Italian Group BLASTS 'Mob Wives' -- 'It's a Disgrace!'

4/20/2011 7:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The same Italian group that called Snooki "an embarrassment to the human race" is ripping on a new VH1 show about mafia wives -- telling us, damn thing's KILLING the reputations of Italian-Americans.

0418_unico_mob_wives_ex

A rep for the Italian interest group -- called UNICO National -- took no mercy on the new show ... telling TMZ, "Mob Wives" is "trash TV like 'Jersey Shore.' I hope it dies because no one watches it."

The rep adds, "We were mobsters and mafiosos with 'The Sopranos,' bimbos and buffoons with 'Jersey Shore,' and now we're back where we started. It's a disgrace."

Funny enough -- "The Sopranos" and "Jersey Shore" ... two of the most popular shows in TV history.

Jackie

@ Nic....WHY SO SERIOUS?....THIS IS SUPPOSED TO BE GOSSIP..I HAPPEN TO HAVE A ****ED UP HUMOR WHICH FEW UNDERSTANDS:)

AyeJay

Mob Wives, is a great show. These girls don't play, as I, I did too also watch the first episode and I was hooked 5 minutes in. Unico is stupid, I guess they don't know the phrase 'There is no such thing a bad publicity.' Same thing they did with Jersey Shore, they made such a big dal out of it - obviously people are going to be curious at what makes the show so bad and tune in, hence giving it those high rating. As an Italian with family living in Staten Island (South Shore though, North Shore is ghetto) it brings back memories and the drama is just the topping on the cake. I'm in!

Sam

If they have a problem with this show then they should also have issues with The Godfather, Boardwalk Empire, heck, pretty much every mob movie/show ever created.

PS- I'd never even heard of this show until now. I think I might check it out just to see what all the fuss is about.

Brooke

people have made fun of "dumb blondes" for years....why should anyone else get a break?

Shanan Li

These "women" are really ugly. I do not mean this mean, but even the intro, which like for the RHW of OC/NY/DC/NJ/Alanta the into of the women look better then what they are. The Mob girls are just not pretty. The one Russian is not that bad.

Barbie

I'm so glad I dvr'ed it to watch. I'm a North Jersey girl, I know what a mob wife looks like, I know what a mob daughter or son looks like. But that doesn't mean I condone illegal activities and murders. The mob is still alive and well, and the Soprano's portrayal is by far the closet you could get without actually being in the mob.
The very last scene on the Soprano's when it went to black. That ice cream shop Holsten's really exists, I lived down the street from it and spent a fairly large amount of time there as a teenager, hanging out! I love, love, love Italian men, and with me I don't ask, so they don't tell! But I've never been treated badly by an Italian man in my life! They make you feel safe and protected, and the best lovers, romantic's EVER!

jacksonfive210

these dumb bitches on mob wives think they are hard because there dad, friends,or husband have maybe killed people and that they are in the mob they are just mob groupies just becasue u know people that are gagsta doesnt make you gagsta till u start cracking some skulls and robbing fools your not hard. I like how they are always talking about what other people have done in this show they are straight trash

MIDNIGHT TOKER

how can you have a show called mob wives when every mafia guy will tell you there is no such thing as the mob

Barbie

LoveSausage --- Your "joke" is stupid. It isn't even a joke.
Even the Housewives of New Jersey represents mobsters, don't kid yourselves into believing they are upstanding citizens representing the majority of Italian/Americans living in the Garden State. The degree of connection might vary, but the facts are the facts.
Not all Italian/Americans living in the NJ/NY metropolitan area are mobbed up. But I can almost guarantee that anyone who lives here, knows someone, who knows someone, who knows someone. It's not six degree's of separation, it's more like three degrees of separation.
You'd have to live here to know what I'm talking about. When you grow up in the area's where we grew up, we women have to be tough to survive. But otherwise we are harmless! We ain't all Danielle from Housewives! She's just plain crazy.....

jacksonfive210

and none of those girls on the show are the least bit of attractive and the shows wack by trying to make it look like FBI is doing surveillance on them at times those bitches should be lucky the mob isnt what it use to be

jacksonfive210

midnight toker
I know you got that right I mean those girls arent in the mob they just get ****ed by the people in the mob and they act gangsta because people they know are in the mob those girls just live off of the money there parents or husband have taken and stole from people they have never made a dollar on their own. vhi one stop trying to make spinoffs of real house wives

Mike44090

I haven't watched the show yet but I just set my TIVO to record it later today. UNICO can complain all they want but I remember hearing, "where there is smoke theres fire" so there must be some truth to these shows, besides, if your not a mob wife why worry about the show. Should they have canceled ROOTS because everyone wasn't slaves or slave owners?

Mike44090

Everyone should click on the red 'Report' button and report these spammers and get them out of here.

AyeJay

Shanan Li 60 minutes ago

-------------------------------------------------------------

Actually 3 of them are Italian, and one of them is Albanian.
No Russians here. lol

Queen of the smash and grab

I lived in southern New Jersey for many years. This is EXACTLY how all of these Italian people act, all the time. They act just like the guidos and guidettes on Jersey Shore and Mafia Wives. They are Loud, Pushy, Classless, and Foul-mouthed, all of them, both men and women. I couldn't take it anymore and moved back to Chicago so I could be with civilized people again. I never met one Italian that was very bright. They are Human Cartoons. Let's not forget the Trash we know as 'Real Housewives of New Jersey'.