« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Kobe Bryant

Homophobic Slur

During NBA Game?

4/13/2011 10:34 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Kobe Bryant appeared to hurl a homophobic slur towards an NBA referee during a Los Angeles Lakers basketball game last night ... and it was all caught on tape.
041311_kobe_foul_still

It happened during the 3rd quarter after Kobe got hit with a technical foul. The NBA star -- clearly upset -- screams for the ref (Bennie Adams) and appears to mouth the words, "F**king f**got."

One of the announcers then comments, "You might wanna take the cameras off of him right now, for the children watching."

UPDATE: A rep for the team tells us, "The Lakers can not confirm that is what Kobe said or not."

Story developing ...

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Previous 15 Comments | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14

cwise

Isn't he the guy who was "accused" of being a rapist? What a joke. Who is he to hurl insults? Having gotten off, he should keep his mouth shut. But as we all know, sports stars seem to be above basic behavior and legal expectations. I would think being an "accused" rapist would have more stigma than simply a lifestyle issue.

Moralse

It doesn't matter whether he said Effing *****t or Dumb A$$ Cr@cker, he shouldn't have spoken like that. He's a big figure and a lot of kids look up to him, he should be setting an example. Kudos to TMZ, they have to start somewhere to erase the derogatory and bigoted comments players make. Those in denial He clearly said ****ing, I'm one hundred percent sure about that, The second word was either *** or ***got, take it from professional lip reader.

Signforu

I am a certified sign language interpreter and a professional lip reader I can tell you exactly what he said.....TMZ got it right. ;)

Maria

He is a liar ,cheater ,what do you expect from him? I never like him anyway....he should keep his mouth shut he has kids and we don't know what path they will follow when they grow up! I can't believe he said that he is around gays ,we all are dealing with them ,you can't be homophobic about ! I wonder what this people tell their kids about when they ask "dad what is a gay person?" how sad .I am not gay but but I have wonderful gay friends.

Maria

I don't know why they put this basketball players on pedestals ,they think they own the world ,they are Divas ,forgetting where they come from ghettos they are what they are now because they are players .....they became millionaires and they think they are better than anyone else ha! "you can take the kid form the ghetto ,but you can't take he ghetto form the kid" how true! Kram works and some day he will accept gay people who knows!I will don'tsay those words against gays......I knwo people who hates blacks and now their kids are married to black people is waht I said Karma ia a bitch!

Marc Freden

You have Kobe Bryant shouting out the word ******...then again with the jets guy and David Tyree speaking out against Gay Marriage...and of course you have Tracey Morgan being downright hateful against gays and there are no ramifications. Even the sight of Weiner's Weiner has brought down a Congressman. Are people that afraid of Gays in this day and age? Well Marc Freden, too, has been given pause with the issue.

As a gay man, even he feels the need to apologize for the blatant use of the word "******" in his new book "REALLY!?!" Now Freden using the "F" word should get a tacit pass...much like black people using the "N" word to describe themselves. His harmless use of the word...(And you must read the book to understand) has lead him to a video mea culpa on YouTube "Marc Freden Must Apologize to the Gay Community".

Furthermore, Freden has pledged that if Kobe Bryant can be fined $50,000 then he too should pay a price. A percentage of every book sold as a result of his apology will go to the Trevor Project - a gay hot line for distressed teens looking for a voice of calm and understanding. It is the least he can do. Who will join Freden in this cause?

Big.t

I don't like GAY PEOPLE NOBODY DOES!!

Brenda

How is this a story?? TMZ,smfh

Jake

I bet if I were to call Kobe a "Fu**ing Ni**er", he would have Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson and the NAACP demanding I be drug out in the street and shot! Some of you act like this isn't a big deal....but consider if it were you Kobe was attacking

Pam

Thank you everyone that supports Kobe's comments!
How else can we know where the racists are?
Simply replace the f word with the n word and you can see who is willing to watch trains of people go down the track, or shipped away to destroyed lives for being different. It's the "da hell with them and what happens to them" mentality that is so revealing. Asians, Mexicans and other immigrants beware also.
The Nazi thing could happen so easily again with these kinds of people. All we need is the lack of empathy, even for bullied kids, bullied kids people, as displayed here.
So many wounded people with unexamined lives, lost in addictions, anger management issues and the like, spewing hate rather than healing.
I hope you find your hearts one day beloveds, I really do.
You deserve to be happy and respectful to self and others. Wake up call.

Previous 15 Comments | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14