked out. It must be grueling work sitting on a chair talking into a microphone and probably being paid in the 7 figures. Poor Eddie.

Trevis Miho

Eddie Murphy has done all types of genres of movies. You can't say he didn't put his work in on the Shrek franchise - I mean, how many more would ANYONE wanna do? I'm Shrek'd out, too! He did his job, and he stuck with it. Enuff is enuff, I feel that..

Andi

Come on, Eddie, how can you dis Donkey like that?

Norris

I love reading this kinds of articles for the comments afterwards. You always get those people in here that speak as if they personally know these celebrities and the closest they've been is renting the movies. LOL One guy says Eddie don't like white people...maybe he just don't like STUPID whiet people LOL. You can't believe everything you read SHEEP!!!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments