Dog Chapman Posts Bond for Nic Cage

4/16/2011 6:11 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Nic Cage has friends in high places ... TMZ has learned it was Duane "Dog" Chapman who posted the bond for Cage today.

0416_dog_chapman_nic_Cage_EX
As TMZ first reported, Cage was arrested this morning in New Orleans on charges of domestic violence and disturbing the peace after an alleged argument with his wife Alice.

Sources tell TMZ they were the ones who helped get Nic out of jail -- he was being held on $11,000 bond.

Beth alluded to the bail out, posting on her Twitter, "My guy just walked out of the jail damn new Orleans 8 hours holy cow that's a lot of time to Process one guy."

tigerblood

nicholas cage can shut down this comment section...what now?

HoTMZ

Poor Nic...hope people leave him alone to clear up his business...love dog!!

Sincerity

What a shame! I saw him earlier this year in "Season of the Witch" and really enjoyed the movie. He's very talented and should have taken NOPD's advice. They deal with "drunk and disorderly" tourists 24/7. Behaving like a real "pain the azz" didn't help matters. The money he's going to have to spend to rectify this situation could have been spent on his other debts. I wish only the best of luck!

Sincerity

*********************CORRECTED POST****************************

What a shame! I saw him earlier this year in "Season of the Witch" and really enjoyed the movie. He's very talented and should have taken NOPD's advice. They deal with "drunk & disorderly" tourists 24/7. Behaving like a real "pain in the azz" didn't help matters. The money he's going to have to spend to rectify this situation could have been spent on his other debts. I only wish him the best of luck!!!

South Beach

Interesting that Cage couldn't raise the $$ for such a small bail. One too many rundown castle purchases apparently.

Dog Chapman. Go figure. Creative advertising.

Paul R

Nick Cage,total loser......

TheReal

First of all anyone can bail you out in New Orleans without your knowledge or consent. OPP (Orleans Parish Prison) is so corrupt that they have to hold you in jail for a certain amount of time to get paid for you being there. Yes they get paid for holding inmates. SMH. OAN: Cage was lost he thought the renter property he was in front of was the one he had rented that's why he pushed his wife. And yes both were intoxicated, which is perfectly acceptable on Bourban Street. New Orleans just wants money.

Jamesw2

Alice From the Honeymooners 'one of these days, Alice, i'm gonna'

jadey

@tigerblood

Which part didn't you understand?

Trish

The Dawg is gonna come for Nick brah. If Nick runs, it's gonna be hilarious.

Becca

efnsteve 11 hours ago ARTOFWAR 23 minutes ago

...Most women, and I use the word (women) loosely in context, anyway, most American women of today under the age of 38, not only merit just any ordinary old-style beating, but an intensive, all-inclusive, and exhaustive one....Artofwar
================================================================You are an ass. FU. I am currently preparing my husband's breakfast and a nice lunch, as I've showered my 123 lb body and long hair.

Off to the gym, before my 7:00 shift begins. I'm an ER nurse, and I see horrible injuries every day.

Hope to see you one day.

datruth

What a piece oF **** the white trash, half bald piece of crap bails nic cage out but left his daughter in jail, he needs to go back

me

It's kind of strange.....he wouldn't post bail for his own daugther...but offered it for a celebrity....seems like someone cares about the fame only!!!!

SISI

PUBLICTY

radicalred

Beth is an obnoxious cow. She bragged about leaving Dog's daughter in jail but couldn't wait to throw the bail for Nic Cage -- someone she probably doesn't even know personally. What a sk.anky b.i.tch.

Can't stand Dog or his beastly woman. She refers to his kids as hers (if I was their real mom I'd be slapping the taste out of her mouth). She insisted on proceeding with her A&E orchestrated wedding even though Dog's oldest daughter died in a car accident earlier in the day. Who does that?

I wish she'd take her smack-talking, trailer trash a$$ back to Colorado where she belongs. They don't even allow her to bounty-hunt in CO because she's got felony convictions for passing bad checks and identity theft. And Dog -- BUTTON YOUR SHIRT! No one wants to see that s-hi-t!