Willie Nelson

How I'm Spending My 4/20

4/20/2011 10:15 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

4/20 is an unofficial holiday for pot-smokers across the globe ... but this year, Willie Nelson tells us he's making a MAJOR change to his celebration because of health issues.

0420_willie_420EX

Don't worry, it's nothing serious ... Willie says he's just feeling congested from being out in the snow recently -- so instead of smoking a joint this year, he's going to fire up his vaporizer instead.

As you may have heard, Willie canceled some of his shows due to his condition ... but plans to spend the next few days back home in Texas, where he can recover and hang out with his horses.

So, there you have it -- outspoken weed smoker Willie Nelson is going to smoke weed on a marijuana holiday.

Pass the funyuns.

0728_whatcha_smokin_footer_v2

Dennis Johnson

Willie smoking weed!Damn I forgot what I was going to say?????????????

c

Go Willie! "I'll never smoke Weed with Willie again..." :)

Jerry

Don't feel bad for him! He may not be able to smoke some 420 on 4/20 but I'm sure he'll have a brownie or something else to get him elevated to 420 status.

Dobonacus

Love It! Miss you too Viking!!!!

ang

lol who is stoned here, it says he is smoking but instead of joint he is using vaporizer . And people say stoned people are slow! Happy 420!

McCool

An Obamanation of America!
Both parties have contributed to the corruption and growth of big government and the abomination of the American dream; our founders' vision of self-government! An America free of big government oppression and tyranny, is the one true patriots still hold dear.

Portrait of 2010 Rebel with Just Cause, Willie Nelson.

I am Spartacus

Using a vaporizer is the healthiest way. It also gets you the highest because you're getting more THC than you do from a joint/blunt or bowl/bong. I'm sure Willie has a nice vaporizer and will be using it.

420 originated from a group a stoners in high school from like the 70s who used to always meet up at 4:20 and smoke up. Over the years that basically turned into the slang for smoking weed and now April 20th has basically turned into some sort of holiday for potheads... sort of.

So Willie doesn't have to smoke any certain type of way. As long as he doesn't f' up the rotation.

jbeans

Happy 420!!!

Fearless Campaign

You can join Congressman Polis’ Fearless Campaign to fix out drug laws here: http://www.fearlesscampaign.com/page/s/drug-policy

Whamo

Jimmdog 55 minutes ago
Time to grow up you hippies.
----------------------------------------------------------

CN

@Whamo - If ever the world needed hippies and the hippy message of peace love and understanding it's NOW!. These are ideals one should NEVER grow out of fashion. For a year or two they almost did it, today's youth would rather get a "cool" bible verse tattoo and kick the **** out of each other after watching a UFC fight. Give me the hippy life any day! Smoke a fattie kick back and love your fellow man, seems like a good mantra to me even after all these years.

__________________

I agree with this post.

Canadasux

Willie Nelson = Pathetic geezer.

MIDNIGHT TOKER

Im retired from 24 years in the military security police and I LOVE WEED.
better than drinking oneself to death...
and an apology to the few unfortunate people I busted for pot poccesion while in the service...just doing my job

ginny

you go willie, the vaporizer is much better to smoke with, you get most of the THC...

better high depending on who you get your weed from. can get you some great Kush if you want.

artie help

whamo, you have consistently posted smart relevant kind words, I agree with everything I have read that you posted, you seem like a good guy or gal and I agree wholeheartedly with your current post. Kudos

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments