Lindsay Lohan -- Charge Reduced to Misdemeanor!

4/22/2011 6:45 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Lindsay Lohan just caught a MASSIVE break -- her felony grand theft charge was just downgraded to a misdemeanor.

0422_lindsay_misdemeanor_BN

TMZ told you this would happen .... Judge Stephanie Sautner ruled the offense, along with Lindsay's record, did not support a felony charge.  The judge noted Lindsay's DUI conviction was 4 years ago.

The judge denied Shawn Holley's motion to dismiss the case outright.

dreamon

It's still a year in jail.....

Californiadesi

It is a good Friday alright.

cake

@ The Truth:

Wow - great post! (links/sources would make it an *awesome* post).

If those stats are accurate, it ought to make many of us MORE than mad as heII...

That does not look like blind justice to me. Again, thanks for the post.

Who Farted

Take comfort in the fact that she will only go downhill from here as far the BIG SCREEN goes. The vast majority of people no longer like her, the person, Lindsay Lohan.

SOOTHE

Why do you think she was able to get the role on the Gotti film
they knew this was going to be the outcome all along. They were just going through the motions today. Letting the public think
there was finally going to be some true justice.

London Bloke

Well I just found out the answer to my previous question about what the judge ruled on Lilo's probation...In case, anyone is curious....
TMZ posted (in another article):

"Lindsay Lohan violated her probation by allegedly stealing a necklace, Judge Stephanie Sautner just ruled.

The judge ordered Lindsay to stand trial for theft, but reduced the charge from a felony to a misdemeanor.

Although Judge Sautner found Lindsay in violation of probation, she will not go to jail now. The penalty will be determined after the verdict in the trial."

*Link to that article:

Who Farted

Part of cake's post:

"She's creepy and immature"

hahaha she IS creepy tho lol.

London Bloke

@ "The Truth"

Hey thanks for sharing that piece of info with us...That's indisputable proof that Lindsay got special treatment!

Shelly Smith

Things must be a lot different in CA because the slogan and fact is where I live, for anyone on probation: "No NEW charges" or you're going to jail until the new charges are resolved. PERIOD!!!

Jade evergreen

Lindsay never going to learn because Judges are to damn soft on her spoiled rotten butt and eventually Lindsay past for breaking the law will catch up to her and just matter of time one these days Lindsay has face the music,

To Lindsay enablers who support her she wouldn't give you time of day if you're facing going to jail.

cake

@ London Bloke:

I don't like to be cruel or engage in name-calling either (I think there's a difference between describing unacceptable behaviour and calling someone "a _____", but that's just me.

The apparent unfairness (to Lohan as well) really bugs me.

And sadly, I have come to learn that there are people who are not inherently decent... what brought me to my conclusions about Lohan is her actions in this alleged theft incident. I agree w/the judge that her intent was nefarious. I believe the earring was not a mistake, either. Her attitude and actions in this seem sneaky, manipulative and full of entitlement.

I don't like that sort of nonsense in anyone... : )

pink glitter

Ewww Lindsay looks like crap these days. But I knew she would "get off" by Stephanie Sautner. Pun intended there folks, if you catch my drift. I am happy this whole thing is OVER, so now i don;t have to read or hear about her anymore.

Hey Lindsay, good luck with that part in Savages, doll !!!

marknyc

The Truth

and you went to talk to all of them and post and all that or you only post here about Lindsay. just asking.

now if you only post about Lindsay then you are saying one thing and doing the opposite. Lindsay is NOT like the others, why? because if you walk oput of a door (any door) I don't care but if Lindsay walks out of a door (any door) then I care, and you care too apparently.

relax and practice what you preach from now on, or you'll face my comments reminding you that you are an hypocrite.

fair enough?

yeah.

sean

Cake/ PP,
Good to see you back after 25 days you smell like a rat IMO ..
"immature and creepy" oooh so scathing more like absolutely disgusting and morally corrupt to the core and I think Dina is the worst fame whore stage mother on the planet-FACT

Entourage of Enablers:

Do you think the families who lost their children or loved one to a drunk driver 4 years ago think it should be downplayed as no big deal..???

Jeanie

@ Shelly Smith

You're right Shelly!! I had a period in my life where I was a bit of a wild child...And I once landed on misdemeanor probation...I didn't catch a new charge...but I got caught going out of my county on a vacation--AND MY FRIGAN P.O. violated my ass, for which point--I wound up getting TOSSED in the county jail for freakin' 36 DAYS!!!

DOUBLE STANDARD??? YES INDEED!!!