Anderson Cooper

Hetherington Was

My Friend

4/20/2011 5:41 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Anderson Cooper has tweeted about the death of his friend -- Oscar nominated director Tim Hetherington -- saying, "The news is gutting."

0420_cooper_tim_BN_Getty

Cooper called Hetherington a "friend and great photographer" ... adding, "He was such a wonderful guy."

As we previously reported, Hetherington -- who co-directed "Restrepo" -- was killed today in Libya when his camp was hit by a rocket-propelled grenade.

w

God bless him and his family

Room Monitor

so sad
I watched Restrepo just yesterday
devastated
condolences to his family and friends
RIP TIM

david

I continue to evolve and as a whole love my country more and more...we all can acknowledge we live on a murderous and at times evil planet for all sorts of reasons and that evil is here in the US for sure ( see murder of beautiful daughter and mother in NYC yesterday as most topical reason) Yet even though its hard to get pulled down into this is a dangerous and evil word thinking, we do know there is good i guess, and the US is the leader of good, yes we do bad things too, dropping bombs all over the world and turning a blind eye on counties if there is no oil, but ...well I don't know what I am saying I just saying at least there we are protected in the sense that our gov doesnt drop bombs on us and as a whole we live in a civilized country, even though we are very evil to each other on personal basis ( see mydeathspace .com for horrible deaths) but anyway I am ranting and raving and now sure how to continue my point, thanks for listening

Jackie

SAD....

anotherfnday

Let his death be a lesson to him and to the rest of the idiot Geraldo Rivera types, IT'S WAR! People in the middle of WARS DIE! Moral of the story; If you're not fighting in the war, STAY THE FK OUT or risk being KILLED!

Skyjump

Damn, what a loss.I sure liked the guy.

gutsygirl

There but for the grace of God goes Anderson Cooper. He was beaten in Libya, also. Such a loss.

noneofyourbusiness

ANOTHERFNDAY, your wrong. How would we know about what is happening if they were not brave enough to report the truth from the front lines? We would not ever know because the government sure is hell not going to give it to us straight.

May you RIP Mr. Heatherington

croc

we still arent getting the news straight..shouldnt go there..bye bye B.F.F.

george clooney

Noneofyourbusiness....are you a hypocrite? Here you are using that screen name and then saying it's our business to know what is going on with the war. Actually, you do not need to know, you cannot even take care of the illegal immigration problems....so best you do not know too much Mr. Noneofyourbusiness Hypocrite!

Keiths Wife

MIMI....you are right...he did out him! What a terrible thing for Anderson to do. I bet all the closet gays are worried if they know Anderson! WATCH OUT OPRHA

Celeb Gossip Addict

That's horrible. What was he doing there?

Noah

Anderson and this guy were much closer than friends. These two in bed together?! WOW!! Kinda HOT!!

cjs

I had to read it twice today when I saw the news, so sad a great talent his work lives on in photographs.

Tammy

It wa shis choice to go to a country ravahed by war, so I'm going with the opinion that he wasn't afraid of meeting death. I wish him well wherever the afterlife sends him.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments