Lindsay Lohan -- Charge Reduced to Misdemeanor!

4/22/2011 6:45 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Lindsay Lohan just caught a MASSIVE break -- her felony grand theft charge was just downgraded to a misdemeanor.

0422_lindsay_misdemeanor_BN

TMZ told you this would happen .... Judge Stephanie Sautner ruled the offense, along with Lindsay's record, did not support a felony charge.  The judge noted Lindsay's DUI conviction was 4 years ago.

The judge denied Shawn Holley's motion to dismiss the case outright.

carina

All the people bitching she got off, I too believe she is guilty, but what do I care? IF this was not online or television I would not even know this existed. Doesn't help or hurt my life, bottom line, yes the rich and famous win, so what, they don't pay my bills. People get too wrapped up in stuff that does not even affect them, let it go, who cares!

Snoogs

Linda - at the end of the day, people are "hating" because this is just a prime example of the imbalance that exists within the status quo. It really isn't so much about Lindsay, as it is about what she represents to everyone living their life outside the celebrity fantasy bubble.

It is frustrating for the rest of us to watch as someone who seemingly has it all, is also bestowed the kind of treatment none of us would get in this situation. She spits in the face of this preferential treatment, and then gets more of it. This is not how the real world functions, and chanting for her imprisonment is how we're venting this anger about the Class War.

Reisa L. Gerber

Yay...Lindsay has suffered enough...even though this is my third or fourth comment, I care about her because I have...issues with similar deals...at least that's what they say...I hope for the
same kind of leniency...and I wish her nothing but luck.
Sincerely,

Big Lots...I go alot and I'm manic so we keep the balance to about $300.

Reisa L. Gerber

same kind of leniency...and I wish her nothing but luck.
Sincerely,
Reisa Gerber
ps I suggest in the future that she...use charge cards. I have one at
Big Lots...I go alot and I'm manic so we keep the balance to about $300.

pstar

Celebration time for the one woman crime spree. Maybe the judges are hoping if they keep letting her out she'll OD and we'll be done with her.

fu

y que mierda quieres promocionar con este montaje...?
con el de cage es la pelicula imagino :/
y con lo del sheen ni te cuento...
pa caerse el alma a los pies
y encima haciendo personajes por aquí en los comentarios y hablando de tus propios hijos, de quién es el padre y todo eso
TÚ NO TIENES RESPETO POR NADA NI VERGÜENZA, no sé qué clase de MONSTRUO eres
bueno, sí lo sé, de lo que te acusaban los tabloides... eres peor que TODO eso (a saber lo que te va a tí sexualmente)

INSIDER

SUBPOENA THE TEXT MESSAGES BETWEEN LINDZ AND PATRICK FOR THE TRUTH!!!!!

Sunset

It was wrong to reduce it to a misdemeanor especially with the judge pointing to her record. Her record involves violating her probabtion time and time again as Danette pointed out including recently. Apparently you can steal an item that is being sold for over 2 grand and it is considered a misdemeanor which is ridiculous also. As usual celebrity justice. I hope she gets some time in jail and is found guilty at trial. I would also like to know why Danette is dropped from the case. I hope whoever her replacement is will be equally hard on Lindsay.

troy

no1curr...

bitch was still found in violation of her probation.

boom, bitch bye! off to jail...

Sarutobi Bujin Sasuke

if she comes to my country, i'll probably shoot her.

CriticAl

She'll be out crawling around on the sidewalk around 2 in the morning.

the Seeker

JJ 23 minutes ago
TMZ told you this would happen???? I'm calling BS!

Harvey just said on TMZ Live there was no way she'd get a reduction in charges?

What is this RNC Friday? False Statement * Repeat = Truth
-------------------------------
It sounds like tmz and the new social media platforms they are promoting are one big propaganda machine

Harvey you seem to be a smart guy I even saw you one day on the street doing peoples court and you were polite and friendly.

do not sell us out ..new yorkers have been good to you...

Sean

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CloBird

The judge still found her to be in violation of probation.Will the outcome of the trial have an effect on the probation-penalty phase? If Lindsay is found not guilty,will she still be in violation of probation? All of this sounds like the young woman is getting away with her wrong-doings.Lindsay isn't learning anything from all of this if she continues to get away with it.

JJAA

Not really surprised by this outcome…Def. will not be surprised if this life story has a tragic ending since everybody enables her! It is what it is!