'All My Children,'

'One Life to Live'

CANCELLED

4/14/2011 3:38 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

It's official -- the soap opera era is officially DEAD ... now that ABC has announced they have cancelled "All My Children" and "One Life to Live."

0413-rip-all-mychildren
"All My Children" has been on the air since 1970 ... and "One Life to Live" debuted in 1968.

The only soap remaining on ABC is "General Hospital."

ABC released a statement saying, "Guided by extensive research into what today’s daytime viewers want and the changing viewing patterns of the audience, ABC is evolving the face of daytime television with the launch of two new shows."

The replacement shows will focus on health and food.

Shevonne -- our resident soap opera junkie -- is literally crying in the back of our office right now.

Ruby Lindsey

why did it go off like that all these years and that`s how you do it all my children that was crazy.

Dianne

I did not like the way it ended - If just left you hanging

Dianne

Barbara

I will not be watching ABC daytime any more.

connie

Just as well cut your TV off. If you want to watch cooking, go to the cooking shows, its not like there are not any. this sucks.

cheryl

ABC has lost its dam mind AMC is one of the BEST soaps on tv. it has left on a very bad note ,no ending,no sequel, nothing how could they do this to the world. you really need to reconsider and bring them back. this is real bulls**t!

Debra Robinson

ABC will probly lose rating on this decision--when all housework is done that is the time alot of us parents call our time, to escape the world that we live in. Is it true that it will be on internet and if so-when will it start. Saying goodbye to those two shows is like saying good-bye to family.

jenn

i think the new shows suck,,,,give us our soaps

Yvonne Blas

so what happens no all my children and one to life to live I grew up watching those two shows with my mom shes retireing and i am 52

Asanders

this sucks soo bad that they cancelled AMC, not only that my mother watched AMC (All My Children) when she was pregnant with me & I grew up watching AMC & my daughter has watched AMC with me as well! I'm 40, & All My Children has been on when my mother worked at the Pentagon! I looked forward to my DVD everyday of AMC & my !4 yr old daughter would ask me questions about the episodes! You have DESTROYED A FAMILY TRADITION! Did you ever think about that!? Angela Sanders, Very upset. I wathched The Chew for about 10 minutes today & it sucked! Will no*****ch another blah blah show about cooking again! I hope ABC goes bankrupt since they not only want to cancel
All My Children & Deparate Housewives! Wanting to cancel all my favorite shows! Boycotting ABC, will watch FOX 5 instead! You people suck for cancelling my favorite shows!

jenny lynne

I have been watching these shows for years and i cant believe they are being cancelled? There are people out there that still like the old fashioned soap operas iam apauled that it will be replaced by food and health?leave us with some reminders of our good times when life was free and happy now we live day to day broke and unsafe.

lynda

F*** *** ABC!!!

D. Panopulos

The show that replaced "all my children" sucks! There are still a lot of us out here that love soaps.....particularly "all My Children". It is terrible replacing it with a garbage gut show!

RU kidding

Wow ABC, have you read any of these comments. Sounds like typical corp America. It is cheaper to produce reality TV. And most of them if not all are Crap TV. I guess TV is really becoming something of the past as if my only choice for daytime viewing is more crap then I am glad i work. I have watched the daytime dramas on ABC off and on for years. Recorded off and on for years, but my DVR will now get a rest as I wont be turning into your new line up, as I don't care what the chew is cooking, I won't be tasting. Then of course after chewing the fat, we get to watch how to lose it......GOOD LUCK WITH your new line up...from the comments I have read, you won't have much of a viewership....Need to get away Brian

Carolyn

If they were going to cancel the show why all of the cliffhangers at the end????? I also heard that the show would continue on the internet? I am so sad, been watching on and off for 30 years. The shows that replaced it suck.

vonlisa1

This is a shame!!! No matter what you replace these shows with, you can't make people eat healthy if they choose not too. Who's to say that they are going to watch this?!! In most cases, they are going to turn the television off or to another station. All My Children and One Life to Live have been around for along time.I can remember when I was little watching these shows. I have watched some of the characters grow up, old, and in some cases die. Why you didn't take General Hospital and the young and the restless off? Please oh please return my two shows back!!

Previous 15 Comments | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments