Brooke Mueller's Mom:

Brooke's Just a Pawn!

4/15/2011 2:40 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Brooke Mueller's mom claims there's an explanation for Brooke's bizarre behavior in the pawn shop yesterday -- telling TMZ, her daughter was probably selling off some stuff for a friend .... AS A FAVOR.

0415_Moira_Fiore_brooke_mueller_GETTY_TMZ_EX
The good Samaritan excuse isn't passing muster with two of Brooke's friends, who tell TMZ she's fallen off the wagon and COMPLETELY disappeared.

But Brooke's mom Moira Fiore is adamant .... claiming she knows exactly where Brooke is -- although when we asked her about Brooke's possible drug use, she didn't know anything.

Also, we're told Brooke's cell phone is turned off.

TMZ got video of a very skittish Brooke at the L.A. pawn shop Thursday -- and things didn't look too good.

Tammy

Charlie IS, HAS and ALWAYS will be the BETTER parent in this mix.

Cecilia

I'm confused about her needing to pawn anything given the monthly checks she must get from Charlie. I understand a person can blow through a lot of money, but THAT much?!

I have to wonder if part of her financial agreement with Charlie is that the money she gets from him is watched very, very closely and has a lot of stipulations.

ksis

@Tammy

SING IT!!!

ksis

Cecilia less than a minute ago

***************************

That's pretty certain that the money IS watched considering her condition.

suza271

ksis is right. There's no way she's able to touch the money.

Also, didn't I see her taking off a piece of jewelry in the video and giving it to the clerk? I thought I saw her take something off her wrist.

If it was for a "friend" why was she wearing the piece of jewelry?

This is EXACTLY what addicts do. I've done it, and seen alot of people I know do it (I'm in recovery). They disappear with nothing, no plan, except some random (stolen) stuff to pawn and go to a drug den to use. I wouldn't be surprised if we found Brooke holed up in the ghetto.

Eastender

I'm sorry, but if Brooke was so innocent, she'd be out and about today. Instead she's probably in some Motel 6 with a needle in her arm. Who pawns stuff for friends (when we saw her take the watch off her own arm). She's a drug addict - period.

Marcelo Rebelo

Yes... cocaine is a hell of drug!

TMZgossip

the "friend" must be capri anderson, cause she was trying to pawn Charlie's watch!!!

Truth

Test, test, testing.. drugs (in a pawn shop).

yo

Brooke's excuses are almost as sad as Charlie's, like his "allergic reactions" etc.

One thing is for absolute certain:

Charlie must NEVER have ANY custody.

If they have to take them away from Brooke, so be it, but Charlie must Never have them ever in his pathetic short life, unless he has major overhaul.

miss tia

brooke was a drug addict way before she even met charlie....

yo

and Charlie was a drug addict way before he even met Brooke...

suza271

I mean, don't get me wrong, I feel for the girl. I actually believe she WANTS to get clean. But, she's having a hard time with the disease. It is hard. Don't let anyone tell you differently. And, I do believe Charlie played a part in getting her to where she is today. It sounded like they fed off of each other and she probably upped her drug use big time.

From what they discribed she was on Vikes and smoking crack. One used as an upper and the other to come down. I'm sure she's on oxy too. Hopefully they got her some soboxone. Or else the w/d is hell.

carol

This is why your druggie daughter isn't taking responsibility for her actions because she has a MOM who is lying through her teeth rather than take responsibility. Rather lie that be truthful right???? You are a waste too MOM

Cecilia

So that the siblings are raised as a unit - I think Denise Richards should get the kids.

Holy crap, did I just say that aloud?