Dog Chapman Posts Bond for Nic Cage

4/16/2011 6:11 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Nic Cage has friends in high places ... TMZ has learned it was Duane "Dog" Chapman who posted the bond for Cage today.

0416_dog_chapman_nic_Cage_EX
As TMZ first reported, Cage was arrested this morning in New Orleans on charges of domestic violence and disturbing the peace after an alleged argument with his wife Alice.

Sources tell TMZ they were the ones who helped get Nic out of jail -- he was being held on $11,000 bond.

Beth alluded to the bail out, posting on her Twitter, "My guy just walked out of the jail damn new Orleans 8 hours holy cow that's a lot of time to Process one guy."

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7

Dennis Johnson

I from NO and he is lucky he did not get his ass kicked by the police........

gemini81

They must have met when they were both getting their nasty weaves done at the same place.

vickiheart

Thanks Dog and Beth,I truly have been watching your show since it started and was one of the first.I have watched you all evolve each season.Love Beth and new changes.You all are good people and Nic Cage is a hoot and a great actor,don't know if you know him personally or not buts thanks for helping him out,I feel hes allowed to be one of us non-perfect people and go out and have troubles I guess once in awhile,even if he is famous he is still just like most of real people in the world.Just thanks for being yourselves and being cool and doing the right thing.Let him get rowdy once in awhile most of us show our butts sometimes.Real people do,we just don't have to put up with the press like you all do(sorry).First time I have ever commented on anything on-line!Thank You Vicki

Justin

Dog! I misjudged you. Please forgive me.

Peter Sc

He should have used his money to take of his own family and bail his daughter out.

adam

As a bondsman i can tell you 8hrs is somewhat typical for booking an inmate. And how does Nick cage not have a measly 11K? thats poor money management right there.

SUNIA3

The Chapmans are Bonding Agents, that's what they do. Cage's wife is not a Bonding agent. Cage is a friend, so of course they would bond him out. Family members go to a bonding company or put up all the money in cash.

amy stevens

I'm just trying to find out, how the hell does he get out of jail on a weekend????? I'm born and raised in new orleans, Everybody knows once u in jail on a weekend you can not get out till Monday!!! This is the stuff that makes me really mad, how the hell he can get out of jail on a weekend but nobody else can?I'm printing this story, If he can post out on a weekend then anyone else should be able too.. He wanted to act like a new orleans person,acting an ass and getting arrested, thats fine, but pay the price everyone else in NOLA does, sit your ass in there till Monday... Another example of how Celebrites get away with everything. I just dont get it....... but that NOLA for you too 11m bail, love to see where that money is going... dirty cops and dirty new orleans for ya.

Crawfish King

Beth you & that s***bag husband are idiots. 8 hours?? He should have gotten arrested during Mardi Gras down here. See how long it take then. Stay out of New Orleans with your trailer park selves and if you want PR, go to Hollywood or keep it to your trash bag show.

chris

TMZ, you guys need to hire better copy editors!!! You say, "they were the ones who helped get Nic out of jail" without first explaining who the second person in "they' was. Only after that sentence do you mention "Beth", who we are forced to presume is Dog's wife since you don't identify who Beth is. I know this is a big news day following a big news weekend, but that's no excuse for sloppy writing and editing.

Gary Pillsbury

I do agree with Beth Chapman that eight hours is a long time to bail one man out,but I would like to send a message to Nicholas Cage. "Don't mess with the Dog! He don't take no crap! If you have seen his shows,you know that he don't mess around with the bail jumpers!" Treat him right and he will give you the respect that you need,mess with him and he will tear you right up and spit you out!

steve morton

this blog is good and nice and i have gain more knowledge from that visit us http://housekeeping-jobs.com/

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7