Mario Batali -- Don't Blame ME For Killing The Soaps!

4/15/2011 2:20 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Super chef Mario Batali -- who's starring in one of the shows replacing "All My Children" and "One Life to Live" -- has a serious reality check for soap-heads ... IT'S OVER!!!041511_mario_batali_still

Batali was on his way out of Spago yesterday -- when he dished out some straight talk to our soap-obsessed photog yesterday ... and then added, "I certainly don't want anyone out of a job ... I love everybody that works in the industry."

Batali is hosting a new daytime talk show called, "The Chew" ... which will follow "The View."

Adieu.

ocgirl

he did kill the soaps, he ate them. :)

Chy

I won't be watching any of the new shows. I'm sick to death of talk TV and cooking shows. It's all one Whine and Dine blubber-fest.

Darcy

Maybe he should join "The Revolution." Seems like for health sake he can shed a few pounds.

Starling

I'm not into self-denial. The few ABC shows I like, I will continue to watch. I will not, however, watch one second of any new ABC show, day or primetime. What I don't know, I won't miss.

There were a lot of ways to go. ABC decided on the wrong one.

Mr. X

Don't worry, Mario.

You'll be out of a job soon enough when YOUR show tanks.

And then who will be laughing?

MoreHotBratPlease

I won't be watching his fat pompous rear. Eff you Mario and the Fronsian horse you rode in on. ABCD is dead to me and the bad karma you just unleashed on yourself will be well deserved.

Whip It

THIS IS Q & A
THAT I FELT THE NEED TO RESPOND TO PROPAGANDA FROM A COMMENT
@ C 38 minutes ago

OMG - you crazy jobless freaks! Do you have any idea of how the industry works? CHEW YOU UP AND SPIT YOU AS PER INDUSTRY USUAL
"THE INDUSTRY AS YOU PUT IT" Clicky, much?! ARE YOU A SNOBBY INSIDER? AND IF YOU HAVE SUCH A LIFE WHY ARE YOU ON TMZ HYPOCRITE MUCH...BAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
YOU SHOULDN'T ASSUME THAT PEOPLE ARE CRAzY JOBLESS FREAKS.
AND IF SOME OF US ARE, SO WHAT! BECAUSE WE ARE THE VIEWER'S!
EVERYONE IS AWARE THAT THE MADONNA'S AND OTHER CELBS AKA PSEUDO-intellectuals DON'T WATCH TELEVISION. SO HAVE RESPECT FOR THE COMMON FOLK. BECAUSE WE COMMON PEOPLE WATCH 24/7. WORD, SNAP CRACKLE POP.
GEEZ I FEEL SO ENLIGHTENED THAT YOUR GOING TO TELL US ABOUT HOW "THE INDUSTRY WORKS" LOLz

like Mario just walked into a meeting with the exec's and said I have a show and so you need to cancel some soaps??? That's not how the world works. YES YOUR CORRECT MARIO TAKEN THE JOB DIDN'T HE?! A WILLING TOOL...IT'S CALLED INTEGRITY, JUST SAY NO! THINK OF THE HUNDREDS OF PEOPLE LOSING THEIR JOB, WHAT A BLOODBATH. THE ACTORS AND STAFF WHERE BLINDSIDED BY THE NEWS.
BROKEN UP/FIRED VIA VIDEO TAPE AND OR TEXT.
GOSH NOW YOUR GOING TO SCHOOL US HOW THE WORLD WORKS. EVER LIVE IN A COMMUNIST COUNTRY...etc.

It's like your favorite store going out of business and then you going in and telling the new store owner that he's a creep and he shouldn't have let the other guy go out of business.
NOT QUITE THE SAME. APPLES AND ORANGES MUCH?! BECAUSE NOTHING WAS WRONG WITH THE AMC & OLTL STORE. JUST THE POWERS THAT BE TRYING TO SHOVE PROPAGANDA IN OUR LIVING ROOMS/HOMES.

It's nuts! YES CANCELING TWO SHOWS WITH LUCRATIVE SPONSORS AND DEDICATED VIEWERS IS NUTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Call the network if you want to get your show back on.
THANKS FOR THE INFO AS MANY HAVE AND WILL CONTINUE =)

Mario - is cool as hell. HE'S MORE THAN COOL! "COLDBLOODED"

I've met him and known people who work for him and they all loved him. GOSH??!! WE ARE ALL STAR STUCK THAT YOU MET mario =D BROWN NOSING MUCH ROFL

Mario - I think you are fantastic! SELLOUT, much?!
YOUR JUST A COW FOLLOWING THE HERD. A JUDAS AND HIS TOOLBAGS.

P.S. ALL THE WOMEN IN MY FAMILY LITERALLY CRYING AGE RAGING FROM 18-65 YRS. OLD

P.S. SHUCKS, I ADMIT MY DVR IS SET ON AUTOMATIC RECORD TO ALL OF THE ABC SOAPS I WATCH AT NIGHT WITH MY LADY. WE HAD GOOD TIMES. YEAH, @ C CALL ME FREAKY 'CAUSE I LIKE TO WATCH SOAP OPERAS.

P.S. 2 I HEARD SOMETHING CLEVER TODAY: "WHEN YOUR ON YOUR DEATHBED AND REACH YOUR HAND OUT YOU WANT A REAL HAND CONNECTED TO A PERSON OF WARTH, LOVE, COMFORT AND COMPASSION, NOT PAPER MONEY, A DOLLAR BILL ALOT THAT'S GOING TO DO FOR YOU THEN, SIR.

~whip it

jackpot

I love OLTL show abc will go down because mario was on food channel his rating were no good give it one month, hopefully nbc picks up prime time oltl. I think people aren't going to watch the two new shows abc get a life you'll regret this .Is this about contract neg pay. so sad .

Angie

No one is going to watch his new show anyway,so let him flap his lips now,because it won't be long and his show will be going off the air also.

Ashley

Are you kidding me. What a joke. I would never watch this man. As far as ratings the network has got to be out of their minds thinking a show like this would not be a flop. This will not last and will be cancelled before you know it. The soaps have dominated the daytime slots and ABC is wrong to think that anything other than a soap would last in these prime spots. If ratings are that bad maybe they should look at the content within the shows and change up some of the writers and get some new ideas going. Another thing they need to realize is that some fans like myself are not actually able to watch during the day but I definitely watch either on the internet or on soap net channel. The fans are still out there and now ABC will lose them forever with these changes.

SUSAN

When AMC and OLTL go off the air, I will no longer watch ABC programming !!! I am surely not interested in watching a fat chef !!!!! Brian Fons needs to be cancelled !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

molly4

I have watched One Life To Live for 20 years- NEVER will will I watch this FAT Person in orange crocks!!!!!!

sick of it

I'd rather watch Qunicy reruns

tellmeaboutit

Oh good. At least soap lovers can be comforted by the thought that yet another fat, obnoxious ahole that they never heard of will replace their programs. Garbage in, garbage out tv. ABC and their garbage can kiss my (and many others) a$$. I don't watch crap at night, and I sure won't be watching it in the daytime.

Elroy

Screw the chew! I'll never watch that fat f***!
Way to go ABC - produce more crap. I guess no one will care when it gets preempted by the president, or march madness, or some stupid NYC parade!