Denise Richards To Charlie & Brooke's Rescue

4/19/2011 10:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Denise Richards called Charlie Sheen last Thursday and offered to take informal custody of his twins, Bob and Max ... TMZ has learned.

0418_denise_charlie_kids_ex_tmz

We're told Denise called Charlie just after TMZ posted surveillance video of Brooke Mueller trying to hock a watch and a stereo at an Inglewood pawn shop.

Denise told Charlie it was apparent Brooke couldn't care for the twins and Charlie was on the road doing his show, so she offered to take the kids and let them live with her until things stabilized.

As for Charlie's reaction ... well, he didn't shut her down.  He said, "I'll keep you posted."

Charlie apparently is going for broke because his lawyer is going to court this AM, in an attempt to get full custody of the twins.

lou

Wow. Denise just won all sorts of awards in my head for offering that. They aren't even her kids. And I'm sure they'll be quite a handful.

You go, girl! Nice job, Denise. Maybe those two clowns might grow up some seeing your good example.

Kathyo

@kp

I am not defending charlie so please don't misconstrue this but from all accounts charlie is clean when he is around the kids and we all know he's been behaving ridiculously, especially lately but previously, he only had periodic "meltdowns" and they weren't around the kids so why most of understand he is not the best role model for his kids, this is a long way from proving him completely unfit and warranting having his kids taken away at least from a legal stand point so unless Brooke's lawyers can put up a hell of a lot of evidence, he will probably be awarded custody. I'm not saying whether him having custody right now is right or wrong, I just think he has a good chance of winning because of the way the system works. I do not think he should be dragging them out on tour right now though, they've had enough upheaval in their lives lately and they are really young. I am guessing of course but maybe these reasons are why the other grandparents have not come forward, maybe they consulted with a lawyer and were told they don't have a good chance right now because by all accounts, Charlie is doing what he is supposed to be doing by staying clean.

Caligirl

While I think what Denise did was way above the call of duty, it's probably best that Martin steps up and takes custody of these kids. Denise does not need this crap in her life being in the middle of Charlie and Brooke. Oh these poor babies. It's hard to imagine either one of these asses getting custody of these little boys. Who is worse? The judge better make one hell of a good call on this one. These boys might be better off in foster care.

kim

Why would Charlie consider Denise to have temp custody of the twins?? That is only a last resort for him. Remember--she has sole custody of their girls and isn't that an indication of what she would do w/ the boys?? In my opinion, Charlie should get full custody and let's see how he steps up. He should have a full-time court-approved monitor and get rid of all whores/hangers-on and be a real Dad to them. Also, get him on 3x weekly drug tests. Sober Charlie would be the raddest Dad!!

karlew

ksis wrote:
Once Charlie lets her have them, he might not get them back. I hope he considers that.
****************************************************************

And that would be a bad thing why?

Skeeter

Damned nice of her after the way he treats and talks about her. Apparently she has more sense than Charlie & Brooke will EVER muster between them. And alot more heart too!

Kendo

Atta girl Denise! That's really good of her and it's clear she's putting the boys' best interest first, unlike their strung-out mother. I will venture to say that Denise would agree it's better if Charlie get these kids over Brooke. And rightfully so.

crabbygirl81

Very strange choice...but probably the best choice for the kids to have Denise take care of them.

Lena

I don't know that Denise "sees some good in Charlie". I think that she sees the situation as it being better to NOT deny his children to see him and having him create more PUBLICITY STUNTS. As long as he can see them fairly regularly he is fairly quiet...or as quiet as his drug addicted warped ass can be.

Sadly, it's a tough choice. I wonder how safe they are when they are with him...and always knew that they were in danger when they were with two junkies (Charlie and Brooke deserve each other and should flame out together but sadly they compete for drugs and attention while their sons---poor little things--- and his daughters are on the sidelines taking in the psycho circus acts)

It's nice that she offered but I don't think that she would be awarded custody. The less she and her girls have to do with Charlie the better....Charlie would visit much more if she had the boys....he's always wanted sons and I suspect he and Brooke had them created in a test tube...to guarantee that he would have male children.

I think the grandparents would be a good option provided they are well enough. Martin Sheen's had serious heart trouble in his early 40s ...he's got to be in his 70s now....I wonde3r if Brooke's parents are bombed out drunks or something...that **** tends to run in families...at least Martin Sheen is a recovering alcoholic with YEARS of sobriety under his belt...then again...at 70 plus years of age who wants a couple of wild toddlers...and you know those poor little boys have to be riddled with ADHD and behavioral problems no way they could escape THAT S*** with two EFFED up Druggie parents. NONE.

Poor kids...all of them...even his grown daughter. Hey maybe THAT would be a good solution. Cassandra could take them...although she's a newlywed and it's not really fair to her to have to give up her freedom to enjoy early marriage to raise her emotionally stunted drug addicted slimey father's children when he had little part in raising her.

It's just a sad sad sad situation.

Lena

It's just a sad sad sad situation.

BroRo

I LOVE DENISE FOR THIS!! After all the crap Charlie has said about her, she still has his boys' best interest at heart. At least they'll get SOME stability in their lives if she cares for them....

Ambulance Chaser hater

FINALLY!!!! An honest offer from someone in hollywood! I use to look at her and roll my eyes, but I totally respect her for doing this now. IF Charlie was smart and he wanted to EVER get full custody he would ask the court to do this. And the twins momma will end up cutting her rope, it does look like she's using again...but the courts never SEE this WHY THE HELL NOT!! Are judges blind???

Jude

The only problem I see with Denise (God Bless her) caring for the boys is that it is one more "hand toss" for these boys. Depends on how long the stay would be. Good, in that the half-sibs get to know each other, but it may be volleying them around too much considering they don't know that side of the brood. Touring with Charlie seems pointless if it's two weeks on the road. Again, moving place to place in the midst of all the craziness. Where's Martin and his wife? Avail to jump in?

Jude

dd

This would be a great idea instead of going between two nuts they can bond with their sisters....WINNING IDEA CHARLIE TAKE IT!