'All My Children,'

'One Life to Live'

CANCELLED

4/14/2011 3:38 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

It's official -- the soap opera era is officially DEAD ... now that ABC has announced they have cancelled "All My Children" and "One Life to Live."

0413-rip-all-mychildren
"All My Children" has been on the air since 1970 ... and "One Life to Live" debuted in 1968.

The only soap remaining on ABC is "General Hospital."

ABC released a statement saying, "Guided by extensive research into what today’s daytime viewers want and the changing viewing patterns of the audience, ABC is evolving the face of daytime television with the launch of two new shows."

The replacement shows will focus on health and food.

Shevonne -- our resident soap opera junkie -- is literally crying in the back of our office right now.

Katrina

This is just so devestating I dont get to watch everday but it was always nice to have them on air and they are cancelling the only 2 I watch. I am so so sad!!!!!

Kristina

ABC SUCKS! It would be so nice that they would lose alot of money from this. Nobody wants another health and food show. Who cares about all of that. We care about All My Children and One Life To Lve.

Kelly

so I guess GH will be the only program I will be watching on your network

Karen Bogue

OMG!!! How could you do this. I love these shows. I've been watching ever since they came on. They are like my family. I haven't cried this much in I don't know when.I will miss them so much. I love all of them so much... I sure want be watching the freakin CHEW!!!

Florida Fan

What a stupid move! Whoever made that decision made a BIG mistake. You're gonna lose a lot of viewers ABC!!!! Who wants another stupid food show. What a bunch of garbage. This is going to upset SO many people. It will show in your daytime ratings. Some other network would be smart to pick these up and let them continue with their storylines.(Soapnet! HELP US!)

Debbie

This is bull****. Why Are you taking our daytime shows that people have watched for decades. There are too many damn talk shows,and people are sick to death of food and health drama.

JD

dont do this i love the shows real talk how will the shows end now let me know

Summer

Well I will no*****ch your replacements ABC, you can count on that. I have watched both All My Childrnd and One Live To Live since they debuted.

Miss. Moore

I really can't believe that ABC would cancel All My Children and One Live To Live, this is the reason why I watch ABC. I bet they will put on some reality show or some other talk show. Well ABC has just lost a lot of viewers, I hope they are happy, I wont be watching anything else that ABC has. There are a lot of shows that ABC could get rid of but they aren't. Why not get rid of General Hospital, it hasn't been good since the 1980s and early 1990s. All they have done is let the Mobsters take over. I think ABC could do better than this.

Tracye

you're kidding me right, I know that you are not about to cancel all my children for another cooking show that won't last a season, come on people get real.

Terry

They researched the wrong people

mary

I am so upset with this. I hope whatever JUNK replaces this FAILS!!!!!!!

debbie

will all my children be aired in the west coast

jackie

Sorry to hear AMC will be gone. I guess there is nothing left for me to watch on ABC All the other programs stink.

NANCY

i've been watching amc for 37 years. just what we need..another cooking show. has abc lost their minds?? i'm not alone when i say that i won't be watching the replacement shows.

Previous 15 Comments | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments