Italian Group BLASTS 'Mob Wives' -- 'It's a Disgrace!'

4/20/2011 7:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The same Italian group that called Snooki "an embarrassment to the human race" is ripping on a new VH1 show about mafia wives -- telling us, damn thing's KILLING the reputations of Italian-Americans.

0418_unico_mob_wives_ex

A rep for the Italian interest group -- called UNICO National -- took no mercy on the new show ... telling TMZ, "Mob Wives" is "trash TV like 'Jersey Shore.' I hope it dies because no one watches it."

The rep adds, "We were mobsters and mafiosos with 'The Sopranos,' bimbos and buffoons with 'Jersey Shore,' and now we're back where we started. It's a disgrace."

Funny enough -- "The Sopranos" and "Jersey Shore" ... two of the most popular shows in TV history.

JOJO

YA DONT LIKE THE SHOW.....CHANGE THE F#@*ing channel..end of da story.

JENNA..SI

THE SHOW IS A DISGRACE. THESE 4 ANIMALS SHOULD BE ASHMAED OF THEMSELVES. THERE IS NO POINT TO THIS SHOW. A BUNCH OF JERKS PUTTING THEIR PERSONAL LIFE ON TV. AND TRYING TO SHOW OFF. SOME NEDS TO GIVR THEM A REALITY CHECK. THEY ARE LOSERS WHO MARRIED LOSERS AND NOW THEIR PRETENDING TO BE UPSET BY IT TO MAKE MONEY. GROW UP AND GET A REAL JOB LADIES AND THEN WE WILL SEE HOW LONG YOU SURVIVE. PATHETIC.

annonymous

Do the producers of this show know that there are women that have MEN ( real men ) that have been in jail for 20 plus years plus and have carried on with as much dignity as they could possible have, these women are alledgedly gay,partying, having their husbands heard talking to them on the phone like pansies, allowing them to be looked at like s---t, What is the infauation with "The Mob" now their daughters and wives,I think people love the wise guys, especially women, and the Men are jealous of them otherwise they would just go to jail without enourmous headlines, like Jery Capeci who makes a living on them and all the rest of the ridiculous headlines, put them away and be done with it??? and get off the air you all look unfeminine and stupid....sorry for your troubles...

jacksonfive210

terri
I watched Mob Wives and will continue to watch it. It is interesting that these women each have a true story they could tell about the Mafia but I am sure they will be very careful not to divulge too much. I wonder if the FBI will be watching too? I like the show - it is better than some of the other reality shows that are on TV at this time.

do you really think the FBI gives a **** about this show no I dont know even know if those two young girls husbands are even in the mob I like how that one girl says when peolple talk about me they talk about how I beat bitches up TRASH WHORRRREEE this just shows why nj and staten island are the arm pit of american we should just exile them and be done with it hahaa

Antoinette

It just seems like they live sad lives. Most of the men in their lives are in and out of jail, one guy can't even make it to spend a few hours with his son, one is wasting her life while her husband is away, another one is hated on for something her father did and which has nothing to do with her at all! It is entertaining trash TV. Not all Italians are alike so I don't judge the whole Italian race based on these shows. That would just be ignorant. Complain if you want, but people are gonna watch. I think a lot of us like to watch because it makes us feel like we're not half bad after all. In conclusion: I'm watching, I love Italians and people just need to chill

Jackee

This show is awesome. I don't change the channel once LOL Good entertainment!! I think its 10x better than growin up Gotti. But if it is REALity then it seems very risky to tell all. Wouldn't somebody put a hit out on them??

CRA

Disgrace To Italians? Really? It's A TV Show, Just Like Jersey Shore. Saying They Are A Disgrace To Italians Is Like Saying Flavor Of Love & For The Love Of Ray J Is A Disgrace To Rappers. Or Like Saying Rock Of Love Is A Disgrace To Strippers. STFU & Let Them Make Their Money! Smh.

edward berry

the mob wives show is a joke and they should not be on tv.they think that they are the first mob wives and they are not.they should look back at the history of the mob because they are dum assess.

mandy

I'm Italian; however, my issue with the show has nothing to do with the portrayal of Italians. I don't think that anyone should profit from a life of crime. These women live very well on dirty money.

Lyz Luiza

Dritas hands look like catchers mits...why are they having kids and putting them in the line of missery and then complaining that no one takes the childrens feeling into account,,brainless, they are not winning!!!!

Lyz Luiza

No shame flonting blood money on t.v and their poor children, wow these women have no shame in their game,,,dritas hands look like catchers mits,, Karma Not winning!!!!

Lydia

People need to get real. "Mob Wives" is entertainment only. Do you really think most people believe that Italian women act like that? I'm a proud Italian and I watch the show - it makes these particular women look stupid but that has no reflection on other Italian women.

As for "The Sopranos", that too was entertainment and great entertainment. As was "The Godfather" and "Goodfellas". Stop being so damn serious about everything. This politically correct bullcrap is what's a joke.

:O)

*LAST*

Ol Virginny

Are Italian men really well hung?

Vanessa