'All My Children,'

'One Life to Live'

CANCELLED

4/14/2011 3:38 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

It's official -- the soap opera era is officially DEAD ... now that ABC has announced they have cancelled "All My Children" and "One Life to Live."

0413-rip-all-mychildren
"All My Children" has been on the air since 1970 ... and "One Life to Live" debuted in 1968.

The only soap remaining on ABC is "General Hospital."

ABC released a statement saying, "Guided by extensive research into what today’s daytime viewers want and the changing viewing patterns of the audience, ABC is evolving the face of daytime television with the launch of two new shows."

The replacement shows will focus on health and food.

Shevonne -- our resident soap opera junkie -- is literally crying in the back of our office right now.

Terry Bradford

I can't believe that ABC is this stupid. All My Children far outclasses some dumb cooking show! I won't be watching!

teresa

omg,when i heard that both amc and oltl is being cancelled i cried.been watching 40plus yrs.i like cooking shows but there is so much of them already on..now i will check out the chew but will miss my soaps for a very long time r.i.p.

doug bunza

we should do something

DWayne Long

Let me inform ABC right now that they are making one of the biggest mistakes cancelling 2 of the favortie soap operas. I think people would rather see General Hostipal be removed than AMC and OLTL. Also the people have not stated nor voted to have more stupid food, health or reality shows on at all. I personally think there must be some executes that are just simple idots at the helm. There are so many viewers that are young and old tha*****ch AMC and OLTL which include college students too. You would think that ABC would have enough sense to get a vote on this issue and let the American people decide what they want to watch. Sorry ABC I definitely will not be watching your stupid food and health shows, which there are already too many now to watch, but I will have every one I know and spread the word to, to no*****ch your stupid shows.

cmt

I thank its terrible that All My Children is being taken all the air. They are like family. Been watching since I was 10. Started watching with my grandmother. A very great memory I have with her. I sure that the whole cast will be morned as if they have died to many people. Its going to be a very sasd day!!!!

Joan

This is just so wrong and so very sad! I'm 54 yr's old been watcing all 3 of these soaps since I can remember with my Mom and my Dad at times. Do we really need another talk or cooking show where they sell their products and wares?

It's nice to get lost in another place for an hour or two after a long day at work or whatever. I would love to know where they got there ratings from, certainly not from the few million people that do watch, DVR and tape every day. I was going to watch the new show on ABC, Once Apon a Time but not now. ABC and it's shows are off my list. Maybe if all of the Soap fans stopped watching ABC they will see what a huge mistake they've made and lose an awful lot of money for this bad mistake. Isn't money usually their bottom line?

Lets not forget all the people that are losing their jobs, from the shows to the sponsers, the magazines, etc.

Joan

G Woelm

I can see where abc might think that we are no*****ching soaps any more but that is not true. More people work so us the dvr to watch them later in the day. So people we are still watching faithfully but just not at the time it is on. So why don't you find another time so we can record it and still enjoy our favorite soaps. All my Children and GH are the best on tv. Not a good idea what you are doing. I will not be watching anything on abc from after GMA until 2:00 pm when GH is on. Too bad but if I want to watch a food show I will watch the Food Network. Have been watching both for years. I guess when you have a man in charge of changing programs we could have expected this. Dumg move!

ELIZABETH

I have a "special son" who watches all my children and is very much saddened with it's cancelling.Who wants health shows and cooking shows

donna

Can't beleive this disision by abc, more cooking shows!!!
I like alot of my coworkers love All My Children. Big mistake abc.

Susan

ABC is making a huge mistake. Another cooking and talk show? Don't we have enough of those already? And ABC feels they need to attract a younger viewing audience... well, that YOUNGER VIEWING AUDIENCE should have their lazy butts at a job working, not sitting home watching a damn cooking show in the middle of the day.
ABC - you suck!

shoshana zaifman

yes i am a fan of one life to live and i am sorrey for the end but on the same time we are fad up with so many shows of food how many kind of food you think people can stand i am telling you before you start i canot take one more show of food - you will lose alot of viewers abc think before your finel cansell.

kelly

what happened to EMMA?

Terry

I think it is really a shame that ABC is taking off All my children and one life to live for a stupid health and cooking show, LIKE there isn't already enough of those. It go's to show what they (ABC) think of all there long time veiwers ones that have been watching since the day the soaps started, I for one.... :-( I know alot and I mean a LOT of PEOPLE that is going to stop even watching ABC because of what they are doing, it is really unfair and they know it, they talk about keeping it going on line but there is alot of older veiewers that does'nt even know how to work a computer so how is this even fair to them, I really feel that ABC will be losing alot of movie by making this move, JUST SAYING!!!! You are MAKING a BIG MISTAKE....

Yours Truely,
A cancelled Veiewer of ABC

gina

just what america needs more" food shows" and then more "health shows" to get rid of all the food they have consumed.
i'm sure i'm not alone on this thought ,but i will not be tuning in!

Previous 15 Comments | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments