'All My Children,'

'One Life to Live'

CANCELLED

4/14/2011 3:38 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

It's official -- the soap opera era is officially DEAD ... now that ABC has announced they have cancelled "All My Children" and "One Life to Live."

0413-rip-all-mychildren
"All My Children" has been on the air since 1970 ... and "One Life to Live" debuted in 1968.

The only soap remaining on ABC is "General Hospital."

ABC released a statement saying, "Guided by extensive research into what today’s daytime viewers want and the changing viewing patterns of the audience, ABC is evolving the face of daytime television with the launch of two new shows."

The replacement shows will focus on health and food.

Shevonne -- our resident soap opera junkie -- is literally crying in the back of our office right now.

Cathy West

I lived to watch these two shows; recorded them everyday so I could come home from work and relax and watch them to take my mind off my real life. Now, I have to find another means of comfort. ABC, we do not need another self-help show or another show to show us how to make dishes we are never going to try. I have tried recipes on a lot of those shows and they never come out tasting worth a crap!! I want my Soaps back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Deborah Basso

ABC, have you heard of the Food Channel? The replacement show has to do with cooking. I am really going to miss All My Children. The last shows have been sad but really nice to watch. The writers have tied all of the ends together beautifully, but I will still miss all of the characters, even David. I think that the reason AMC was cancel was financial, even though that reason was not stated. I have enjoyed AMC, and BAD ABC, BAD!!!

Joyce R

now there is another black friday i have never been so dissappointed as i am about this i WILL go to the internet and watch you made a bad choice after 41 years you don't have the audience !!!! get real

vicki

why dont you put the soaps on soapnet, since they already on it anyway.

donna

I think that is so rude how dare you take our shows off well i will tell you this i will no*****ch any other stupid show that they put on instead i am so disappointed in you guys for taking off our shows

donna

shame on you for taking off our shows i will no*****ch some stupid show that you put on in place of our shows i am so disappointed in you guys

Cheryl Poier

I know that the television stations cater to the young. What about us seniors who have supported these soaps for over 40 years? Then to insult us by putting on something called The Chew.REALLY. Are you serious?

mcmoreno

I hate you ABC. I have removed you from my Direct TV effective Saturday. You have completely lost your minds. It really is a shame.

Betty Chapa

BRING ALL MY CHILDREN AND ONE LIFE TO LIVE BACK ON ASAP!!! WE LOVE OUR SOAPS. FIND A PLACE FOR THE SHOWS TO CONTINUE ON ON ABC OR SOAP NET....PLEASE.

Jennifer

I think it is bull**** what you are doing ABC!!!! We have enough Health shows and Food shows!!!!!!!!!! Leave our soaps alone!!!!!!!!!!!! Put them back on the air!!!!!!!! You have a lot of stay at home moms out thier and grandparents that are retired that grew up on these shows also!!!! You are ********!!!!!!!!!!

Liz

All I have to say about All My Children"s final episode is that they better have a good reason for ending appearing so much like the Soprano's finale.

Liz

After all of these years of being a loyal fan I get the most terrible ending I have seen since the Sopranos. The Soprano ending didn't hurt as much since I didn't grow up watching it.

Liz

grace miller

I would like to know who all the big shots at abc talked to about getting rid of one life to live and putting another stupid talk/what ever show on I would like to find out how many viewers they will lose over this but we would never find out the truth, I know one to speak of me

David

Are you guys insane?
Isn't there enough of Dr. Oz shows?
I can see by the numbers here that right off the back you are going to lose thousands of ratings.
Your soaps are up to date. Look at the Bully line. You even had characters come in between saying what to do about bullying. That is just one of many things like this you have done.
You should of shown a pilot first. I think everyone would agree you are making a huge mistake.
I knew for sure you were ending OLTL when you killed Todd A MAJOR ARTERY to the show.
Now your crabbing about money, well the new show will cost more with all new sets etc....

WHY ARE YOU NOT LISTENING TO WHAT THE PEOPLE WANT???

GH IS OK BUT IS A FAR CRY FROM AMC AND OLTL!

THINK IT OVER AGAIN,I FOR SURE WILL NOT BE WATCHING THE NEW SHOWS YOU ARE COMING OUT WITH and many people agree.

BAD MOVE.
If after 20-30 years and it works well......
YOU DON'T CHANGE WHATS WORKING!!!
Shoot you don't even care about what the viewers want.
Why I am writing I do not know for you probably wont read one of them!
Shame on you all. This is a greedy move and nothing more.

Previous 15 Comments | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments