« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Kobe Bryant

I Didn't Mean

To Offend Anyone

4/13/2011 3:39 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Kobe Bryant has issued a statement about his homophobic outburst during last night's Lakers game -- essentially admitting to using the word "f**got" and explaining, “What I said last night should not be taken literally."

0413-kobe-technical-tmt-ex-5-credit
Kobe continues, "My actions were out of frustration during the heat of the game, period. "

He adds, "The words expressed do NOT reflect my feelings towards the gay and lesbian communities and were NOT meant to offend anyone.”

As we previously reported, Kobe mouthed the words, "f**king f**got" towards an NBA referee last night after he was hit with a technical foul.

0323_gay_pride_footer

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

sa

so now ***get is a bad word? LMAO i think the gay community want more rights than regular people..do u think u r special? lol this is too much..a curse is a curse...worthless article

Whirligig

@Flyboy- Dumb used to refer to people who couldn't hear. So whenever you use dumb you're making a derogatory word towards deaf people. No use explaining other wise for such a "black and white" person. How dare you tease deaf people for not being able to hear. Just because they can't hear you doesn't mean that their feelings aren't hurt!

Well... at least to you, since you believe that everything is or isn't.

You just lost the game.

thomas

Flyboy -- my comment about Sebastian street in Fort Lauderdale had nothing to do with "public sex" and if you implied that then you are simply to dumb for words. It is difficult to back up things I did not say. I am done with have a good day.

alisemaria

Why don't you ask Rev Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton if Kobe should be forgiven? The always know what to do in these types of situations.

washout22

Flyboy...society may tolerate it, but no way will it ever get accepted. It is abnormal to even think that two guys playing in eachothers hoohaws could be perceived as anything else but disgusting. I love women and dont understand how any guy would rather play "pixisticks" with another guy than get with a woman is beyond me. You are not ever going to get respect when you have poo on your johnson. Its a disgusting act and not to be even perceived as sex. You all need to find girlfriends.

tee

flyboy no matta how u put it r dress it up gay is wrong u can take shot at me and say im here 4 nothing ur dumb as i can c wonda if my kids thought my being here was pointless? i doubt it but as i can c u like 2 internet beef r throw slugs cuz ur safe at home and not losing a fight c'mon man mike tyson and ali lost fights r u serious?? and if we would fight who would tell?????? u must b scared u talk a good game but u r transparent no where n da bible it says its ok 4 2 men r 2 women 2 be 2gether n a relationship smh wat a dummy

Flyboy

Sa, yes, it is a bad word. And gay people are regular people, who don't want to be discriminated against.

Kitty, I don't really use slurs at all, but dumb actually has more than one meaning. Unlike fa**ot in the context used in society today. It's over. You believe it's OK to use anti-gay slurs. That's your business.

tee

fly boy gets a kikk out of talkin noise on da internet i get a kick out of beatin people up 4 talkin noise soooooooooo wat should we do about this problem flyboy??? i didnt finish college but i still make 26$ an hr so miss me wit that im educated and dont wanna get n trouble crap

Sarah

Flyboy - Gay is A-Ok!
Washout22 - I bet you cant even get a woman off and her faking doesnt count.
tee - no where in the bible does it say that 2 women cant lie together, read a f*cking book

Keisha1980

WHO CARES ..... GAY PEOPLE TRYING TO RUN EVERYTHING I CANT EVEN SAY GAY NO MORE WHICH MEANS HAPPY BUT GAY PEOPLE TOOK THAT WORD OVER . EVERYONE MAY ACT LIKE THEY OK WITH GAYS BUT THEY ARE NOT CAUSE IF EVERYONE WAS OK WITH IT LIKE THEY CLAIM TO BE GAYS WOULD BE ABLE TO GET MARRIED EVERYWHERE IN AMERICA BUT PEOPLE WENT TO THE POLLS AND VOTED NO . SO WHAT IF HE SAID ***OT ITS NOT THAT SERIOUS . WORRY ABOUT THE STARVING CHILDREN IN THE WORLD . TALK ABOUT THAT EVERYDAY . PEOPLE DONT LIKE TO HEAR THAT TYPE OF THING OUTSIDE THE COMFORT OF THEIR HOME . GTFOH

buzmeg

And what would the media be ranting on today if the ****ing ***got referee called the Kobe the rapist a ****ing N-word?

biggs

You gotta be kidding me! This queer acceptance thing has gone too far already! Who gives a **** if he calls anyone a ***git? In a basketball game for which he is paid to play, obviously emotions run high. Please tell me in this setting how he possibly was trying be homophobic. It's slang....period. DUMBASS ***GITS

Sarah

Hey Kobe, spell literally. Seriously.

Keisha1980

WILLIAM THOMAS SCOTT LEARN HOW TO SPELL BEFORE YOU POST STUFF YOU LOSER I CAN SEE YOU DROPPED OUT IN THE 1ST GRADE

pink floyd

who cares every person has said that in their lives, now the queers are all up set. quit bitching and get the **** back in the closet.