Judge Rules Lindsay Lohan Violated Probation

4/22/2011 6:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Lindsay Lohan violated her probation by allegedly stealing a necklace, Judge Stephanie Sautner just ruled.

0422_lilo_probation_violated_bn

The judge ordered Lindsay to stand trial for theft, but reduced the charge from a felony to a misdemeanor.

Although Judge Sautner found Lindsay in violation of probation, she will not go to jail now.  The penalty will be determined after the verdict in the trial.

0202_lidsay_lohan_accessories_fame_footer

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6

Denise Nolte-Woods

I am so sick and tired of reading about these "Hollywood Stars", getting off for breaking the law!! If it had been you or I Stealing a valuable necklace from a jewerly store, it wouldn't be dropped to a misdemeanor, it would have stayed a felony...ESPECIALLY if we were still on probation for a different violation! Lock that Lohan bitch up and show her what really happens to lawbreakers!!!
I wouldn't go see anything with her in it, even if the rest of the cast were ppl I love!!

jj

I love that girl......

Seacrest is a Shorty

She's a spoiled girl who thinks the "rules" don't apply to her. I am personally sick of hearing about her. TMZ keeps her name alive with all the coverage. Maybe take a rest TMZ? Thanks!

Demitri

The penalty for shoplifting is a 50-500 dollar fine anywhere else in the world except the police states of America

J

So maybe, just maybe somebody out there will learn something from this. You can't just do whatever you want in life, even if you are a "supposed" celebrity or movie star...You can't break the law and get away with it.

T sanson

She has probaly sucked off all the ...."judges...(LOL) in calafonia

Marie

R U SERIOUS?? Please if it was not a celeb. they would have been locked up already no if/an/or but!!!! I understand it not bein a felony but what jus comm. serv. wht evr like I said if it wasn't a celeb she would hav already been inn jail mayb no bail? Its not like that 4 evry 1 else so y r celebs any different? Different standard nah it don't work like that!!! Judge was dead wrong!!!!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6