L.A. Pot Shops RAIDED on 4/20

4/20/2011 5:55 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

It's high time for weeding out possibly illegal activity -- because law enforcement sources tell TMZ, the California Medical Board just raided two L.A. marijuana dispensaries ... on NATIONAL POT DAY.

420
We're told the government agency was executing some kind of search warrant at Medical Kush Doctor and Medical Kush Beach Club in Venice -- but it's unclear what they're looking for exactly.

UPDATE: Law enforcement sources tell us ... the search warrants were issued in connection with a criminal narcotics investigation.

jacksonfive210

john
and thanks for the civics lesson

Joe

Ronald Regan died years ago. So why does his drug war continue?

Libby

What a waste of taxpayer dollars. Legalize it, tax it, take us out of debt!

John, Can you please post a link to that story? I am not buying it. I googled and could not find any news remotely close to your story.

Angelique

NOT SURE WHAT THEY LOOKING FOR??? HAHAHA ..... WEED!!!!! SHOPS ARE READY TODAY... BEST DAY TO CLEAR OUT THE SHOP THOSE *******S!!!!

thekabsin

Smoked pot and doesnt remember killing people in a car accident? that sounds like such crap. It is people like you that are small minded and dumb enough to believe that someone involved in a car accident doesn't remember what happened because they had smoke marijuana. Is this story even true? Think it could have had something to do with impact or injury sustained to him while driving? Maybe if it was legalized and in the hands of mature adults it never would have reached his hands. Ever think of that?

chris

john,

you're correct, it's not legal here but you're not gonna get any significant trouble for it. I believe it's a misdemeanor.

i agree with many other posters here, you see a bit uptight about this "issue". let me ask you, do you drink alcohol?

ARTOFWAR

....To all you imbeciles that think that marijuana doesn't adversely affect your driving abilities, try a little experiment the next time one of you wastes of life pot-heads gets high.

Throw a football at a reasonable fast rate of speed at one of your stoner friends while he/she is high, and PLEASE aim it directly at his/her face.

And then go quickly into the bathroom to retrieve a towel, for his/her bloody nose.

You imbecilic, vapid, pot-heads---- it has been scientifically/clinically proven that marijuana decreases your response times in upwards of 30-40%, depending on the amount and quality of THC intake by an individual.

Think about the real facts, the next time one of you degenerate pot-heads gets behind the wheel of a motor vehicle.....Artofwar

chris

bbrown,

thanks for getting my back! i do know the law but wanted to keep my reply as simple as possible. John seems VERY uptight about this marijuana story which is sad but I can respect his opinion though I dont have to agree with it.

what's truly sad about America is the fact that alcohol is completely legal and socially acceptable those who indulge. I'd venture to say those who indulge dont have an issue driving after they drink which is very dangerous as I'm sure you know.

If American's would just relax and take a "live and let live" attitude, we'd be better off.

chris

Artofwar,

Let's make alcohol illegal too OK? Sounds like a plan, right?

jacksonfive210

chris
np I mean john was being a **** and made me mad I wasnt asking you for a history lesson haha I just had a quick question and you had a quick response yeah it is lame that alcohol is so acceptable and weed like 20 yrs. ago the gov. made it sound like if u touched weed it would make you go crazy and kill your whole work place haha I look at it like this when your sober and hang out with drunk people how dumb and crazy they act and even if your not high and hanging out with people who are high and can they can control it they seem to act pretty normal

Casey Queens

Actually, ARTOFWAR, you are wrong. Want me to prove it? Google -study marijuana driving- and you'll see every single study states it has very little detrimental affect on your driving ability, and MAY actually IMPROVE your driving skills.

And I quote, "Drivers under the influence of marijuana tend to over-estimate the adverse effects of the drug on their driving quality and compensate when they can; e.g. by increasing effort to accomplish the task, increasing headway or slowing down, or a combination of these."

Compared to alcohol: "Drivers under the influence of alcohol tend to under-estimate the adverse effects of the drug on their driving quality and do not invest compensatory effort."

Next time, do your research before you make an ass out yourself.

Seriously, though, it's not okay to drive impaired. But if you're going to either choose weed or booze, stick with the weed.

LinOhio

I believe all shops of this sort should be shut down. Pot is and should be illegal. There are plenty of other pain killers out there. Pot has killed many people already in accidents, and is just as bad for your lungs as cigarettes. Get over it potheads, you are in the minority. I hope you all get busted!

jacksonfive210

artofwar
you dumbass thats one study and doesnt prove anything haha I mean **** I smoked weed before every lacrosse, football,and basketball game and high school and did fine and I started I played better high then not high and maybe im alittle bit slower in some aspects of the game but no 30 -40% slower your crazy most people can do alot of stuff high but when your drunk thats another story so stop being a dingleberry and smoke something bitchhhhhhh

jacksonfive210

linohio
weed is just a pain killer its good for so many other things and imo weed is better for your lungs than cigs but weed so much better than pain killer pills they kill more people then any drug in some states and have you ever seen a pot head suck **** for pot nooo but there are plenty of opaite addicts who suck **** for opaites.

chris

LinOhio,

1st off, I'm sorry to hear (or presume) you actually live IN Ohio, my heart goes out to you.

If you think medical marijuana shops should be shut down, i say lets get rid of alcohol too. There are FAR MORE alcohol related accidents then marijuana.

Oh and let me remind you, marijuana is NATURAL. It has been successfully used in treating cancer patients, aids patients and glaucoma patients.

Being from Ohio, you probably DONT know that kind of information.

And Lin, a mind is like a book - only useful when OPEN