'All My Children,'

'One Life to Live'

CANCELLED

4/14/2011 3:38 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

It's official -- the soap opera era is officially DEAD ... now that ABC has announced they have cancelled "All My Children" and "One Life to Live."

0413-rip-all-mychildren
"All My Children" has been on the air since 1970 ... and "One Life to Live" debuted in 1968.

The only soap remaining on ABC is "General Hospital."

ABC released a statement saying, "Guided by extensive research into what today’s daytime viewers want and the changing viewing patterns of the audience, ABC is evolving the face of daytime television with the launch of two new shows."

The replacement shows will focus on health and food.

Shevonne -- our resident soap opera junkie -- is literally crying in the back of our office right now.

Previous 15 Comments | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88

debrapetrovic

Don't we have enough reality, health and food shows airing now as it is? I mean how many more health and food shows can we take? Theres so many out there its really a joke! I personally am very upset about the only 2 shows I look forward to watching dailing (All My Children and One Life to Live) are cancelled due to more health and food shows that we don't need! Who's next General Hospital?

jenny

unbelievable those were my favorites

janelujan

Sick of the way they just took them off the air. I don't want another talk show so very sick of them..I won't watch them I guess now its time to turn in on other staions to watch soaps .. When will GH get the axe????

Barbara Peters

I hate that you have taken the two best soaps off the air.. There is only so much of fixer up people and cook shows that you can see. So now I watch CBS in the AM and then turn the TV off.

Matt Adler

you people are morons. those shows are awful. Im so glad that crap was cancelled. anyone who can watch a show where shameless product placement and promotions are worked into the story should be wiped clean from the planet. The producers of these shows have no respect for their audience. Theyre making fun of you all the way to the bank.

jewelsr55

I think it is stupid and i hope ABC pays for taking off All My Children and One Life to Live....I refuse to watch the stupid cooking shows and all the Doctor crap !!!! I will not help with there ratings that is for sure.........

Previous 15 Comments | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88