« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Cig-Sucking WWE Star -- SMOKED by Tobactivist

4/19/2011 1:45 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

WWE star R-Truth is taking serious heat for lighting up a cigarette on "RAW" last night ... in front of a row of kids -- and now, the biggest anti-smoking activist on the planet is DEMANDING he apologize.

0419_smoking_wrestler_patrick_reynolds_ex_getty

The drama began when Ron "R-Truth" Killings hit up the audience for a smoke ... and actually LIT UP right in front of them ... including several children.

But the on-screen cig-fest didn't sit so well with anti-smoking activist Patrick Reynolds (pictured right) -- Executive Director of TobaccoFree.org -- who has officially issued a challenge to the wrestler ... to publicly apologize for the smoking stunt.

Reynolds -- ironically the grandson of tobacco magnate R.J. Reynolds -- tells TMZ, "For him to smoke in front of [children] is irresponsible. At best, it's thoughtless, and at worst, if he calculated appealing to kids by posing as a bad-boy outlaw, it's evil."

0419_smoking_wrestler_sm_launchReynolds adds, "If he wants help in quitting, I'll be happy to be his personal coach."

The WWE issued a statement to TMZ defending the cigarette incident -- saying, "The negative effect smoking has on one’s health and physical performance was a part of a storyline on last night’s Monday Night Raw.  Negative depictions of tobacco use on television are not unusual and can be seen on other TV-PG shows."

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

mac

@MightyMad .. hahaha you haven't gotten a single rise out of me.. first point to where I said you smoke.. Stand with them on what? They QUIT.. for a reason obviously.. why do I have to prove a statement that you made? How about you prove that he is living off his family's fortune.. His organization is about Not Smoking of course he is trying to get publicity for Not Smoking... lol hahahahahaha you are such a dumbass.. why do you repeatedly keep calling me a nazi as if it would bother me?? hahaha I love how you're trying to get real and act hard with me now hahahah you're a joke buddy

Blaine

**** You Patrick Reynolds!! They have had to PG wrestling so damn much and made it such a family show its sickening! Wrestling use to be raw and push the limits of tv and was targeted towards grown ups, and thats what it needs to get back to being. Im not a smoker, but you can take your oh this is a bad influence to kids and shove it up your ass!

gd

Funny how people are saying it's okay that the WWE exposes the kids to violence. Violence? Most of you say wrestling is "fake" so stop contradicting yourselves.

Rob

I watched RAW last night and I use to smoke as well honestly who cares Ron Killings was turning heel he was getting heel heat besides shows show smoking so does movies for **** sake if you remember Looney Toons they showed SMOKING and it's a CARTOON, this dude needs to get over him self people smoke and some people don't smoke it's hard to quit smoking so what are they going to do now censer smoking on TV that would be really ****ing stupid if you ask me.

GOLLY

I want to demand an apology for him for demanding an apology.

Calis

Seriously.. apologize? Ok so does every person who walks by a kid on the street have to apologize as well?? God people are idiots.

tnf

this guy is an idiot

R-Truth is portraying a bad guy, therefore anything he does is considered bad. INCLUDING smoke, someone who doesnt understand how wrestling works shouldnt be allowed an opinion on the content on television.

Also, there's been smoking storylines on other PG shows like the Simpsons and King of the Hill, just because this is live action doesnt mean it's not as fake.

BenJ

That guy doesn't even inhale! What about the white wrestlers who smoke in real-life? Sounds like Patrick Reynolds is a big racist to me.

meka1205

I find this really funny considering when Stone Cold Steve Austin would bust open Keystone beer nobody said anything....STFU and sit down somewhere A** Hole!!!!!!

mac

@MightyMad - "I'm going to rewrite it and, hopefully, you'll be able to read it properly this time: my 73 years old mother is in the best physical health anyone in her age group could hope for, and this, REGARDLESS of whether or not they were smokers."

- hahahaha I love that your mother is in the best physical health anyone in her age group could hope for.. hahahaha so your now telling me your mother is the healthiest 73 year old there is.. no one at age 73 could be healthier then your mother?!?! (that's what best physical health anyone in her age group could hope for implies by the way).. hahahahaha I love the fact that you think that you're smarter then me it's making this so much funnier

mac

"MightyMad 6 minutes ago

BTW mac: have you realize yet you're pretty alone on the pro-Reynald, anti-WWE around here?

Of course not - tobacco-Nazis are all completely unable to see any other point but their own...

Sad, really."

hahahahahahaha when did I EVER say or imply I was anti-WWE?!

hahahahah you never had a point!! You have not brought forward a single point for me to understand!

mac

MightyMad 3 minutes ago

Oh, and @mac - if this is what you've perceived as me acting hard on you, you seriously do not understand the meaning of the word.

If you truly think this was me being hard on you... you're a p*ssy. Period.
****
Lol when did I ever say you were being hard on me?!?!?! hahahahaha and when did I say it was bothering me?? I think it's hilarious bud you are killing me seriously I wish I knew you in real life!!

mac

MightyMad less than a minute ago

@- hahahaha thank you for finally clarifying one of your random sentences so it makes some remote amount of sense

***

Fake-laughing on the internet... pretty pathetic stuff.

Now, it's quite obvious you're incapable of reading properly (I actually thought "Is he douchy or stupid enough to miss me writing 'anyone'?", and just like that, bam, you did exactly what was expected of you... as I said before: sad.)

So let's me back to our core dispute here: Reynald is a pompous, opportunist idiot who cares as much about kids being affected by second-hand smoking than you care about admitting that you're wrong.

He's a phony, and you defending him being so phony... well, you're kinda worse, 'cuz you're too stupid to not realize how full of sh*t he is.

Anyway... your move.
******
hahahahaha no trust me I am really laughing at you.. oh yeahhh because repeatedly calling someone a nazi on the internet is sooo far from pathetic... I saw you write "anyone" in fact I quoted you hahahaha what does that have to do with anything?!?!
"Reynald is a pompous, opportunist idiot who cares as much about kids being affected by second-hand smoking than you care about admitting that you're wrong."
- you are stating this as if it is fact, with nothing to back it up... how do you know his intentions?? And even if his intentions are purely for self-promotion it doesn't change the fact that his message is beneficial for society...
"At the end of the day, obviously, those kids are going to be fine, regardless of what awful atrocities your or Reynald can come with."
- What are you talking about neither me or Reynolds invented cancer...
hahahahah just a big phonnnnyy eh? You're assuming that I care what Reynold's intentions are? I could care less if he is only trying to promote his organization because his organization is trying to save lives....

mac

MightyMad about a minute ago

mac 8 minutes ago

lol when did I ever say you were being hard on me?!?!?!

***

"I love how you're trying to get real and act hard with me now"

Those were your own words, man... what, you got no short-term memory?
***
"hard with me".. not on me .. Also notice how I said "trying" .. I didn't say you were succeeding in "acting" hard.. acting also implies that you are not actually being "hard"..

mac

MightyMad 3 minutes ago

mac 13 minutes ago

hahahahahahaha when did I EVER say or imply I was anti-WWE?!

***

So you're pro-Reynald, yet pro-WWE, so, even though you agree with Reynald's fake request for apology, you still feel the WWE did nothing wrong...

You're a very complex imbecile, mac.
****
Lol how dumb are you?!?!?! hahaha man not even Reynold's is anti-wwe .. he is ant- one thing, that happened at one show, in one specific incident.. lol and how was it a fake a request?! hahaha he made it quite a real request.. dumbass