Cops Launch Investigation Into Charlie Sheen Escort

4/22/2011 12:01 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Charlie Sheen is no stranger to escorts ... but the one he picked up in D.C. earlier this week has triggered a police investigation.

0422_charlie_sheen_BN

D.C. police have announced ... an internal investigation is underway to find out who authorized multiple units to use lights and sirens to escort Sheen from the airport to his live show Tuesday night ... when he was running about an hour late.

Sheen tweeted during the incident -- posting a photo of a speedometer right around the 80 mph mark and writing, "in car with Police escort in front and rear! driving like someone's about to deliver a baby! Cop car lights."

UPDATE: Apparently Charlie got the Obama treatment ... DC PD released a statement saying escort duty is typically reserved for POTUS, the VP, or visiting heads of state. They admit it appears "protocols ... were not followed" -- and Internal Affairs is investigating.

0301_winning_footer_v3

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

LuvTMZInTheOC

80mph? Big deal. You acutally have people passing you in OC if you drive 80.

Jack DaCarup

At who's expense?

two cents

Holy crap! How much did that cost? Who authorized that? Outrageous to waste resources like that for an idiot. Heads should roll. With the crime rate in DC, you would think the police have better things to do.

anon.

He thinks he is above the law:(

Mary Ann

I wonder if I can get a police escort the next time I am late to work! This should be investigated. What a waste of tax payers money. Hope Charlie pays the tax payers back!

Muppet

Once again Charlie is showing how stupid the people around him can be! Even the police! Does every person he comes in contact with go insane?? How many lives endangered to get Charlie to his show? Hope they throw the book at them. This is stupidity at its finest!

karla

who cares?

Steinberg

Ladies and Gentlemen, I present to you our finest in Law Enforcement, doing their jobs so proudly and heroically. Thank God! THESE GUYS ARE HEROES!!!

Sammie

Hope they get hammered for it but I read somewhere else about this a couple days ago and they said it's like some 'police escort for sale' thing or some such thing they do for different people for a price. I doubt the original intention, however, was to get some wanna-be entertainer to the club on time.

MIDNIGHT TOKER

he paid for the escort but that doesnt mean they can run red lights or speed

Fred

Not nearly the waste of money that Michelle Obama spends on escorts and flying her lady friends all over the place. I feel Sheen's job is far more important than hers.

Sammie

He's loving this. Makes him feel like he's winning! Trouble is, he won't get into trouble, the police that did it will.......maybe. Who, in the world, is stupid enough to think that, just because he is late for a show, he should get a police escort??? Insane. I think who's ever idea this was, should be fired. What if someone, who was really in trouble, needed the police. I'd like to know what when on in that city during those escort. Any murders, robberies, rapes?????? It's criminal

Sammie

I hate to say it but American gossip sites ought to read the UK dailymail. I read about the escort there a couple days ago just checking for regular news and it's not the first time I've read stuff there long before it shows up on our sites here. They even have a section for US Entertainment. Have to say you also read stuff about our politics, govt & it's antics you never hear about in our papers. Pretty interesting.

Kiko

It's just practice for when they'll be escorting Donald Trump all over town after 2012. Some cops just LOVE stupid celebrities.

RabbleRouser

Why is it when I heard the words Charlie Sheen and "escort".....i automatically think they are talking about a prostitute?

Also, I don't think it's fair to assume that it was locally funded, you can actually pay a fee (and it's not cheap) for this service.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments