Mario Batali -- Don't Blame ME For Killing The Soaps!

4/15/2011 2:20 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Super chef Mario Batali -- who's starring in one of the shows replacing "All My Children" and "One Life to Live" -- has a serious reality check for soap-heads ... IT'S OVER!!!041511_mario_batali_still

Batali was on his way out of Spago yesterday -- when he dished out some straight talk to our soap-obsessed photog yesterday ... and then added, "I certainly don't want anyone out of a job ... I love everybody that works in the industry."

Batali is hosting a new daytime talk show called, "The Chew" ... which will follow "The View."

Adieu.

Previous 15 Comments | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11

Nancy Wizner

Mario needs to take his show to the Food Network. We might watch it there, but definitely NOT on ABC.

Me 2

Sorry Mario, but we won't be watching The Chew or any other show that replaces our soaps. However, we will be boycotting any sponsors that advertise on ABC.

Me 2

Sorry Mario, but we won't be watching The Chew or any other show that replaces our soaps. However, we will be boycotting sponsors that choose to advertise on ABC. Stay on the Food Network!

Dori

I predict you will be canceled in a New York minute.SUCH A SHAME THAT FANS OF OLTL AND AMC WILL PROBABLY TAKE FOREVER TO GET OVER. TRULY A MOURNING TIME. JUST SUCKS INPLAIN ENGLISH

lexx

Very few are that interested in exploring food from every aspect. How many ways are you going to explore broccoli. Maybe if you use it like a sex toy??? -- if no, honestly, how boring.

I'll be LMAO when your show gets canceled.

snook

Linda, the cancellation of AMC and OLTL has nothing to do with the White House or the First Lady. You wish you looked as good as she does. The replacement shows are cheaper to produce and ABC has only itself to blame if the ratings for the soaps are down. All the networks just had to televise the OJ trial and just forgot about the soaps and their fans that weren't interested in the trial. Also, the writing of the shows has just gone down the drain and the loss of some of our favorite stars. I will miss the shows deeply but I will stay true to GH and will also continue to watch DAYS. I wish the best to the stars, staff and crew at AMC and OLTL. You have really entertained me over the years. God bless all of you and your families.

Brynda

Don't count on me watching your show, have no interest in another cooking show, reality show or signing show. CBS here I come. Way to many of all of the above and they have ruined TV. I get more reading done now. Sorry boys but you pissed off a very large group of people.

Sueb126@aol.com

There's a reason why they picked this replacement for all my children. Cheap. How do they think that this show would ever contribute to a healthy lifestyle. Mario you must come cheap, because I can't imagine paying top dollar for someone who presents themselves as poorly as you. No thanks. Will never watch

JANP

Thank goodness, some of those aged soaps are gone!!! mario will be a great replacement!

Marilyn

Mario .... I don't know who you think will be watching your show. It certainly isn't going to be anyone who loves AMC or OLTL. (Here's hoping Frons is using the big bucks he's saving to buy you an audience for The Chew. If I were you, I wouldn't quit my day job just yet)

Does anyone think it's idiotic to replace a show people have cared about for 41 years with a cooking show?????

Fran Barone

My Husband and I went to his Restaurant in Las Vegas called B&B Restorante. It was the worst food we ever had. The waiter recomended the steak he said it would melt in our mouths. Well first I couldn't even cut it then I had to ask for a steak knife it seams you dont get one unless you ask for it. The steak was so tough, fatty and had a lot of veins. Oh yes by the way the steak was $120.00 everything was ala cart the soda was $5.00 a glass needless to say we had more then one glass we found that out wehen we got our $226.47 check. My mistake was giving the waiter $35.00 tip. How stupid was I. Total bill came to $261.47.

Zotz

Batali looks like he takes HUGE SMELLY CRAPS and then prepares food without washing his hands.

Moonshine

What an arrogant,fat pig!! I wouldn*****ch 1 one minute of that show-he is a chef,not an actor or entertainer.Get back in the ktichen where you belong-dont worry! You SOON will know how the soap industry feels- your stupid show wont last 6 months!! THEN you can ask AMC veterans what it takes to make an hour show 5 days a week last for 41 YEARS!!!!

Ann

You all really need to get a life. Do you really believe that the network cancelled the hundred year old soap because Mario wanted The Chew? I have seen only one episode of the chew and I loved it and will watch it everyday. Find something else to do with your time besides bashing The Chew. Clean your house, cook for your kids, do some charitable work. Take a walk out in the sun and thank God for the world we have.

air_z

Batali is a walking walrus that really needs to take off the shirt and look in the mirror for a reality check. Less kitchen, more treadmill you whale.

Previous 15 Comments | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11