"Teen Mom" Star -- Lights, Camera, Divorce!

4/17/2011 2:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

"Teen Mom 2" star Leah Messer cried on cue as she read over divorce papers while hanging out with a friend -- and an MTV camera crew -- in Elkview, WV yesterday.

0417_leah_mesner_splash
Bad life decisions equal good ratings.

Sally

Teen Mom 2 is the fourth highest rated show on cable. Jersey Shore was #1, followed by 2 nights of WWE, followed by TEEN MOM 2. MILLIONS watch that show, and are getting pregnant, trying to be on that show.

jessicca

this is sad , i want to know where mtv was when i was prego @ 16 , this kids wish they new what LIFE was like with a kid , how can u become FAMOUS just by having a kid being payed 250k or 9k for a season , now teen's want to be like them , thinking having babys is fun , why not show how they got up @ 2Am or how most kids never finish school or even make it to collage .. it's just sad what ppl will put on t.v , and even more sad @ how leah is acting , grow up and be with him , this is probable for mtv rates ..

Muppet

I think it's a huge mistake as a society to refer to these young girls that make horrible life decisions and are clearly uneducated about teen pregnancy, "stars". It gives other impressionable teens the idea that regardless of how much it messes up their lives or how hard it will make their lives that they will become stars with the right opportunity. It's just wrong!
If you want to show young people the reality of teen pregnancy go visit some that have children 2 or 3 years old struggling to put food on the table, living in run down shacks with no shoes on their children's feet! That's the reality for alot of them. Don't glamourize it!!

ashley

I do not by it first off for someone whos gettin divorced why is her ring still on, second why would anyone wit a heart cry on cue about something that in real life hurts and is not fun to go through, i mean let it go, they get divorced doesnt mean oh lets make it headline new. no offense she not a celebrity she is a human who has a life to live just like everyone else.

icantbelieveitsnotbutter

What a world we live in where we have a SAEMP (School Age Expectant Mothers Program). Taken from her page at http://leahdawnmesser.weebly.com/

We have a serious problem in the USA. END WELFARE (or limit it to the FIRST child you have while unmarried)! So we can stop supporting these worthless childen having children.

I am sick and tired of my tax dollars supporting these uneducated and immoral youth of today.

YOUNG PEOPLE! LISTEN UP! QUIT HAVING KIDS! YOU NEED TO STOP TAKING THE EASY WAY OUT WITH WELFARE ASSISTANCE. WHERE WOULD YOU BE IF THE PEOPLE WHO ACTUALLY WORK IN THIS COUNTRY STOP PAYING TAXES TO SUPPORT YOU AND YOUR LITTER OF PUPS?

Have sex, but geez, be smart about it. Condoms are free to most teens these days!

Kelley

While all you post your witty little comments there are twin girls (one with possible developmental issues) in the middle. Shame on MTV, TMZ, and every other media source that's profiting from this.

SarahTime80

So you guys have problems with these girls being "stars" but what about "stars" like Paris Hilton and Kim Kardashian? They are famous for being famous, partying all night, and having sex tapes. You have problems with us glorifying the cast of Teen Mom for making bad life choices but isn't that exactly what we're doing with Charlie Sheen? Don't have double standards.

Mandy

Awwww I was rooting for them :( i wish their beautiful family the best

Made it Past 27

probably did this for ratings (or their own spin off). they will get back together in the season finale

EntertainerExtraordinare

Ah nuts to this, I'll move down to rural West Virginia & take care of her & those kids, I wouldn't yell or curse at her or anything. I'll work & do whatever it takes to make sure her & those kids are happy. I'm crazy for her. She knows she made a HUGE mistake from the get go & if she could take it all back, I think she would in a heartbeat. She had everything going for her, then BAM!

Peaches

Next she'll be posing for Playboy or some other mag . Mark my words!

amy

Man why in the hell be on tv anyway?

Sunday

Hey you should check out whyhedidntcall.com, its such a cool and funny site about men and what they think about dating and women. Check it out for a good laugh and a good read.

nitsuD

Man I didn't know she was getting divorced. I just watched the teen mom after show with Dr. Drew and she was on there with her husband and they were saying stuff like they were very happy and they wouldn't know how to live without each other etc. Now he divorces her! Hell she needs someone else anyways I mean the guy called her at work over and over again because he couldn't change his own daughters diaper!!!!! WHAT A DOUCHEBAG

Sara

That's not funny...if my husband would spend 19000$ that was for my baby's medical bills, you can be sure I would throw his ass off the curb too!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments