Courteney Cox:

David ALWAYS Tried To Sex Me

4/14/2011 1:23 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Courteney Cox just crashed the Howard Stern show this morning ... while her estranged husband David Arquette was in the studio ... and admitted there were problems with the marriage because David was so obsessed with having sex with her.

Courteney Cox

For the first time since they announced their split, Cox and Arquette gave a joint explanation about their break-up ... and Courteney explained, "Whenever I would like need consoling from David ... he could not literally put his arm around me for one second without completely getting a boner."

Howard responded, "I think I know what you're saying ... in other words, you'd like to know you're not always the sex object." Courteney agreed.

When Stern asked if the two would ever get back together -- David made it clear he WANTED to reconcile ... but Courteney insisted they were better off apart.

Courteney also told Howard she has not had sex with anyone since the split -- including her "Cougar Town" co-stars.

Lori

Way too much information on the sex life.

Go David, go finds some chicky who wants to have sex 24/7, Courtney is obviously pre-menopausal and is losing interest (can't blame her it's biological) Plus...dude...take a bath, clean that sh*t up and maybe she would be attracted to you.

Davey-Boy

WOW, as others have said. Davey Boy has a high sex drive. Damn, how tragic.

GG

David is a child. Courteney is a mature woman. After a while, a woman needs a real man, not some idiot. They are not destined to stay together. Courteney has grown way beyond what David can give.

mh

for anyone that is interested, you really should listen to the audio. it was pretty amazing and intense to hear two people be so open about their problems.

Joshua

OOOH god he was really that into her. Oh I guess it could be worse like he didnt want anything to do with her.

zoolady

It's too bad she won't give him another chance. I think she SHOULD.

PRO US

Why are they airing their past sex life or lack of it? Looks like they're trying to promote interest in their new horror film sequel and she wants to bash him in public. He wanted a lot more sex than she did. That made for a dysfunctional marriage. Like some others said, they seem like opposite personality types. He's an fun-loving, extroverted party-goer. She's a serious, controlling introvert.

JJ

Yeah. Courtney should get together with a man that would really take care of here. Like, Mike Tyson.

adelle

That's her biggest complaint? That he gets a boner? Not that he beats her, or cheats on her, or drinks too much, but because he gets a boner? uh huh...ok then. Someone's picky. I don't mind it if my bf gets a boner lol. Then again I'm not a 40-something dried up hag so that could be it.

ZRGB

I don't mean to sound like a freak but if u marry someone, ur supposed to be willing to do them. If he wants to have sex with her when they're together, that means he's attracted to her. Sex in a marriage is healthy for the marriage. I have sex with my husband whenever he wants it because I'm just as attracted to him as he is t me. Get over urself Courtney. Having sex would have consoled her really well. No wonder he cheated on her. It's not about being seen as an object. It's about being 2 adults who want each other's bodays!

JJ

Don't worry Courtney. Five more years, and NOBODY will get a boner from you.

Myron

God she is full of herself. She is pasty, unattractive and annoying. She should be glad anyone wants her at all.

DANEgerus

I don't know where the presumption of sympathy for Courteney Cox comes from. She isn't very nice. End of Story.

Mel

That's because she doesn't like sex! She's a prude just like her buddy Jen, why do you think Jen couldn't keep Brad Pitt or any other boyfriend?? Now she'll be hitting menapause in a few years!

MoniqueV

stern show has been on fire for past few weeks - her walking in on the news and surprising stern was cherry on the sundae - so great