Mario Batali -- Don't Blame ME For Killing The Soaps!

4/15/2011 2:20 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Super chef Mario Batali -- who's starring in one of the shows replacing "All My Children" and "One Life to Live" -- has a serious reality check for soap-heads ... IT'S OVER!!!041511_mario_batali_still

Batali was on his way out of Spago yesterday -- when he dished out some straight talk to our soap-obsessed photog yesterday ... and then added, "I certainly don't want anyone out of a job ... I love everybody that works in the industry."

Batali is hosting a new daytime talk show called, "The Chew" ... which will follow "The View."

Adieu.

two cents

Yet another cooking show? Dont they have a food channel for that crap. I won't be watching it, I couldn't care less.

dave r

looks like someones evil twin killed their sister's brother's mother, ex father in law's son's brother. lol. get a life! about time!

One Timer

The Chew?? Seriously? First of all it is typical of ABC to kill a show that is making them money and has millions of fans! But to eliminate two of ABC daytime TV's longest running shows is a sure sign of just how out of touch Brian Fron is with the viewers of his own Network, let alone TV viewers in general.. Sign petitions (plural, because you never know which one the network will see) and make yourself heard!Any idiot who thinks a show called The Chew will be watched over soaps deserves to lose his job!

O-Dog2GX

My mom has been watching ABC Daytime since before it was called that. Actually at the beginning, when Susan Lucci was like 19-20 yrs old(I've heard this too much.)

brenda

The Chew and The View? phhheeeewww!

carolyn

People still watch the soaps, they dust don't watch them at home. Like me, I watch at work on my lunch break on my computer just as others do where I work and a lot DVR it and watch it when they get home so these people don't show up as watching the show and it looks like viewing is down. I look forward to watching All My Children every day but won't watch ABC now.

O-Dog2GX

Theave those food shows on ABC,NBC and FOX already. WGAF about more of 'em?

Lucy McGil

Just what we need....another cooking show!!! Isn't America fat enough!!!

linda

I won't be watching the new shows on abc. Do we really need some fat bastard cooking? If we cook like him will we look like him?

chet williams

this guy is a disgusting lard ass who needs to take a ****ing shower and get a ****iing hair cut. nobody wants to see obese people cook.. or eat

SherryR

HE is going to SAVE ABC???

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Frons has lost his last bean. Why doesn't Frons just admit that he hates soaps?

So let me get this straight: News until 9. Talk shows until noon. News until 1. Talk shows until 3. GH on at 3 (THANK GOD). Talk shows until 5. News until 7. Entertainment talk until primetime. I think I will gag with getting "talked" to death. At least CBS has a couple game shows and NBC has some "judge-ing." ABC is killing itself off. I feel bad for GH because ABC's line up will be GH's death. And THAT my friends, will be a very, very sad day for soaps and the soap genre.

Any chance that Oprah's OWN, Lifetime or Soapnet will step up, TMZ??

the DQ

Well, if that fat jackass is replacing one of the referenced shows, that network lost me as a viewer.

Toasty J

I feel my arteries clogging as I watch this video.

JeffTheFan

I stopped watching soaps when they started "jumping the shark". The far-fetched stuff on shows like "Days of Our Lives"--doppelgangers killing off their good lookalikes, for example--just turned me off. I would have preferred at least one game show, but to each his own, and, obviously, the network has spoken.

Sundae

No one is home when soaps are on. And if they are home they are probably doing something productive. No one will watch the new shows either. Day time tv is a waste.